Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dekciw_1

Victor Oladipo 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

What are the expectations for Oladipo this year? 

ESPN has him 65th ranked, 16/4.6/3.2/1.4. In my opinion, the guy is underated and should be grabbed at least in the 5th. 

Where are you drafting him? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19.2 pts, 5 rebs, 3.6 assists, 1.6 steals, .6 blks

 

People might think some of those stats are a little high, but I think Oladipo comes back strong this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4th round. I'm projecting 17/4/4/1.3/.3 as the floor. 20/5/6/1.7/.8 as the ceiling.

 

Anyone else on the Mike/Jonas/Ryan hype train for Ola this year? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy was grabbed at the end of the first round or second round last year. He's now extremely cheap compared to that. A definite target in all of my leagues considering Indiana does not have much except him and Turner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is not underrated - two seasons in a row he has been consistently overrated. Oladipo has so far not justified his hype. I already got fooled last season when I drafted him at the 2nd round of the deep (20 team) league. I don't repeat this mistake and this year I am not ready to pick him before the end of the 5th round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, apatas said:

He is not underrated - two seasons in a row he has been consistently overrated. Oladipo has so far not justified his hype. I already got fooled last season when I drafted him at the 2nd round of the deep (20 team) league. I don't repeat this mistake and this year I am not ready to pick him before the end of the 5th round.


Its amazing how bad you are getting some things.
If you draft Porzingis #1 pick and expect him to be Giannis and he flops, it doesnt mean KP's overrated,  its simply you who misjudged the player.. Same thing with Oladipo.

Nobody is telling you to do the same thing again, but to draft the guy sooner than mid 6th round - as projections say. He has the tools to produce, and the usage will be there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dekciw_1 said:


Its amazing how bad you are getting some things.
If you draft Porzingis #1 pick and he flops, it doesnt mean hes overrated, its you who made the mistake. Same thing with Oladipo.

Nobody is telling you to do the same thing again, but to draft the guy sooner than mid 6th round - as projections say. He has the tools to produce, and the usage will be there. 

I even don't understand what it means because I never draft Porzingis in 1st round (at least this season). Why this kind of example?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, Oladipo played in the backcourt with the player who registered the highest usage rate in NBA history that same season. An Indiana team gutted of perimeter talent means he will have the ball a hell of  a lot more often, and it's not like his numbers weren't usable. Indiana has a lost season so there is less chance of him getting sat. I also think Collison is a good backcourt mate for him because he won't be a usage monster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't his final season in ORL the Skiles year? Dipo came off the bench a lot but did have stretches where he lived up to the top 40 hype

 

The he's traded to OKC & everyone kind of assumed he was gonna be a mini KD & become a All Star or something...

 

This season it's a completely different scenario. Dipo is now THE perimeter guy for Indiana

 

IMO he's a target in the 4th round and won't get past the 5th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect AT LEAST Orlando Magic level of numbers (before he got traded to OKC).  I can see him surpassing those considering the Pacers are now his and Myles Turner's team.  I assume he'll have the green light on that team.

 

Everyone in my draft this year slept on this guy and fell to 6th round.  I am very hyped in getting good value for him throughout the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is all true, that Dipo played next to RWB last season, but why then he was taken as 21st pick at Rotoworld experts (Dr. A, Gallagher, Knaus and others) mock draft? These people should also know where he was going. That why I was fooled and I took him as 27th pick. Now all talk like wise men: we knew about it and situation is changed. But mostly you also drafted him at least 3rd round? If wrong hype happened already twice it can happen third time also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, apatas said:

why then he was taken as 21st pick at Rotoworld experts (Dr. A, Gallagher, Knaus and others) mock draft? These people should also know where he was going. That why I was fooled and I took him as 27th pick. 

 

Don't follow the sheep over the hill. I took Druss in the third round in 2 drafts thanks to Mike Gal. 

 

Follow your gut instincts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apatas, the difference is that this year Oladipo is going more-so his career norms... dictating a 5th round pick or so. Even better, he is going around $14 in Yahoo Auctions which is a great price for him.

 

You bring up a good point about last year tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, apatas said:

It is all true, that Dipo played next to RWB last season, but why then he was taken as 21st pick at Rotoworld experts (Dr. A, Gallagher, Knaus and others) mock draft? These people should also know where he was going. That why I was fooled and I took him as 27th pick. Now all talk like wise men: we knew about it and situation is changed. But mostly you also drafted him at least 3rd round? If wrong hype happened already twice it can happen third time also.

