RedDogNamedClippers

Myles Turner 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Thank god! I have turner, whiteside and collins. I just need to pray for the other 2 now. I might also need to pray for Turner to stay healthy. Please keep him in your prayers folks!

No.14 in the last two weeks, including an injury-plagued dud. Where are the drop city guys? :D 

^you guys who have held him all year are acting like he's been anywhere near the best PF/C even recently. I mean sure, he's not totally sucking like early in the season. But  at this point in the season, if you dropped or sold him, it's not difficult to have a mix of guys like KAT, Tobias Harris, Joe Ingles, Dario Saric, etc., none of whom you'd have done worse with.

If guys like @mmcc1029 have teams being carried by this guy, then your team is trash.

Edited by Fiveohnine

55 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

^you guys who have held him all year are acting like he's been anywhere near the best PF/C even recently.

real housewives no GIF by Yosub Kim, Content Strategy Director

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fiveohnine said:

^you guys who have held him all year are acting like he's been anywhere near the best PF/C even recently. I mean sure, he's not totally sucking like early in the season. But  at this point in the season, if you dropped or sold him, it's not difficult to have a mix of guys like KAT, Tobias Harris, Joe Ingles, Dario Saric, etc., none of whom you'd have done worse with.

If guys like @mmcc1029 have teams being carried by this guy, then your team is trash.

Please find where I've said he's been carrying me, I'll wait. Playing in leagues that only go 75 players deep (like you said in your defense for dropping him) is the definition of trash though. 

Edited by mmcc1029

1 hour ago, Fiveohnine said:

His per-game ranking (41, 9-cat) is a round better than Mitchell, Barton, Adams, Enes, J-Rich, AG, Ingles, all must-own guys if healthy. I never owned him, I'm just here to enjoy the whole drop city saga about this guy :D

Was it a blunder to drop Kelly Olynyk or Brook Lopez, PF/C's who have been much better than Turner the last few weeks? How about Kyle O'Quinn? If that's the level you put Turner on when you call him "undroppable" then fine, we can disagree on that point.

I mean sure, having KAT and the other guys I mentioned made him easier for me to drop, but face it, Turner has been a drop candidate all season. CSB and all, but personally not letting him drag me down is just one more reason I'm the top seed cruising through the first round as we speak.

I mean, feel free to keep grasping for excuses as to why you clung to this turd all year. But regardless, like I said, if this dude is the difference maker on your team, then your team is trash. Point blank.

Edited by Fiveohnine

I admit it is a headache owning him because of his injuries but when he does play, he's returning 3rd rd production which is decent. I drafted him for Blks, pts, Fg%, FT% and to stay healthy in the playoffs. If he helps me win the chip, all is forgiven. I might be drafting him again next year depending on how far his stocks have fallen.

3 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

Regardless, like I said, if this dude is the difference maker on your team, then your team is trash. Point blank.

This dude is a difference maker on my team and I am winning 8-1 in the semifinals. There's no way in hell I am taking Ingles or Saric over Turner at any point in the season or this lifetime. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

Was it a blunder to drop Kelly Olynyk or Brook Lopez, PF/C's who have been much better than Turner the last few weeks? How about Kyle O'Quinn? I mean sure, having KAT and the other guys I mentioned made him easier for me to drop, but face it, Turner has been a drop candidate all season. CSB and all, but personally not letting him drag me down is just one more reason I'm the top seed cruising through the first round as we speak.

Turner hasn't been outside the top 50 all season, much less a drop candidate. Even ranking by totals, BBM has him at 61 for the season.

You would have to have a team of top-35 players for Turner not to be a difference maker. And if you have that, it's no wonder you think any team with him is trash.

I feel like some people on this site only operate in extremes at times. Is Myles Turner a stud? No. Is he living up to preseason expectations? No. Is he injury prone? Yes.

He didn't have a breakout year like most expected, but I don' t think he's absolute trash. I think it's too easy to make blanket condescending statements. In some situations he may have been droppable, but a lot of that depends on your team build, league setup, number of teams, etc. He can have value on the right squad, and in my case, is one of the main reasons I lead my league in blocks. I've mostly stuck with him because the waiver wire in my league is pretty dry and as frustratingly inconsistent as he is, he can still provide value in a number of different categories for me. Obviously he's not as good as I thought when I drafted him but he's still far from my worst player. 

