Stallion

Aaron Gordon 2017-2018 Season Outlook

So... about that Center position eligibility :ph34r: *ahem* ..

Aaron Gordon's 20 points and 12 rebounds weren't enough in Monday's loss to the Nets.

Gordon's shot selection tonight wasn't great, and he finished just 8-of-20 from the field and 2-of-3 from the line with one steal and two triples. The good news is that his floor going forward is going to be even higher, as he played some backup center tonight and logged a team-high 41 minutes -- coach Frank Vogel said before the game that he's going to use Gordon there in certain situations. His fantasy arrow continues to point up and his 20-12 effort comes on the heels of a 39-point game on Saturday.
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

Aaaaaand I lose FG% for the week

Let's just hope he make his next 6 shots.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

Let's just hope he make his next 6 shots.

Houston can be a surprisingly stingy defense at times.. and this is where not having vucevic on the inside hurts, because now instead of Kelly olynyk you're facing better switches and guys like pj tucker and ariza etc.

Here’s an idea-instead of bricking a ton of mid range jumpers, grab a damn rebound!

Managed to salvage the line a bit. I'm not too mad about the end line, everybody has some bad shooting days.

Posted (edited)

image.png.e5edfb918e406d2f57b36e57a4186f76.png

Vucevic is the 7th best passing Center in the entire league, he's also made the 6th most passes out of any Center on average per game (I assume this includes hand-offs, everything). 

Just read a silly post a few pages back that I missed stating his "3.3 apg average is unimpressive".. 

When you have better defenses that can key in on the perimeter, you need a post presence to suck in the defense, but when that post presence can also pass it opens up everything for everybody. It gets predictable if your team is all standing around the perimeter taking turns, there's this notion that the post-presence is gone, but it's not entirely true. There are still some very solid interior scoring bigs who can pass really well, and he's one of them.

This is important for a guy like AG to have sustained success, it's easy when you're facing Miami or Brooklyn, do it against the Warriors, Celtics, Spurs, Portland, etc. 

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Thanks 1

I’m considering dropping Gordon so I don’t have a reason to check this thread and subject myself to any more of these Vucevic posts. AG’s a hell of a player but there’s only so much anyone can take.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Joeklebba said:

I’m considering dropping Gordon so I don’t have a reason to check this thread and subject myself to any more of these Vucevic posts. AG’s a hell of a player but there’s only so much anyone can take.

Eh? You tried hard to be a troll after his breakout game vs Miami and call me out for arguing he needs Vucevic, but you disappear as predicted when he doesn't show up vs a better defense. 

You make a surface level argument that many people did over in the TJ Warren thread when Booker went down, they just assume player A goes down player B succeeds. It lacks any context for player talent level, and how the offensive system works. And once again when faced with stats (you said Vucevic's passing didn't impress you enough for you to believe it had an impact on Gordon), you slip in another distraction.

Warren was 76 / 177 without Booker (good for 42%), in the 3 games since his return he upped it to 57% FG (which doesn't include his 15-21 explosion). Gordon is a good player with or without Vucevic, we have agreed on that much, but efficiency and effectiveness is a different story. He's not a 1A yet - he's getting there and needs more work, and that's what some here are (in my opinion) wrongfully assuming. 

Anyhow, I digress. 

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, #coco said:

Wow im gonna use this soooooooooooooooo much! thx

• Like 1

3rd foul they just called on him was an absolute joke.