det_tigers

Joe Ingles 2017-18 Season Outlook

29 minutes ago, The Unknown said:

Lets get that 10th assist 

Was left in the game for a few possessions when the starters went out to probably get that 10th assist but failed to. 

Is Ingles' value anchored in his ability to get dimes compared to other 3&D players? Asking this because I dunno his strengths aside from obviously  hitting treys of course... 

1 hour ago, Kaishi said:

Is Ingles' value anchored in his ability to get dimes compared to other 3&D players? Asking this because I dunno his strengths aside from obviously  hitting treys of course... 

I have him on my team and noticed his production and value dropping lately. He is great for roto but his lack of category stats other than 3s and assists (Stls number has dropped dramatically) are hurting us lately. I think the return of Gobert may help, but guys like Burks and bunch of bench players are getting some run as well. Holding for now, but I don't agree with rotoworld's,

"Ingles continues to just cruise along as a multi-category, mid-round stud in standard leagues."

(Rotoworld.com)

Ingles needs to get his steals numbers up or he will hover around top 80-100 instead of top 40-50. Guys like Valentine and Lamb have been better owns lately, and they contribute in assists cat as well. 

Edited by bhkim814

56 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

Ingles needs to get his steals numbers up or he will hover around top 80-100 instead of top 40-50. Guys like Valentine and Lamb have been better owns lately, and they contribute in assists cat as well. 

1 hour ago, Kaishi said:

Value lies in his underrated STL / %'s / 3PMs / AST numbers without really hurting you anywhere since he doesn't take huge volume of shots or handle the rock all the time (he does do it alot for them though and does it pretty well without TOs) definitely has been a downward trend the past few weeks with a rise in AST numbers lately. He's a good passer but I'd rather much have him go back to his thievery ways in the lanes and deflecting passes

Edited by Tr3yball

Easy hold for most that took him post 100 or off the wire.

I think the lack of steals is directly linked to the Gobert injury.  With Gobert lurking in the paint he was freed up to gamble on more steals.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

I think the lack of steals is directly linked to the Gobert injury.  With Gobert lurking in the paint he was freed up to gamble on more steals.

Yeah thats one of the reasons I wish Gobert is back asap. Burks and hood have been productive lately, there are going to be nights when Joe's production might not be needed as much. 

I feel Mitchell's game helps Ingles btw. Unlike Burks and Hood who are trying to create their own shots this season, Mitchell is feeding off Joe's passes. 

Edited by bhkim814

4 minutes ago, Rotokilla said:

I love the way this guy has been playing as of late. No love at all but he's solid. 

I dropped Ingles for John Collins a few weeks back because I needed another big for the long term (unfortunately Favors has a shelf life so I planned ahead). 

But I still remain a fan. Great 3 and D guy with assists that doesn't hurt you anywhere. Poor man's Draymond Green just without the blocks.

Traded Prince for him a couple of weeks ago and like where he is trending. Love those 3's and assists and hope those steals will come around again.

On 11/21/2017 at 4:32 AM, RCRanger03 said:

I agree that the lack of steals seem to be tied to Gobert being out, probably less comfortable gambling with Favors behind him.

can’t sell at this point (low name value and bad 5 game stretch) so either ride him out the next month or drop him for someone would can provide in the short term. He’ll get picked up in my league if I drop him 

Quoting myself as a reminder that his steals drop was directly correlated with Gobert being out, and I don't think it was a coincidence. I fully expect to have our thief back in action either this game or the next that Gobert is fully unrestricted. 

• Like 1

I was offered Joe Ingles for Nurkic, and I accepted. I can rest easy now. Ingles doesn't hurt you anywhere. Nurkic was a headache to own! Ingles is #46 in Yahoo. I was critical of him early in the season, but he's been playing solid lately. 

Edited by trusthaprocess
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, trusthaprocess said:

I was offered Joe Ingles for Nurkic, and I accepted. I can rest easy now. Ingles doesn't hurt you anywhere. Nurkic was a headache to own! Ingles is #46 in Yahoo. I was critical of him early in the season, but he's been playing solid lately. 

The way Rotoworld writes about Ingles.. we can clearly tell that they are not his biggest fan lol

For the last two weeks, Ingles is averaging:

3.3 threes, 12 points, 5 assists, 1 steal, 47% fg, and only 1.7 TOs 

Yet they report his last 5 game stat instead of 4 game or 7 game, specifically including his 5 point game in which he still had 6 assists. 

