det_tigers

Joe Ingles 2017-18 Season Outlook

Loving what Ingles is doing so far.....my "problem" is I have him and Ariza.  I am actually looking at trying to trade Ariza as he has a little better rep to get something in return.....I think Ingles may outperform him this year too.

4 minutes ago, Highlander23 said:

Loving what Ingles is doing so far.....my "problem" is I have him and Ariza.  I am actually looking at trying to trade Ariza as he has a little better rep to get something in return.....I think Ingles may outperform him this year too.

Ingles certainly has chance to outperform Ariza due to higher fg% and potential for 3.5 assists.

Dude is savvy and moves without the ball exceptionally well. Unathletic YMCA type of player lol

He has to be owned in more leagues. Ingles should not be available in 10 team leagues. 

Btw wait for Ariza to put up a week worth of decent stats if you really want to trade him. He's an underrated fantasy player, always is. I actually love owning both in my squad. 

Love this man because of his rare combination of helping you in the 3s cat while also helping, or at the very least not hurting, in FG%. Combine that with well above average steals and low TOs and he is a great asset in category leagues. 

Owners might have to sit him down just for this game since he's got some flu and currently fighting the team which limits its opponents to the fewest PPG so far. 

Sorry guys, I just picked up Ingles.  My bad.

I'd say be grateful he's playing at least, but the FG% and TOs say otherwise.  

Hope he feels better tomorrow.

7 hours ago, MWon said:

Sorry guys, I just picked up Ingles.  My bad.

I'd say be grateful he's playing at least, but the FG% and TOs say otherwise.  

Hope he feels better tomorrow.

We can now blame someone who jinxed Ingles. Good job @MWon

Poor guy was probably spending all his time on the court concentrating hard to not s--- his pants in from of 18,000 people...

I give him a pass this game.

Ryan Knaus wrote in his column today,

Joe Ingles (61.5% prior to Tuesday) was also due for an off night and he went 1-of-5 from three field with all his attempts coming from deep. Utah's TV announcers said coach Quin Snyder wants Ingles to take "at least nine [3-pointers] per game" and that might not be a total exaggeration -- Utah doesn't have a lot of deep threats, and Ingles had the third-best mark from deep last year at 44.1%. Only seven of Ingles' 31 shot attempts this year have come inside the arc.

at least nine 3pt attempts per game. LETS GO

8 hours ago, thrilla1nManila said:

We can now blame someone who jinxed Ingles. Good job @MWon

Haha, well at least he's probable to play today...and Hood's back too!  Yay.

• Haha 1

Are you guys playing him today?

He's less than 24 hours removed from a bad case of stomach flu and had to be yanked yesterday...I can see him taking it easy or not playing today...

9 minutes ago, alexstr said:

Are you guys playing him today?

He's less than 24 hours removed from a bad case of stomach flu and had to be yanked yesterday...I can see him taking it easy or not playing today...

Didn't play him last night nor will tonight. Could have a better game tonight especially against the suns but he can stay on my bench. 

I'm gonna run Josh Richardson in his spot tonight and then let Joe take back over next game. Also interested to see if Hood being back affects his minutes.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, K50K said:

Also interested to see if Hood being back affects his minutes.

Ingles played 32 and 34 minutes in games where Hood was also playing.

They play different positions anyways.  There is no effect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, alexstr said:

Ingles played 32 and 34 minutes in games where Hood was also playing.

They play different positions anyways.  There is no effect.

Hood was no where near where he would be minutes wise if he was up to speed. He did not break 25 minutes in either of the games he has played this year. This will change very drastically. 

They're going to give Hood 35+ MPG. They like Mitchell. AB is still there. Sefo too. The pathway to 30+ is not as clear as you're envisioning. 

15 minutes ago, Soafanforlife said:

They're going to give Hood 35+ MPG. They like Mitchell. AB is still there. Sefo too. The pathway to 30+ is not as clear as you're envisioning. 

Hood 35+ MPG?  Can I please, plllllease get some of whatever you're on right now?

1 minute ago, alexstr said:

Hood 35+ MPG?  Can I please, plllllease get some of whatever you're on right now?

He played 33 MPG the season before last with Hayward on the team. Was averaging 35 MPG last season before his bout with injuries slowed him down. 

Hayward is now gone and literally everyone from the coach (who controls the minutes), to the GM (who controls who is on the team and doles out contract extensions) to Hood himself (who stated he wants to win Most Improved Player but realistically won't win it) wants him to contribute heavily. 

But yeah, that stupid thing called 'analysis'. Who needs any of it when we have narratives? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alexstr said:

He played 33 MPG the season before last with Hayward on the team. Was averaging 35 MPG last season before his bout with injuries slowed him down. 

Hayward is now gone and literally everyone from the coach (who controls the minutes), to the GM (who controls who is on the team and doles out contract extensions) to Hood himself (who stated he wants to win Most Improved Player but realistically won't win it) wants him to contribute heavily. 

But yeah, that stupid thing called 'analysis'. Who needs any of it when we have narratives? 

7 minutes ago, Asho said:

Meh.... 2 duds. THinking a swap for Baze is on the cards

If you can't handle 2 duds from Ingles (while he's playing in a diaper), you're gonna have a reallllll good time with Baze :D

Edited by alexstr

Just now, alexstr said:

If you can't handle 2 duds from Ingles (while he's playing in a diaper), you're gonna have a reallllll good time with Baze :D

Avery Bradley is available too. Owner dumped him in haste