Sign in to follow this  
atrium

Martavis Bryant for David Johnson

Accept this trade as the DJ owner? I'm in 14 team standard league, here's my team

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton

RB: Dalvin Cook, Theo Riddick, Paul Perkins, David Johnson, Darren Sproles

WR: Sammy Watkins, Terrelle Pryor, Eric Decker

TE: Rob Gronkowski, Charles Clay

K: Mason Crosby

DEF: Miami

Your RBs aren't great..... you want to rely on Perkins and Riddick as your RB2 in the playoffs? You have no chance.

Bryant has been a bust so far.... he will get you either 15 points or 1 point every game. 

If you're going to get a WR out of Johnson who will back the last third of the season, try to get someone more reliable than Bryant. 

1 hour ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

Hows your team looking? if I'm 3-0 I deffinetly do it, 2-1 probably...1-2 or worse, probably not. 

I'm 1-2

7 minutes ago, joshh83 said:

Your RBs aren't great..... you want to rely on Perkins and Riddick as your RB2 in the playoffs? You have no chance.

Bryant has been a bust so far.... he will get you either 15 points or 1 point every game. 

If you're going to get a WR out of Johnson who will back the last third of the season, try to get someone more reliable than Bryant. 

Well I would do the trade so that I could actually make sure I make the playoffs. The hope would be that I nab a worthy RB2 off the waivers by the time the playoffs are here

Okay, well I wouldn't get Bryant. Again, some games he's going to get you very few points. It' end zone or bust for him.

How about other guys in the 10 to 20 WR range? ---- K Allen? G Tate (Stafford is hot this year and has a cake schedule and loves throwing to Tate)....  look at some other top 10 to 20 WRs who give your more consistency, not boom or bust.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, joshh83 said:

Okay, well I wouldn't get Bryant. Again, some games he's going to get you very few points. It' end zone or bust for him.

How about other guys in the 10 to 20 WR range? ---- K Allen? G Tate (Stafford is hot this year and has a cake schedule and loves throwing to Tate)....  look at some other top 10 to 20 WRs who give your more consistency, not boom or bust.

Would you do DJ and Decker for Martavis and Doug Martin?

edit: Might even try just DJ for Martavis and Dougie

Edited by atrium

Okay, I like this better..... Martin could be the starter when he gets back and has looked good in the off season.

Heck, throw in Decker, you don't really need him. He's just as injury prone... it's better to make the deal sweet than for it to get turned down.

Okay thanks for the help mate. I think first I'm gonna message the league and see if anyone else is interested in DJ, then try to field the best offer.

Unfortunately this 14 team league only has a 4 man playoffs, so winning now is especially important

1 minute ago, atrium said:

Okay thanks for the help mate. I think first I'm gonna message the league and see if anyone else is interested in DJ, then try to field the best offer.

Unfortunately this 14 team league only has a 4 man playoffs, so winning now is especially important

You are right.... DJ is not worth holding onto... you gotta win now.

Fish around. I really like Keenan Allen for a bounce back year from injury.... only 60 yards last game and has played tough defenses - he seems like he's gonna get you 100 yards or a TD every game.  --- or Baldwin has lower value now, T Hill is the real deal, D Thomas is consistent.... etc

good luck!

• Like 1

By all means shop him around but I doubt anyone will give you anything of value in a 14 team league where only 4 teams make the playoffs. Martavis Bryant might be the best offer you get in a 1 for 1 deal. 

3 minutes ago, joshh83 said:

You are right.... DJ is not worth holding onto... you gotta win now.

Fish around. I really like Keenan Allen for a bounce back year from injury.... only 60 yards last game and has played tough defenses - he seems like he's gonna get you 100 yards or a TD every game.  --- or Baldwin has lower value now, T Hill is the real deal, D Thomas is consistent.... etc

good luck!

Thanks!

I'd say take Martavius, but I'd also see if I could get a decent rb. Not sure if Martavius alone helps you win "now" though

Keep DJ... he will outscore idiot Bryant this year despite missing half the season