Stallion

Aaron Gordon 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Well between him and vucevic, this seems like a hot load of bs

what happened to him. i think hes on my DND list from now on. started the year so well and efficient. now he's injury prone, soft, and shoots horrible percentages for 3's and ft's. settles way too much on jumpshots. and if it's not going in he keeps shooting instead of driving or cutting. 

20 hours ago, brosephd said:

what happened to him. i think hes on my DND list from now on. started the year so well and efficient. now he's injury prone, soft, and shoots horrible percentages for 3's and ft's. settles way too much on jumpshots. and if it's not going in he keeps shooting instead of driving or cutting. 

I wouldn't say he's been so bad as to be worthy of DND. If you put things into perspective, this season has been a lost cause for many players, just a really inconsistent and unordinary circumstances revolving around injuries, different roles and obviously a lost season W/L wise for the Magic. Personally gonna keep my eye on him over the summer to see if he improves his overall game at all, since his (somewhat limited) offensive skill set really hurt his production in what was supposed to be a breakout year. Still, close to 18/8/2/1/1 with 2+ 3PMG isn't too bad. Despite his putrid shooting the past few months, he's still hovering around 43-44% too.

30 minutes ago, Tr3yball said:

I wouldn't say he's been so bad as to be worthy of DND. If you put things into perspective, this season has been a lost cause for many players, just a really inconsistent and unordinary circumstances revolving around injuries, different roles and obviously a lost season W/L wise for the Magic. Personally gonna keep my eye on him over the summer to see if he improves his overall game at all, since his (somewhat limited) offensive skill set really hurt his production in what was supposed to be a breakout year. Still, close to 18/8/2/1/1 with 2+ 3PMG isn't too bad. Despite his putrid shooting the past few months, he's still hovering around 43-44% too.

yeah, if he falls to me for the right price i probably will draft him or try to flip him, it's just been frustrating last few games before yesterday's when he was shooting like 6-20 or so with 0-8 3's. i'm watching the play by play updates and keep seeing Aaron Gordon misses 27-foot 3 pointer. 

On 4/9/2018 at 4:37 PM, brosephd said:

yeah, if he falls to me for the right price i probably will draft him or try to flip him, it's just been frustrating last few games before yesterday's when he was shooting like 6-20 or so with 0-8 3's. i'm watching the play by play updates and keep seeing Aaron Gordon misses 27-foot 3 pointer. 

His hot shooting start wasn't going to last and it seems like he's regressed since then. I think the injuries probably had some impact on his performance as well. Hopefully he can show some tangible improvement over the offseason. I wonder if he'll still be viewed as a breakout candidate again next year, since his season numbers were still pretty solid despite the poor shooting.