Sign in to follow this  
herse12345

Who to start?WHIR

Not sure who to start. Players below. All are PPR. Thanks!

Kelvin Benjamin vs NE or Riddick vs Vikings

Amari Cooper vs Denever or Marqese Lee vs Jets

Clay vs Falcons or Rudolph vs Lions

Ouch those are tough calls. Here we go...

I like Riddick over Benjamin a little bit. Not a Riddick guy, but Panthers not named Christian McCaffrey scare the crap out of me and will continue to do so until that offense shows any signs of life.

Cooper over Lee. Barely. I know, nightmare matchup and shaky offensive performance lately. I think Cooper surprises and outscores Lee. No rhyme or reason to this pick other than "a feeling".

Clay over Rudolph. Easy for me. Divisional matchups are always tough on fantasy output (not counting Rams/9ers because that hurts my argument, lol). Clay is going to lead that receiving corps in targets most weeks so he's my de facto favorite based on volume.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/672152

Edited by STLsportsFTW

3 hours ago, STLsportsFTW said:

Not a Riddick guy

In PPR, what could be the reason for this? He's averaged about 5 catches a game since the start of the 2015 season. 

23 minutes ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

In PPR, what could be the reason for this? He's averaged about 5 catches a game since the start of the 2015 season. 

I understand that, but I'm not high on him this year because of Abdullah being in the mix. Last season Riddick received nearly 10 carries in his games played. This season, until Abdullah gets hurt, Riddick will be receiving half the touches he received last year on top of potential targets he'll cede to Abdullah. Five 4-6 yard receptions will only get you so far. With that said, I still like him more than Kelvin Benjamin and that dumpster fire of an offense in Carolina.

2 hours ago, STLsportsFTW said:

I understand that, but I'm not high on him this year because of Abdullah being in the mix. Last season Riddick received nearly 10 carries in his games played. This season, until Abdullah gets hurt, Riddick will be receiving half the touches he received last year on top of potential targets he'll cede to Abdullah. Five 4-6 yard receptions will only get you so far. With that said, I still like him more than Kelvin Benjamin and that dumpster fire of an offense in Carolina.

Over the summer I posted his numbers with and without Ameer in the lineup and on a per game basis, they were virtually identical. His career YPC is over 8, not 4-6 (which, even it you were right, that'd still be a better floor than almost any other RB), and let's not pretend that the man never scores TDs or procures rushing yards. 

AC forum users insist on burying their head in the sand when it comes to Riddick for some reason, but his floor is as sturdy and stable as it gets for a player who perennially goes at his ADP and is inexplicably found on the wire in any number if leagues throughout a season.  Owners can keep "not being Riddick guys", and the rest of us will keep winning.