Edited by basseffect
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

Was it a blunder to drop Kelly Olynyk or Brook Lopez, PF/C's who have been much better than Turner the last few weeks? How about Kyle O'Quinn?

This may be the single stupidest comparison I've ever seen in my entire life.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

This may be the single stupidest comparison I've ever seen in my entire life.

He's proven his comments worthless. Plays in an 8-10 team 10 starters type of league. His biggest defense of dropping Myles was because he fell outside the top 75 players in his league. My league is 12 teams 15 roster spots, 12 starters. So the top 180 at any given time should and all are owned. Most of these arguments come down to league context, sure myles wasn't as good as we thought he should be. But I never once thought about effing dropping him, for who??? Sure if you're in a 8-10 team league with shallow rosters do what you want because it's easy to overcome rash decisions, but I prefer the challenge of deeper leagues. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

Was it a blunder to drop Kelly Olynyk or Brook Lopez, PF/C's who have been much better than Turner the last few weeks? How about Kyle O'Quinn? If that's the level you put Turner on when you call him "undroppable" then fine, we can disagree on that point.

I mean sure, having KAT and the other guys I mentioned made him easier for me to drop, but face it, Turner has been a drop candidate all season. CSB and all, but personally not letting him drag me down is just one more reason I'm the top seed cruising through the first round as we speak.

I mean, feel free to keep grasping for excuses as to why you clung to this turd all year. But regardless, like I said, if this dude is the difference maker on your team, then your team is trash. Point blank.

Turner is the #10 C eligible player over the past MONTH, and #11 PF....So Stop whining bc you drafted KAT and turner and want to strictly pigeonhole Turner as a PF (even then it doesnt really help your argument). I and I assume most of us drafted him to be a Center. Just give it up bro. 

Edited by mmcc1029
  • Like 1

I have held onto him from beginning and will continue to do so till end. No regrets. In Myles Turner, we trust...

15 hours ago, mmcc1029 said:

He's proven his comments worthless. Plays in an 8-10 team 10 starters type of league. His biggest defense of dropping Myles was because he fell outside the top 75 players in his league. My league is 12 teams 15 roster spots, 12 starters. So the top 180 at any given time should and all are owned. Most of these arguments come down to league context, sure myles wasn't as good as we thought he should be. But I never once thought about effing dropping him, for who??? Sure if you're in a 8-10 team league with shallow rosters do what you want because it's easy to overcome rash decisions, but I prefer the challenge of deeper leagues. 

LOL we get it, you play in the best, most competitive league ever and it is far superior to the leagues that us peasants play in. You would surely finish first in all of our leagues while we would undoubtedly finish in last in yours.

Won my league with Turner being my second pick so I have absolutely no issues with this kid.

Yes, he has been underperforming for most the season but has really turned it up when it mattered the most (for me anyway).

5 hours ago, Howie said:

LOL we get it, you play in the best, most competitive league ever and it is far superior to the leagues that us peasants play in. You would surely finish first in all of our leagues while we would undoubtedly finish in last in yours.

Sorry that you find math (and reading) (and leagues of standard+ depth) so offensive. He's not the one bragging about having such a stacked team that he doesn't regret dropping Myles Turner. 

Just today looked at BBM rankings for the past two weeks. Myles was a 2nd rounder IINM. Assuming you rode the waves with him to this point and made it to the PO's, he's giving you some repayment.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Sorry that you find math (and reading) (and leagues of standard+ depth) so offensive. He's not the one bragging about having such a stacked team that he doesn't regret dropping Myles Turner. 

Thank you!! That was my point, I was not trying to be the guy bragging about my league,  just trying to point out most of us play in deep leagues and he was never a drop. 

10 minutes ago, Preparing the Kool-Aid said:

Just today looked at BBM rankings for the past two weeks. Myles was a 2nd rounder IINM. Assuming you rode the waves with him to this point and made it to the PO's, he's giving you some repayment.

Yea but you should have dropped him by now, haven't you heard ?

4 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

Yea but you should have dropped him by now, haven't you heard ?

Nah, had my own battle plan... wasting him on the IL instead. :ph34r: (For the first two games of this week; had Tyreke in the lineup (rested) and Myles on IL... oh well, will get Myles back for Friday; CSB).

The heck? Didnt myles have 3 steals before? I am seeing only 1 now. 

13 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

The heck? Didnt myles have 3 steals before? I am seeing only 1 now. 

Looks like they switched them to blocks