heyitsmattdelly

Punt Assists 2017-2018

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, letemfly said:

I'm looking to drop Rivers for Ish as well but I'm not sure if that would fix my assist woes.

or should I go all out punt assists and trade Teague for an Oladipo or Bradley? thoughts?

 

 

You're already good in field goal %, so i'll drop Seth or Rivers for Ish. Sure Ish can damage your turnovers but he can get steals too.

 

 

Edited by Trench Mob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Done a few mocks...Where I'm struggling is if I have a late pick 7-9...AD, KAT and Curry are usually gone and I'm usually reaching for people who are usually 2nd round picks...anyone running into this problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, JLoson0550 said:

Done a few mocks...Where I'm struggling is if I have a late pick 7-9...AD, KAT and Curry are usually gone and I'm usually reaching for people who are usually 2nd round picks...anyone running into this problem?

You don't have to punt assists if you draft someone who isn't good in that build.  That said, Kawhi is a good start from that position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

H2H 16 team 11 cat (traditional 9 cat with FTM added and rebs split into OREB/DREB) so it's a heavy rebounding league and players who hit a high volume of free throws are also more valuable.  I know from experience in this league that the other GMs are more conservative in overpaying for first round players while low end bigs go for a lot.  So I decided to draft two big men and punt assists/steals then fill in my guard slots with three point shooters and FTM anchors.  Bear in mind this is a deep league, $205 budget.   Yahoo projections has my team not doing too well, but that's based on roto.  I hit all my targets and every player I bought went for below my projected values for 16 team leagues.  I think I should be good in OREB/DREB/blocks/threes/FTM/FT%/points with a fighting chance in FG/TO while punting assists/steals (although I could easily win in steals some matchups).  That means I'm good in 7 out of 11 cats in a H2H league so I think it's solid.  My only concern is that yahoo projects it poorly :huh:

 

PG: Avery Bradley ($16)

SG: Evan Fournier ($12)

G: KCP ($6)

SF: Tobias Harris ($16)

PF: Dieng ($13)

C: Cousins ($56)

C: Anthony Davis ($67)

Util: Gallinari ($16)

Util: Courtney Lee ($1)

Util: Cody Zeller ($1)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

early pgs...Do you target them in 2nd,3rd round? For punt assists, is CJ more valuable than Lillard?

 

I'm finding no matter which position I'm in, Anthony Davis is almost the most valuable pick in punt assists due to him helping every other category. I wonder pairing him up with Whitside would be smart or overkill of the two big stats

Edited by JLoson0550

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my team.
14team | 12 Cat | H2H

Categories: FG%, FTM, FT%, 3PM, 3P%, PTS, OREBS, DREBS, Stl, Ast, Blk, TOs

 

1. (3) Anthony Davis (NO - PF,C)
2. (26) Myles Turner (Ind - PF,C)
3. (31) C.J. McCollum (Por - PG,SG)
4. (54) Dwight Howard (Cha - PF,C)
5. (59) Danilo Gallinari (LAC - SF,PF)
6. (82) Dennis Smith Jr. (Dal - PG)
7. (87) Seth Curry (Dal - PG,SG)
8. (110) Darren Collison (Ind - PG,SG)
9. (115) Thaddeus Young (Ind - SF,PF)
10. (138) Thon Maker (Mil - PF,C)
11. (143) C.J. Miles (Tor - SG,SF)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JLoson0550 said:

early pgs...Do you target them in 2nd,3rd round? For punt assists, is CJ more valuable than Lillard?

 

I'm finding no matter which position I'm in, Anthony Davis is almost the most valuable pick in punt assists due to him helping every other category. I wonder pairing him up with Whitside would be smart or overkill of the two big stats

AD I my pick go punting assists, I think he will be more valuable than Towns even.