Because those dudes are guys just like us and we all make mistakes. There's no fantasy basketball college where you can go and earn a B.S. in FBB. No certificates or official designations to apply for. They're just regular guys that happen to have jobs that pay them to basically do what we do here on the forum for free. 

 

Look at this mock draft done a few days ago by industry "experts" and ask yourself if a group of us RW members couldn't have done better than that (Wiggins picked at 36, Rondo at 53, etc. :lol:):

 

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/2017-fantasy-basketball-draft-prep-lebron-james-goes-ahead-of-stephen-curry-james-harden-in-our-first-mock-draft/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, apatas said:

It is all true, that Dipo played next to RWB last season, but why then he was taken as 21st pick at Rotoworld experts (Dr. A, Gallagher, Knaus and others) mock draft? These people should also know where he was going. That why I was fooled and I took him as 27th pick. Now all talk like wise men: we knew about it and situation is changed. But mostly you also drafted him at least 3rd round? If wrong hype happened already twice it can happen third time also.

lol oladipo was taking early by expert due to he showed his upside when he was in orlando when given the mins and he sucked there because of the coach f--- up rotation all the time so when he move to OKC where they just lost their best scorer and people thought Dipo will get all the mins and shots to help what okc lacks.

 

All things point dipo to have a good season but it turn out to be all wrong. This is why fantasy basketball is fun because you can not predict everything.

 

This season the same thing happen again when Dipo is in pacer but his ADP falls to 50ish with an upside of top 30. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been a Oladipo owner for two years now, so i went through it all with him. In his last year in ORL he showed glimpses of the great player he could be, then the Skiles ordeal happened, and he didn't blow up as people expected him to do at some point during the season. And yes,  i fell for the hype last year thinking that with KD's departure he could unleash his game and become a sidekick to Russ and have a great year as a duo, ignoring the evidence that should have kept me from reaching out for him in early rounds. He didn't pan out, but that doesn't mean he sucks. FantasyBB is all about the ratio between value and pick. Picking dipo 25 last year was just as wrong as it is having him ranked 70 this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kaboom said:

Because those dudes are guys just like us and we all make mistakes. There's no fantasy basketball college where you can go and earn a B.S. in FBB. No certificates or official designations to apply for. They're just regular guys that happen to have jobs that pay them to basically do what we do here on the forum for free. 

 

Look at this mock draft done a few days ago by industry "experts" and ask yourself if a group of us RW members couldn't have done better than that (Wiggins picked at 36, Rondo at 53, etc. :lol:):

 

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/2017-fantasy-basketball-draft-prep-lebron-james-goes-ahead-of-stephen-curry-james-harden-in-our-first-mock-draft/ 

Usually I try to use any information what I get from experts, here from some Rotoworld forum members draft. several articles and also preseason numbers but then I do my own decision. Last season all information pointed to Oladipo as TOP30 player and I finally decided to believe people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's got the tools, but I'm not touching him. Moving back into DND territory again due to his current ADP. His possible ceiling isn't worth the asking price right now for me, as there are ssafer options available about that ADP who have a much much higher floor. His TO's and low FG scare me away as well. His upside is probably Monta Ellis, and I've never warmed up to drafting him either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PuzzBeterson said:

 His upside is probably Monta Ellis, and I've never warmed up to drafting him either. 

Very valuable member of my fantasy team at season 2013/14.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, apatas said:

Very valuable member of my fantasy team at season 2013/14.

He had some really good years. The chance at getting below average FG, FT and high TO has always held me back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PuzzBeterson said:

He had some really good years. The chance at getting below average FG, FT and high TO has always held me back. 

It was not too bad at 2013/14  FG/FT 45/79% almost 6 assists, 1,7 steals and important fact - 82 GP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, apatas said:

It was not too bad at 2013/14  FG/FT 45/79% almost 6 assists, 1,7 steals and important fact - 82 GP.

He had some really good years. The chance at getting below average FG, FT and high TO has always held me back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GmGodine said:

Got him for 20$ in my 14 team league draft
tenor.gif

Seems close to his price ceiling, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites