det_tigers

Joe Ingles 2017-18 Season Outlook

Can he produce 10+pts 5+reb 4+ast now that Hayward and Hill is out? He did have around 7-3-3 last year in 24 mins and they paid him well in the summer so I think he should play at least 30mins right?

10/5 should be attainable. I think 4 AST would be a my upside expectation for him - Rubio has the ball in his hands a bit more than Hill, and presumably the Jazz want to see Hood create a bit too. I think he'll improve across the board, more than 10 points, but real value is in steals and threes, IMO. 

I think he can easily get two threes per game.  Someone on the Jazz has to score. I believe he led the league in 3 point shooting percentage, making him the best for hitting a couple triples.  I actually think he will make more than Hood.  He will also take on secondary play making duties and Snyder is likely to stagger his minutes with Rubio's.  If you think about guys like Ariza having top 50 mostly from 6 rebounds 2.5 threes and two steals without impacting your efficiency too negatively then I think it's easy for Ingles to hit top 75 value.  Compared to Ariza his rebounds and steals might be slightly lower but he should be more efficient and add in a few assists.  12/4/4 with 2.5 threes and 1.5 steals is possible.  He's probably more efficient than Ariza too.  

• Like 2

I can see that almost any player's expectation here are generally higher than I think. Am I too pessimistic? But I can't see 12/4/4. The best case is 10/4/3. 1,5 steals is possible.

30 minutes ago, apatas said:

I can see that almost any player's expectation here are generally higher than I think. Am I too pessimistic? But I can't see 12/4/4. The best case is 10/4/3. 1,5 steals is possible.

The Jazz are bereft of scorers.  Assuming Rubio gets 12, Hood 18, Favors 18, and Gobert 15 that means if Ingles gets 12 then their starting lineup would still only get 75 PPG which is very low.  12 would be a jump for Ingles but someone has to make that leap.  I think they're a little like the Blazers from a few years back after they lost Aldridge. Everyone was expecting the Blazers to be just absolutely terrible but they failed to account for McCollom and others. Someone on the Jazz is going to step into the role.

1 minute ago, StifleTower2 said:

The Jazz are bereft of scorers.  Assuming Rubio gets 12, Hood 18, Favors 18, and Gobert 15 that means if Ingles gets 12 then their starting lineup would still only get 75 PPG which is very low.  12 would be a jump for Ingles but someone has to make that leap.  I think they're a little like the Blazers from a few years back after they lost Aldridge. Everyone was expecting the Blazers to be just absolutely terrible but they failed to account for McCollom and others. Someone on the Jazz is going to step into the role.

Donovan Mitchell! 18 for Favors is generous, I fear. 

28 minutes ago, PuzzBeterson said:

Donovan Mitchell! 18 for Favors is generous, I fear. 

They are really deep in wings and guards though...esp. with Burks back.

PG: Rubio, Exum (likely to play some 2 alongside Rubio also), Neto

SG: Hood, Mitchell, Burks

SF: Ingles, Iso Joe, Thabo, (even Jerebko - though he'll mainly be a 4)

Hard to see a breakout for Mitchell with that logjam. They will have plenty of scoring off the bench though

Edited by Jake the snake

From what I'vve heard, Exum will play SG/SF a lot this year. Mitchell could move to backup sg and pg. Truth be told, he's their most talented player on offense - moreso than Hood, who's been a bit overrated, IMO. Maybe it's the fan in me, but I feel Mitchell has a big chance to break out and carve out a big role for himself in Utah really really soon. Hood, on the other hand, will dissapoint a lot of people, I'm afraid. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PuzzBeterson said:

From what I'vve heard, Exum will play SG/SF a lot this year. Mitchell could move to backup sg and pg. Truth be told, he's their most talented player on offense - moreso than Hood, who's been a bit overrated, IMO. Maybe it's the fan in me, but I feel Mitchell has a big chance to break out and carve out a big role for himself in Utah really really soon. Hood, on the other hand, will dissapoint a lot of people, I'm afraid. 

Yeah I like his game too. reminds me a lot of Normie Powell. Similar situation too. At the time the raps were really deep in the back court, but he still had his moments. I think it'll be similar for Mitchell. He'll have a few nice periods, but I think next year or the year after are when we really see him breakout. To me he is more a deep league sleeper this year

2 hours ago, Toronto416 said:

with exum out his AST can rise! Arrow continues to point up.

Exum never had any affect on his value one way or another.

It's not too likely that you're going to look at the box-score too often and be like omg look what Ingles did. He might not stray too far past 10 points or 4 rebs, but he's still going to be a fantastic glue guy. He'll rack up steals and 3's, and also add in some dimes. He's a very good passer, so if say George Hill was the point guard I'd be in on him getting 4+ dimes per game, but Rubio will clearly run the offense so I think 3+ is a better expectation for Joe. All together he'll be high-end in two cats, and produce a little in a few others (the aforementioned points, rebs, assists).

His game statistically will be a lot like DeMarre Carroll's first two years with the Hawks (a few less rebs, more dimes), and Carroll was a per-game top 75 player back to back years. Top 75 is within Ingles range of outcomes, and top 100 is extremely likely (I view him as more of a top 90 guy). 

Ingles isn't a must have in snake, but he's someone who should easily return profit on where you draft him. Auction he's a bigger target I think. After about pick 90 he's in play for me in a snake, and I'd be willing to go up to 6% of auction budget to grab him (with the hope of getting him in the 2-4% range) 

If you have good coverage in points, Ingles is a potentially very valuable cog at the end of drafts. The combo of threes, steals, assists with stellar percentages helps fill a strong and balanced roto squad. Playing with a pass first guard like Rubio will be a godsend.

• Like 1

Disappointing preseason so far. Not getting any touches like 3 fga/game?

Hopefully he will be much better in regular season.

didn't realize that his career percentages are...

fg 43.3%

ft 73.8% (low ft attempts)

My man Joey Jingles is killing it

11/2/6 with 2 steals and 3 threes at halftime, leading the team in minutes.

I kind of just got him as an afterthought in the last round...but if we can keep anything close to this up and get like 14/4/5 with 2 threes and 1 steal....I'm liking it

I don't know if it's because Ingles is white, slow and kind of dopey looking but he's underrated.  Good bball IQ and while he's not quick he's got good all-round skills and length with helps on D and O.  

His shooting tonight is off the charts but I can see him maintaining the other stats, especially if he switches to PF while Favors sits.

2 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

I don't know if it's because Ingles is white, slow and kind of dopey looking but he's underrated.  Good bball IQ and while he's not quick he's got good all-round skills and length with helps on D and O.  

His shooting tonight is off the charts but I can see him maintaining the other stats, especially if he switches to PF while Favors sits.

White

30 years old

Looks unathletic

Australian

Plays in Utah

he might as well be in the witness protection program

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ladies and gents, please do yourself a favor and pick up Joe Ingles.  He's very much involved in the offense and plays within himself.  

My question is: wasn't Hood supposed to start over him? What happened? I own Ingles but I could've sworn Hood would be the better guy to own. 

1 minute ago, tazdingo said:

My question is: wasn't Hood supposed to start over him? What happened? I own Ingles but I could've sworn Hood would be the better guy to own. 

I don't think Joe was ever not supposed to start. When I started doing research two months ago everyone tabbed him as a starter.