Stallion

Aaron Gordon 2017-2018 Season Outlook

3 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

Where's that block button now..

So you don't agree that he can be a top 10-15 guy if punks like Fournier and Simmons weren't freezing him out? And its not even just in fantasy. like how has frank Vogel not figured out by now that when the game runs thru AAron, they generally win the game. And when guys like Fournier are hogging the ball, they lose.

25 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

So you don't agree that he can be a top 10-15 guy if punks like Fournier and Simmons weren't freezing him out? And its not even just in fantasy. like how has frank Vogel not figured out by now that when the game runs thru AAron, they generally win the game. And when guys like Fournier are hogging the ball, they lose.

No, I don't enjoy debating with people who whine and are not grateful when it's hitting them square in the face. You're complaining incessantly about an incredible player's production, and it made you look dumb for complaining during the 1st quarter of a game because you have some unrealistically high expectations for a player that is far exceeding any expectations any one had of him coming into this season.

If people knew he'd be a top 18-20 guy he would've been picked accordingly, most people got him 6th - 7th - 8th round in their drafts, and you're sitting here whining that his points and boards aren't good enough for you on a game to game basis.

It's about his season averages. I read someone here cry that he killed them with his last game on Sunday, yet they completely ignore the fact he was their leading producer for the entire week and was ranked #3 for the entire week last week, it's ridiculous how spoiled people are nowadays in this instant gratification society. No objective thought, no big picture, all we need is one game - forget it - not even one game - ONE QUARTER to start bitching about a player. It's stupid. 

I'll debate with you if you make a prediction that he'll struggle or that he'll die down or that he's a sell high, but I will no longer give you the time of day for trying to double down now that you've been made out to look foolish for calling this guy out. I can understand getting frustrated by saying 'he can do more but Fournier is is killing what his potential is', but you're talking about two different things in your post that are completely different - freezing out, and this guy not being consistent, you changed your argument because you saw your 1st post during his 1st quarter didn't come off correctly. Heck, I've complained about them freezing them out, but that wasn't your original argument. 

So please, to reiterate, don't mash the keyboard when you're frustrated, let alone with this player of all players. He's been the MVP of the season so far for most teams. 

Don't believe me? 

Check it out:

NcMM9im.png

This is because his production far outweighs his ADP. 

For the record, you can check out the KAT thread where I went off because he had 0 shots in the 1st quarter and 1 shot in the 4th quarter of the last game, but with him there is a track record for getting shafted by his teammates and not living up to his ADP, it's the exact opposite with Gordon - he puts up crazy lines DESPITE but not being the go-to option. So yes, you're right on that account. 

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

The problem is he can be so much better. Like top 10-15 material if he didn't so easily get froze out by all these other wannabe stars on his team. it also seems like for whatever reason, when he isn't getting the ball/scoring, he also isnt grabbing many boards either. With him Pts/boards go all or nothing from game to game

I agree with you 100%. I've been watching magic games just to watch him. Fournier freezes him out consistently. The magic could have won todays game. Fournier made endless mistakes just to freeze gordon out. Pick and pop Gordon's open, instead he drives into traffic. Fast break 2 on 1? Gordon gives it to him and instead of giving it right back fournier bricks a much contested layup.. Pick in role with Air Gordon right by the rim? No i'm going to give it to the worst shooter on the floor....elfrid payton. IT isn't just fournier, it's simmons and Even elfrid sometimes as well. The only person in the starting lineup that plays unselfishly and well with AG is Vuc.  Aaron had some sweet pick and role dimes to Vuc. And Vuc will pick for him and give him space for a three. I would be okay if AG was playing bad because he had a night off. And to a certain extent he did. But there are multiple moments where he's open, hes making the right play, and fournier or simmons try to  play hero ball. Its rididculous. Play in the flow of the game and the magic wouldn't be loosing this much after their great start. 

Edited by stickman786
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

No, I don't enjoy debating with people who whine and are not grateful when it's hitting them square in the face. You're complaining incessantly about an incredible player's production, and it made you look dumb for complaining during the 1st quarter of a game because you have some unrealistically high expectations for a player that is far exceeding any expectations any one had of him coming into this season.

If people knew he'd be a top 18-20 guy he would've been picked accordingly, most people got him 6th - 7th - 8th round in their drafts, and you're sitting here whining that his points and boards aren't good enough for you on a game to game basis.

It's about his season averages. I read someone here cry that he killed them with his last game on Sunday, yet they completely ignore the fact he was their leading producer for the entire week and was ranked #3 for the entire week last week, it's ridiculous how spoiled people are nowadays in this instant gratification society. No objective thought, no big picture, all we need is one game - forget it - not even one game - ONE QUARTER to start bitching about a player. It's stupid. 

