det_tigers

Joe Ingles 2017-18 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

Loving what Ingles is doing so far.....my "problem" is I have him and Ariza.  I am actually looking at trying to trade Ariza as he has a little better rep to get something in return.....I think Ingles may outperform him this year too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Highlander23 said:

Loving what Ingles is doing so far.....my "problem" is I have him and Ariza.  I am actually looking at trying to trade Ariza as he has a little better rep to get something in return.....I think Ingles may outperform him this year too.


Ingles certainly has chance to outperform Ariza due to higher fg% and potential for 3.5 assists.

Dude is savvy and moves without the ball exceptionally well. Unathletic YMCA type of player lol

 

He has to be owned in more leagues. Ingles should not be available in 10 team leagues. 

Btw wait for Ariza to put up a week worth of decent stats if you really want to trade him. He's an underrated fantasy player, always is. I actually love owning both in my squad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love this man because of his rare combination of helping you in the 3s cat while also helping, or at the very least not hurting, in FG%. Combine that with well above average steals and low TOs and he is a great asset in category leagues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Owners might have to sit him down just for this game since he's got some flu and currently fighting the team which limits its opponents to the fewest PPG so far. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry guys, I just picked up Ingles.  My bad.

 

I'd say be grateful he's playing at least, but the FG% and TOs say otherwise.  

Hope he feels better tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MWon said:

Sorry guys, I just picked up Ingles.  My bad.

 

I'd say be grateful he's playing at least, but the FG% and TOs say otherwise.  

Hope he feels better tomorrow.

We can now blame someone who jinxed Ingles. Good job @MWon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor guy was probably spending all his time on the court concentrating hard to not s--- his pants in from of 18,000 people...

 

I give him a pass this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ryan Knaus wrote in his column today,

 

Joe Ingles (61.5% prior to Tuesday) was also due for an off night and he went 1-of-5 from three field with all his attempts coming from deep. Utah's TV announcers said coach Quin Snyder wants Ingles to take "at least nine [3-pointers] per game" and that might not be a total exaggeration -- Utah doesn't have a lot of deep threats, and Ingles had the third-best mark from deep last year at 44.1%. Only seven of Ingles' 31 shot attempts this year have come inside the arc.

 

at least nine 3pt attempts per game. LETS GO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, thrilla1nManila said:

We can now blame someone who jinxed Ingles. Good job @MWon

 

Haha, well at least he's probable to play today...and Hood's back too!  Yay.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you guys playing him today?

 

He's less than 24 hours removed from a bad case of stomach flu and had to be yanked yesterday...I can see him taking it easy or not playing today...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, alexstr said:

Are you guys playing him today?

 

He's less than 24 hours removed from a bad case of stomach flu and had to be yanked yesterday...I can see him taking it easy or not playing today...

 

Didn't play him last night nor will tonight. Could have a better game tonight especially against the suns but he can stay on my bench. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna run Josh Richardson in his spot tonight and then let Joe take back over next game. Also interested to see if Hood being back affects his minutes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, K50K said:

 Also interested to see if Hood being back affects his minutes.

 

Ingles played 32 and 34 minutes in games where Hood was also playing.

 

They play different positions anyways.  There is no effect.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, alexstr said:

 

Ingles played 32 and 34 minutes in games where Hood was also playing.

 

They play different positions anyways.  There is no effect.

 

Hood was no where near where he would be minutes wise if he was up to speed. He did not break 25 minutes in either of the games he has played this year. This will change very drastically. 

 

They're going to give Hood 35+ MPG. They like Mitchell. AB is still there. Sefo too. The pathway to 30+ is not as clear as you're envisioning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Soafanforlife said:

They're going to give Hood 35+ MPG. They like Mitchell. AB is still there. Sefo too. The pathway to 30+ is not as clear as you're envisioning. 

 

Hood 35+ MPG?  Can I please, plllllease get some of whatever you're on right now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, alexstr said:

 

Hood 35+ MPG?  Can I please, plllllease get some of whatever you're on right now?

 

He played 33 MPG the season before last with Hayward on the team. Was averaging 35 MPG last season before his bout with injuries slowed him down. 

 

Hayward is now gone and literally everyone from the coach (who controls the minutes), to the GM (who controls who is on the team and doles out contract extensions) to Hood himself (who stated he wants to win Most Improved Player but realistically won't win it) wants him to contribute heavily. 

 

But yeah, that stupid thing called 'analysis'. Who needs any of it when we have narratives? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, alexstr said:

 

Hood 35+ MPG?  Can I please, plllllease get some of whatever you're on right now?

 

He played 33 MPG the season before last with Hayward on the team. Was averaging 35 MPG last season before his bout with injuries slowed him down. 

 

Hayward is now gone and literally everyone from the coach (who controls the minutes), to the GM (who controls who is on the team and doles out contract extensions) to Hood himself (who stated he wants to win Most Improved Player but realistically won't win it) wants him to contribute heavily. 

 

But yeah, that stupid thing called 'analysis'. Who needs any of it when we have narratives? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Asho said:

Meh.... 2 duds. THinking a swap for Baze is on the cards

 

If you can't handle 2 duds from Ingles (while he's playing in a diaper), you're gonna have a reallllll good time with Baze :D

Edited by alexstr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, alexstr said:

 

If you can't handle 2 duds from Ingles (while he's playing in a diaper), you're gonna have a reallllll good time with Baze :D

Avery Bradley is available too. Owner dumped him in haste

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.