Get guys that don't hurt your squad. It's a bigger headache owning Lauri, Batum, and Dunn. Ingles shouldn't have been dropped since 2nd week of the season. Undervalued.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

The way Rotoworld writes about Ingles.. we can clearly tell that they are not his biggest fan lol

For the last two weeks, Ingles is averaging:

3.3 threes, 12 points, 5 assists, 1 steal, 47% fg, and only 1.7 TOs 

Yet they report his last 5 game stat instead of 4 game or 7 game, specifically including his 5 point game in which he still had 6 assists. 

Get guys that don't hurt your squad. It's a bigger headache owning Lauri, Batum, and Dunn. Ingles shouldn't have been dropped since 2nd week of the season. Undervalued.

Agreed. I bashed him when a guy traded Tyreke for him a month back, but then I ended up trading for him too. He's at #46 and nobody says a word about him! 

I love how Rotoworld is like:

"worth a pickup if he was dropped in your league and you've got someone on your roster you wouldn't mind cutting".

Dude is a top 50 player, he deserves a roster spot w/o question! They sleep on this guy, and I used to be a hater, but he's made a believer outta me! Bye bye Nurk!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

Agreed. I bashed him when a guy traded Tyreke for him a month back, but then I ended up trading for him too. He's at #46 and nobody says a word about him! 

I love how Rotoworld is like:

"worth a pickup if he was dropped in your league and you've got someone on your roster you wouldn't mind cutting".

Dude is a top 50 player, he deserves a roster spot w/o question! They sleep on this guy, and I used to be a hater, but he's made a believer outta me! Bye bye Nurk!

Yeh in the end, fantasy is just a game of simple addition (division for percentages). Nothing more nothing less. Yahoo and BBM literally provides the calculations for us, along with the rankings for the week, 2 weeks, month, and so on. AVG rankings are so important yet many ignore it. They also ignore percentages and TOs and wonder why they lose 3:6 or 4:5 every week.

Rotoworld sometimes contradicts with their own numbers because they got bunch of writers who disagree amongst themselves. It's our job to notice the outliers. For example, Burks shooting 57% and Josh Rich shooting 54% for the past week considering their career fg%s. But Bojan shooting in the upper 40s around 50% isn't a crazy jump. Yet Rotoworld dont give a damn. Kyle Anderson is another guy that didnt deserve enough love before the injury.

Anyways Joe is great for H2H and even better for Roto.

• Like 1

I would have traded Nurkic for Jingles without much hesitation. Nurk does more harm than good with his %'s and TO's. He is the Dion Waiters of centers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bhkim814 said:

Yeh in the end, fantasy is just a game of simple addition (division for percentages). Nothing more nothing less. Yahoo and BBM literally provides the calculations for us, along with the rankings for the week, 2 weeks, month, and so on. AVG rankings are so important yet many ignore it. They also ignore percentages and TOs and wonder why they lose 3:6 or 4:5 every week.

Rotoworld sometimes contradicts with their own numbers because they got bunch of writers who disagree amongst themselves. It's our job to notice the outliers. For example, Burks shooting 57% and Josh Rich shooting 54% for the past week considering their career fg%s. But Bojan shooting in the upper 40s around 50% isn't a crazy jump. Yet Rotoworld dont give a damn. Kyle Anderson is another guy that didnt deserve enough love before the injury.

Anyways Joe is great for H2H and even better for Roto.

I actually punted TO's in part because of Nurkic. I'm like 30 away from the next lowest (Roto league). Maybe with Ingles, now I can decrease my TO's. He gets less than 2 a game. 

People tend to look too much into the big names, and not enough at rankings, you're right. Jaylen Brown gets a ton of love, but he's barely in the top 150. Ingles is unknown, yet he's in the top 50. I go by rankings and analytics. Ingles won't put up the big stats like Nurkic does, but he's a much more consistent player, a stable player who you know you'll get top 50 value from. You need players like that on your team, who are solid and contribute to multiple cats w/o hurting you anywhere. 

On 9/30/2017 at 9:41 AM, det_tigers said:

Can he produce 10+pts 5+reb 4+ast now that Hayward and Hill is out? He did have around 7-3-3 last year in 24 mins and they paid him well in the summer so I think he should play at least 30mins right?

Nice one, you're pretty much spot on. He's been a top 60 player as well! 

I hope Ingles can start racking up more steals again. His value started falling from top 45 to top 55 to around top 75 to top 100 lately.

Whether it's a coincidence or a pattern, his steals have been tied to Gobert's presence in the lineup.

First 12 games of the year (w/ Gobert):  1.92 stl/gm

Next 11 games (w/o Gobert):  0.36 stl/gm

5 games Gobert was back recently:  1.0 stl/gm

Gobert is due to miss about a month so we will see if this trend continues.

• Like 1

I understand that last game was a blowout loss but damn he is becoming more of a 12 team league guy than a 10 team. 

104th for the past month.

156th for the past 2 weeks.

137th for the past week.