I'll debate with you if you make a prediction that he'll struggle or that he'll die down or that he's a sell high, but I will no longer give you the time of day for trying to double down now that you've been made out to look foolish for calling this guy out. I can understand getting frustrated by saying 'he can do more but Fournier is is killing what his potential is', but you're talking about two different things in your post that are completely different - freezing out, and this guy not being consistent, you changed your argument because you saw your 1st post during his 1st quarter didn't come off correctly. Heck, I've complained about them freezing them out, but that wasn't your original argument. 

So please, to reiterate, don't mash the keyboard when you're frustrated, let alone with this player of all players. He's been the MVP of the season so far for most teams. 

Don't believe me? 

Check it out:

NcMM9im.png

This is because his production far outweighs his ADP. 

For the record, you can check out the KAT thread where I went off because he had 0 shots in the 1st quarter and 1 shot in the 4th quarter of the last game, but with him there is a track record for getting shafted by his teammates and not living up to his ADP, it's the exact opposite with Gordon - he puts up crazy lines DESPITE but not being the go-to option. So yes, you're right on that account. 

I get that maybe I shouldn't overreact to small samples like 1 quarter. In terms of that, I admit I was wrong. My frustration isn't with Gordon's play, it's with his teammates not getting him involved and playing selfish. And it seems to me that when he's not being involved in the offensive, he's not as zoned in on defense either. 

And believe me I've been high on him since preseason. Before the season started, someone offered me Payton and Randle for him. Keep in mind that was back when Randle was considered a 5th/6th round pick. I rejected instantly. He then came back offering Paul George. STILL said no! Maybe I just overvalue my own players, but I've been high on him

8 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

He then came back offering Paul George. STILL said no! Maybe I just overvalue my own players, but I've been high on him

Paul George and you said NO ?!?!

Edited by LivingOnTheEdge
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

Not really into this back and forth on Gordon, but just wanted to chime in on the Magic winning games when things ran through Gordon and losing games when Fournier hogs the ball.

It was said by at least a few columnists that the Magic's early hot start was fueled by unsustainable 3 point shooting. Both their own high 3 point %'s and their opponents incredibly low 3 point % and I believe a lot of these were considered open or corner 3's. The correction to the norm was not gradual over the ROS. It was drastic. Like all of a sudden opponents were converting on 3's like they converted on 3's to start the year. Here are a handful of their opponents 3% during the losing steak.

Denver 41.4%

Portland 51.9%

Utah 41.2%

Ind 40%

Philly 47.1%

If/when these 3 point % balance out the Magic will be seen for what they are, a decent team that really isn't that talented. They aren't as good as they were when they were shooting lights out and they aren't as bad as they were when their opponents were shooting lights out. But pitting that on Gordon's role is a reach. He has been a constant in all game. Guys like Isaac and Payton have not been because of injury. I would look at what those injuries did to rotations and usage....or just blame it on the coach and teammates not feeding Gordon enough

7 hours ago, LivingOnTheEdge said:

Paul George and you said NO ?!?!

What can I say? I love my own players lol. The other thing with AG is, I got him at a steal so he has relatively cheap keeper rights for next season (5th round next year) while George doesn't 

Fournier down with an ankle sprain. Now we'll see if he was truly holding back our guy,

RELEASE THE KRAKEN.

Don't see the big deal to saying no to Paul George, Gordon has been between the top 17 and 19 spot for the last few weeks. You're also getting his production from the PF spot, which makes what he does even more unique.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

Don't see the big deal to saying no to Paul George, Gordon has been between the top 17 and 19 spot for the last few weeks. You're also getting his production from the PF spot, which makes what he does even more unique.

Noob question but how do you actually check these rankings?

I don't care what I get sent I'm probably not trading honestly lol. Especially with all the injuries going on right now. Almost all the guys that you would consider flipping for him from the 2-3 rounds are or have been banged up this year. I have both PG and Gordon and Gordon in a points league and so far Gordon has out performed George by quite a bit. Not sure what the offer would have to be, but it would have to be GOOD for me to move on from this complete breakout we have on our hands. 

1 minute ago, JooCraig said:

I don't care what I get sent I'm probably not trading honestly lol. Especially with all the injuries going on right now. Almost all the guys that you would consider flipping for him from the 2-3 rounds are or have been banged up this year. I have both PG and Gordon and Gordon in a points league and so far Gordon has out performed George by quite a bit. Not sure what the offer would have to be, but it would have to be GOOD for me to move on from this complete breakout we have on our hands. 

I agree, I personally have PG and AG on my team. They're equals in a points league. With all the injuries in the Magic, I actually think AG will have to trend up because they need to use him more and don't have to play him less to tank (they are losing with or without him + they are not in full tank mode).

Air Gordon is about to evolve into Space X Gordon. Cleared for takeoff! 

in limited time tonight , no Fournier hasn't really done much for AG. 

Hope AG returns before Fournier so we can have a larger sample size