Code of Hammurabi

Zach Lavine 2017-2018 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, thezing1 said:

Where are you getting the mid-January timeline from? Can you give a link with a Bulls source stating mid-January that is somewhat recent?

Zach LaVine (knee) is scheduled to go through six days in a row of full-contact practices starting on Saturday.

‘‘That’s going to really be like his training camp,’’ head coach Fred Hoiberg said. ‘‘But it’s going to be good to get him back for consecutive days of full-contact practice. We’ll see how he responds." If LaVine can get through this these practices without issue, there's a chance we could see him make his regular-season sometime during the third week of January, so he's close enough to a return that it makes sense to stash him away in most leagues.

8 minutes ago, -M- said:

Zach LaVine (knee) is scheduled to go through six days in a row of full-contact practices starting on Saturday.

‘‘That’s going to really be like his training camp,’’ head coach Fred Hoiberg said. ‘‘But it’s going to be good to get him back for consecutive days of full-contact practice. We’ll see how he responds." If LaVine can get through this these practices without issue, there's a chance we could see him make his regular-season sometime during the third week of January, so he's close enough to a return that it makes sense to stash him away in most leagues.

Ok, now I understand what is happening with my confusion. You are quoting Hoiberg at the start of that, but the third week speculation is coming from Joe Crowley and not one of the Bulls people. So if we get to the 4th with practice the Windy City Bulls play on the 5/6, 10/11, 17, 19/20. Let's say Zach plays with the G league on the 6th, which makes sense since the Bulls will be on a road B2B and the G league will be playing in IL on the 6th. Then the Bulls play a 4 game home stand on the 13th, but play at home on the 8th and in NYC on the 10th. The G league games on the 10/11 are in Ontario, Canada. Why send him to Canada? That doesn't make much sense. And why play him in more than 1 G league game if you are "tanking"? This is all donkey stuff anyway. The Bulls are 8-2 in the last 10 games. 

If he makes it through these 6 consecutive rigorous practices with contact in good shape then he should play with the g league on the 6th and then there is nothing that makes sense with the g league beyond that IMO. I think holding him out beyond the 13th doesn't have much support behind it unless they send him to Canada to play in the G league. Wouldn't it be something if LaVine injures himself in a G league game? Trying to apply logic to this is making me realize how stupid this really is. I hope the Bulls just keep winning games. 

"Zach LaVine (torn left ACL) admitted that he is growing impatient with the recovery process.

"I know I feel like I can play right now," he said. "I’m just doing everything I can to get back,’’ LaVine added. "I feel good, but it’s a lot of people making decisions in this. So I have to trust them and they have to trust me, then we have to get to a point to where I’m out here playing." This week will be big for LaVine to show he's ready with six consecutive contact practices lined up, and so long as there are no issues or setbacks, the Bulls will have to make a decision on the next step(s) thereafter. It may not be time yet, but it's clear that LaVine is getting very close to knocking on that door."

It's so lame that the Bulls are in a situation where keeping their best player not playing yields the best result for the franchise.. Nothing new in the league I know, but still frustrating to watch it happen.   
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, drummerboy7816 said:

"Zach LaVine (torn left ACL) admitted that he is growing impatient with the recovery process.

"I know I feel like I can play right now," he said. "I’m just doing everything I can to get back,’’ LaVine added. "I feel good, but it’s a lot of people making decisions in this. So I have to trust them and they have to trust me, then we have to get to a point to where I’m out here playing." This week will be big for LaVine to show he's ready with six consecutive contact practices lined up, and so long as there are no issues or setbacks, the Bulls will have to make a decision on the next step(s) thereafter. It may not be time yet, but it's clear that LaVine is getting very close to knocking on that door."

It's so lame that the Bulls are in a situation where keeping their best player not playing yields the best result for the franchise.. Nothing new in the league I know, but still frustrating to watch it happen.   

9-2 in their last 11 games. Karma is a motherf*cker....at this point I just want to see the Bulls keep winning and stick it to the management Major League style. 

• Haha 1

Every time I see an update in this thread, I enter expecting to see Lavine's return date pushed back another 2 weeks.

Edited by hardyharhar
  • Like 2

Zach LaVine (knee) had a workout on Friday night.

Tomorrow is a big day with LaVine starting his streak of practicing for six straight days, so getting in extra work today is somewhat encouraging. It sounds like Jan. 13 is his target date, but he will have to get through his one practice with the Bulls, four with the Windy City G League team, and one more with the Bulls again.

Scooped. Hopefully i can hold. 

Got dedmon and gobert already hurt but they should all be back within 2 weeks.

i think i can maintain. Currently in 2nd

K.C. JohnsonVerified account @KCJHoop 4h4 hours ago

Zach LaVine shed his knee brace: "It’s like adding three pounds on your leg. So I made the decision to not go with it. It’s safe. It’s more between me and the doctor and stuff like that, so I appreciate that.”
Is Zach Lavine in slam dunk contest shape? "I'm close. I don't know if I have 100 percent my legs back but I can definitely go out there and get buckets. That's all I know."

So if the last hurdle is for him to go through 6 straight days of practice, why is the return date that's thrown around Jan 13th? That would be a full week after his 6 practices.

39 minutes ago, hardyharhar said:

So if the last hurdle is for him to go through 6 straight days of practice, why is the return date that's thrown around Jan 13th? That would be a full week after his 6 practices.

Probably because Jan 13th is Zach Lavine bobble head night at the United Center. No joke

3 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

Probably because Jan 13th is Zach Lavine bobble head night at the United Center. No joke

Lol I've seen that. But seriously, it's almost as if they're expecting a set back. Unless I'm missing something, after 6 straight practices, there should be nothing else he'd have to do to show he's ready. The faster he starts on his minute restrictions, the faster they come off.

7 hours ago, hardyharhar said:

I'm unsure but maybe it team practices, so you have to include games and travel days and rest days etc.  So its team practices during that time?

12 hours ago, hardyharhar said:

They have thrown out playing him in the G league for a game. The G league plays in IL on the 6th. Then the Bulls start a 4 game home stand on the 13th. None of this makes much sense, but I love watching the Bulls win and the tanking plan blowing up in their faces. 10-2 in their last 12 games, but they are still close to having the worst record in the league...tanking is competitive as hell this year

Zach LaVine (knee) has been assigned to Chicago's G-League affiliate.

LaVine is scheduled to go through four straight practices with Chicago's G-League team, after which he'll return to run through a full practice with the Bulls, and if all goes well he could potentially make his regular-season debut on January 13 against the Pistons. He's worth stashing in all leagues.

BULLS ASSIGN LAVINE TO WINDY CITY BULLS

The Chicago Bulls announced today that the team has assigned guard...

Verif

8 hours ago, Cbridge617 said:

I'm unsure but maybe it team practices, so you have to include games and travel days and rest days etc.  So its team practices during that time?

From what I've gathered it's 6 straight days. He's alternating between practices with the bulls and with their g league team so it can be 6 straight days.

26 minutes ago, hardyharhar said:

From what I've gathered it's 6 straight days. He's alternating between practices with the bulls and with their g league team so it can be 6 straight days.

You are right. It's 6 consecutive days of practice. 

2 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

What kind of value will he bring post-ASG, when he presumably is fully up to speed?

top 40-50

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

What kind of value will he bring post-ASG, when he presumably is fully up to speed?

Final form Zach is probably going to bring something like 2/20/3-4/3-4/1/0/2-3 TO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1