 

i would not go with WS, I would always rather Turner round 2 and CJ round 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, krescenhaze said:

Here's my team.
14team | 12 Cat | H2H

Categories: FG%, FTM, FT%, 3PM, 3P%, PTS, OREBS, DREBS, Stl, Ast, Blk, TOs

 

1. (3) Anthony Davis (NO - PF,C)
2. (26) Myles Turner (Ind - PF,C)
3. (31) C.J. McCollum (Por - PG,SG)
4. (54) Dwight Howard (Cha - PF,C)
5. (59) Danilo Gallinari (LAC - SF,PF)
6. (82) Dennis Smith Jr. (Dal - PG)
7. (87) Seth Curry (Dal - PG,SG)
8. (110) Darren Collison (Ind - PG,SG)
9. (115) Thaddeus Young (Ind - SF,PF)
10. (138) Thon Maker (Mil - PF,C)
11. (143) C.J. Miles (Tor - SG,SF)

 

I wouldn't take DSJ, Avery Bradley instead

 

Must have Josh Richardson as he now as PG eligibility.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my Punt Assist+FT team just drafted from number 11 in a 12 team, 9-cat league.  Pretty happy, I'm ranked 1-3 on FG%, Boards, Blocks, Steals, and TOs, 4th in threes, and 5th in points.  Hoping Rudy, Drummond, and Noel out performs their low pt projections.   

 

1. DeMarcus Cousins

2. Rudy Gobert

3. Khris Middleton

4. Otto Porter Jr

5.  Victor Oladipo

6. Andrew Drummond

7. George Hill

8. Gary Harris

9. Nerlens Noel

10. Kent Bazemore

11. Ryan Anderson

12. Patty Mills

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

League format: H2H
Categories: 9cat
Number of Teams: 10
Draft Type: 1st Pick / Punt Assist
1. Anthony Davis
2. Paul George
3. Marc Gasol
4. Brook Lopez
5. Victor Oladipo
6. Robert Covington
7. Lou Williams
8. Patrick Beverley
9. Dirk Nowitzki
10. Markieff Morris
11. Robin Lopez
12. Taurean Prince
13. T.J. Warren

 

Your advice is really appreciated. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

head to head.

10 teams. 

9 cat. 

first time drafting punt ast after being a dedicated punt fter for years. stoked how it came out.

any possible weaknesses? and advice to help possible weaknesses? 

only regret is joe ingles in the 11th. who to drop for? 

1. (9) Anthony Davis  
2. (12) DeMarcus Cousins  
3. (29) Bradley Beal  
4. (32) Otto Porter  
5. (49) Serge Ibaka  
6. (52) Victor Oladipo  
7. (69) Nerlens Noel  
8. (72) Gary Harris  
9. (89) Malcolm Brogdon  
10. (92) Willie Cauley-Stein  
11. (109) Joe Ingles  
12. (112) Thaddeus Young  
13. (129) Allen Crabbe 
Edited by 21savagegarden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Avery bradley was a little bit high in our picks 52-55 I guess.

 

Some took Josh Richardson in our league. im planning to trade DSJ to Lou Williams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Born_Slippy said:

 

I wouldn't take DSJ, Avery Bradley instead

 

Must have Josh Richardson as he now as PG eligibility.

 

 

 

Avery Bradley was a little bit high in our picks 52-55 I guess.

 

Some took Josh Richardson in our league. I'm planning to trade DSJ to Lou Williams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my punt assists team in a 14 team, dynasty auction

 

KAT

Porzingis

Beal

Oladipo

Covington

Gordon

Chriss

Brogdon

Richardson
Prince

Curry

Mills

Maker

 

 

Thoughts?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back end of the draft (like 9th or 10th pick), would irving be a stupid pick? I think he's going to improve his assists but pairing him with Gobert might be the move to do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JLoson0550 said:

Back end of the draft (like 9th or 10th pick), would irving be a stupid pick? I think he's going to improve his assists but pairing him with Gobert might be the move to do

It would be a stupid pick if Lillard is there yes because Lillard is better in too many cats: points, 3s, ft% impact. they will be too close to call in assists and steals, so id say no difference there. kyrie only real advantage is fg%, which could and likely will decrease since he will be focal point and no longer have lebron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, richg24 said:

