paokmaniak

Dewayne Dedmon Season Outlook 2017-2018

2 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

Not that he will be really great or whatever, but he should be much better next to Schroder.

I don't really know much about him, but won't they just give more and more time to Collins as the year goes?

1 hour ago, lethotjames said:

big one tonight

I didn’t watch the game but looks like he will be much better with Schroder eh?

Read Dr. A’s recap of last night’s slate, and he doesn’t seem all that impressed by Dedmon’s performance. 

You guys thinking last nights stat line for Dedmon is his floor with Shroder on the court? Or is that gonna be one of Dedmons biggest lines of the year?

2 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

Read Dr. A’s recap of last night’s slate, and he doesn’t seem all that impressed by Dedmon’s performance. 

You guys thinking last nights stat line for Dedmon is his floor with Shroder on the court? Or is that gonna be one of Dedmons biggest lines of the year?

Two things:

1. Never take fantasy sports "expert" advice as the bottom line. I've been playing fantasy sports for 7 years and still occasionally fall for this trap. For example, I played a DFS cash game last night and changed my lineup a bit after listening to a podcast. Had I went with my original picks from my own research I would have cashed out. These guys are generally wrong just as much as they are right. Use their opinions as reference only.

2. It depends on what you are looking for from Dedmon. I drafted him for FG%, boards, and blocks. He's admittedly been a little underwhelming in the FG% and blocks department but I expect that to change. His FT% and the threes have been a nice, unexpected surprise but would simply be icing on the cake if he continued his production there (I doubt he keeps up the FT%.) As far as points go, this will likely be his ceiling there unless he has a game where goes for 7/8 or something like that. You (hopefully) didn't draft him for the points though so these types of games will be rare.

He's currently ranked 104 in 9-cat and if he maintains top 100 value on the season I will be satisfied. He's currently being pushed by John Collins but I honestly believe that Muscala or Ilyasova are the ones that are going to need to come off the bench, with Collins and Dedmon starting. They both can space the floor a bit, and John is quick enough to stick stretch fours IMO. It remains to be seen if coach Bud ever tries this out though, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it.

Edited by lbjames6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lbjames6 said:

He's currently ranked 104 in 9-cat and if he maintains top 100 value on the season I will be satisfied. He's currently being pushed by John Collins but I honestly believe that Muscala or Ilyasova are the ones that are going to need to come off the bench, with Collins and Dedmon starting. They both can space the floor a bit, and John is quick enough to stick stretch fours IMO. It remains to be seen if coach Bud ever tries this out though, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it.

As a Dedmon and Collins owner, having them start together would be so saucy 

Anyone know what’s up with his blocks? Given his per-36s w/ San Antonio, I expected easily 1+ blocks (which is why I drafted him late.) He has 3 blocks total in the last 6 games.

Is it because of different schematics playing for the Hawks now? Anyone watching Hawks games? I’ve only seen a couple.

2 hours ago, hoop said:

Anyone know what’s up with his blocks? Given his per-36s w/ San Antonio, I expected easily 1+ blocks (which is why I drafted him late.) He has 3 blocks total in the last 6 games.

I picked him back up in my league due to 1) there's not many quality big men in my WW and 2) he will hopefully give me 1+ blocks a game. I'm just hoping that he gets it together some time soon and I'll be happy.

8 minutes ago, jpdeguzm20 said:

I picked him back up in my league due to 1) there's not many quality big men in my WW and 2) he will hopefully give me 1+ blocks a game. I'm just hoping that he gets it together some time soon and I'll be happy.

How does this contribute to the conversation in any way?

• Thanks 1

any reason to believe his minutes will increase at all going forward? if he plays around 30 min per game he can actually be really useful in points leagues. 

Edited by Dirty Little Birdie

4 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

any reason to believe his minutes will increase at all going forward? if he plays around 30 min per game he can actually be really useful in points leagues. 

Hawks are rumored to be interested in Okafor. If they get him and continue to only play Collins at C, Dedmon could see his PT reduced quite a bit.

Scooped him up after tonights performance but I'm still confused as to why he only averages 23 minutes per game though. Anyone know why as the starting Center he isn't playing closer to 30 mpg?

3 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Scooped him up after tonights performance but I'm still confused as to why he only averages 23 minutes per game though. Anyone know why as the starting Center he isn't playing closer to 30 mpg?

Cause John Collins is looking pretty solid for ATL as well.

I was going to drop him and Bellinelli but both were studs tonight. They earned themselves another game. 

Dedmon Walking..!

Jokes aside, I have to say I'm feeling pretty good after touting him in the waiver wire thread last night alongside Babbit.. he is under-owned respective to the stats he's putting up. People are acting like C production grows on trees, outside of your top 2 round picks and Jusuf Nurkic / Adams / Capela / Gortat in the later rounds, third string Centers are by far the worst. One game they'll put up a big line, and then get DNP-CD or play 6 minutes the next (looking at you Skal). 

This guy is perfect, he's starting to be more involved the last 2, and if you watch his highlights on Downtobuck from the other night when he dropped 15/7 he's actually really smooth around the basket and has a nice floater/jumpshot as well. He's not as bad offensively as people think he is. 

He's also a sneaky source of 3's considering no one expects him to even do that. Great %'s, cheap source of points/boards/blocks, no turnovers, and low-end 3's? I'm all in. He's also doing this in just 22 minutes a night.

I'm surprised to see so many people dropped. If he's your 2nd Center or you're in a 10 man league I can understand, there is pretty much no excuse to have him on the wire in a 12 teamer considering position scarcity.

Edited by Lifschitz

2 hours ago, jmoney23 said:

Hawks are rumored to be interested in Okafor. If they get him and continue to only play Collins at C, Dedmon could see his PT reduced quite a bit.

They don't really have much to package for him unless they're willing to give up picks, and Okafor is pretty trash.

The Al Jeffersons of the league are all but gone. Even Kanter is more mobile than this guy. He plods up and down the court due to his sheer size, and he's extremely slow footed defensively. I think if he's out in the pick and roll it's even scarier than Kanter who's a league worst. Kanter is just lucky he has Porzingis next to him blocking shots or it would be a glaring weakness for the Knicks. 

There is value in a post up / rebounding big man, but it's off the bench, not as a starter. I feel the same way with JV for us in Toronto. He just gets burned so badly when we actually play quick guards, he looks great when the tempo is slow and the opposing guard isn't fast. 

On 10/1/2017 at 5:30 PM, Pharaoh said:

10-10 might be optimistic but if he can get 8-8-1 with a block per game that's still glorious for a dude you can pick up in the last 3 rounds.

Nice call