It would be a stupid pick if Lillard is there yes because Lillard is better in too many cats: points, 3s, ft% impact. they will be too close to call in assists and steals, so id say no difference there. kyrie only real advantage is fg%, which could and likely will decrease since he will be focal point and no longer have lebron

 

good point. thank you. preparing for my draft on sunday and that back end of the draft with punt assist strategy is tricky as hell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 team H2H 9 cat drafting 5th:

 

5) AD

28) Klay

37) Otto

60) Covington

69) Ariza

92) LouWill

101) Favors

124) MarvWill

133) Rolo

156) Seth Curry

 

I think it went about as well as punt assists can go in a 16 team league.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

16 team H2H 9 cat drafting 5th:

 

5) AD

28) Klay

37) Otto

60) Covington

69) Ariza

92) LouWill

101) Favors

124) MarvWill

133) Rolo

156) Seth Curry

 

I think it went about as well as punt assists can go in a 16 team league.

Nice, how do your board and points stack up? I've never played 16 teams so while it looks weak to me, it's probably not.

 

also, did you happen to go AD over KAT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kamura said:

Nice, how do your board and points stack up? I've never played 16 teams so while it looks weak to me, it's probably not.

 

also, did you happen to go AD over KAT?

Yahoo projected me 4th in points.  It's a 16 teamer.  In a deep league if you start with two 20PPG scorers such as AD/Klay then you're in a good position because your 3rd pick isn't until around 37 like mine was.  Getting Porter/RoCo/Ariza picks 3-5 in a 12 teamer would put toward punt points but in a 16 teamer they were about average in points from their position.  Rebounds is a little ahead of middle of the pack. Outside of AD I don't have big rebounders but I also don't have an abundance of weak rebounding guards.  Having mostly wings puts me about average.

 

Yeah I picked AD over KAT.  TBH idk if that is correct.  BBM has Davis as the #1 target in punt assists and he projects to have more stocks than KAT.  I'm projected to finish first in the league, but if he is injured I just lose.  I've just decided to take the plunge and take on AD's injury risk this season and have him in 5 leagues already.  I think you're given a substantial discount on his value due to perceived injury risk so if you have a high risk tolerance he is going to be one of the best values in the first round, particularly in punt assists.  I am willing to take on the risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my punt assists team in a 14 team, dynasty auction

 

KAT

Porzingis

Beal

Oladipo

Covington

Gordon

Chriss

Brogdon

Richardson
Prince

Curry

Mills

Maker

 

 

Thoughts?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Vanderlyle said:

Here is my punt assists team in a 14 team, dynasty auction

 

KAT

Porzingis

Beal

Oladipo

Covington

Gordon

Chriss

Brogdon

Richardson
Prince

Curry

Mills

Maker

 

 

Thoughts?

Looks really good KAT through Chriss.   From there I think drafting Brodgon, Curry, and Mills, was overkill for PG eligible players.  Your team ended up too small for my tastes.  Given you are punting assists you should aim to be really strong in rebounds/blocks.  Unless KAT improves his blocks drastically then Kristaps is your only elite shotblocker.   Covington, Gordon, Chriss, and Prince chip in a little.  You just drafted a little too small for my tastes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My punt-assist team in a 9-cat 12-team league (6th pick)

KAT

Turner

CJ McCollum

Otto

Avery Bradley

Covington

Gary Harris

Chriss

TJ Warren

Buddy Hield

MKG

Jabari Parker (IL)

JaMychal Green

 

Which of the following FA should I pick up to replace Jabari? Harkless, Ross, Danny Green, Mozgov, Labissiere? I'm leaning towards Ross but I kinda wanna get a centre because I only have two centres in the roster

Edited by kawaiileonard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont understand why anyone would punt assists seeing as the best players in the league are PGs and or wing players that rack up assists.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.