michael_scott

Kelly Oubre Jr. 2017-2018 outlook

Anyone drop or dropping this guy get? He has still been serviceable. 

Edited by PhillyBoy

6 hours ago, PhillyBoy said:

He's still posting 6th round value per BBM. As long as his minutes are between the mid to high 20's, he's a solid hold.

40 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

He's still posting 6th round value per BBM. As long as his minutes are between the mid to high 20's, he's a solid hold.

7 hours ago, PhillyBoy said:

I like his game alot this season, but the last 3 games puts him at 89th per BBM, and 4 games puts him at 122nd.
Really wish he gets more opportunities. But yeah he has still been serviceable. 

11 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

The 6th round value is tainted by the first few weeks of the season when Morris was injured.  Oubre has been absolutely terrible since Morris returned.  The over 50% 3 point shooting percentage he had the first few weeks of the season was never sustainable (especially given his career 3 point percentage) anyway and now he's getting 14 less minutes a game since Morris returned.

I certainly wouldn't view him as a top 100 player rest of the season unless Morris or Porter get injured.

2 hours ago, FootballFan101 said:

The 6th round value is tainted by the first few weeks of the season when Morris was injured.  Oubre has been absolutely terrible since Morris returned.  The over 50% 3 point shooting percentage he had the first few weeks of the season was never sustainable (especially given his career 3 point percentage) anyway and now he's getting 14 less minutes a game since Morris returned.

I certainly wouldn't view him as a top 100 player rest of the season unless Morris or Porter get injured.

Yeah. I swamped him with Jerami Grant. All I was looking for in Oubre was the defensive numbers honestly and they've evaporated.

Starting to find his feet in the bench role. Looking very good this game (and arguably the last 3 games), if he gets his 3's to start dropping again will be very valuable for pts, rebs, 3s and the odd stocks even in limited minutes.

Just put a dirty crossover on Hield before finishing with a highlight dunk.

I just need a block and it will be an excellent line for the evening.

33 minutes ago, JaydensGuys said:

Anything more than a phase here?

Morris has not been playing well and wall is out. I think he will produce for a while. 

32 minutes ago, JaydensGuys said:

Anything more than a phase here?

When given minutes this season, he's produced.  He was a Top 50 player on Yahoo for multiple weeks before Morris came back and took minutes away.  I'm not saying he'd reach quite that level for the whole season, but if he can continue to steal minutes away from Morris, he can be productive at the very least.

I just picked the kid up.  I figure he'll return quality value while Wall is out because there's plenty of extra shots to be had.  And hopefully then management will prioritize him over Kief

beast line tn in 26 min. pretty good player. he is ranked 80th and he is useful on most nights. maybe some 2nd half further breakout potential too. 

playing well and very underrated in fantasy (41% owned on yahoo)

hes a poor mans tatum as he matches tatum in every category but fg% and 2 less pts and hes been hot the last few weeks

kelly has improved  in every single category from last year including his attempts and fg%, ft%, 3pt%

any reason not to believe he will continue to produce?

Last 5 games his minutes have been 31, 25, 29, 29, and now 35.

Seems like he got about 6 or 7 of Otto’s minutes whose 30 was down from the 37 and 39 he’s had the last few games.

Right now he’s playing MUCH better offensively than Porter who has been trash recently.  He’s knocking down 3s and even attacking the basket to get to the line.

I’ve held him all year and am seriously about to start playing him over Porter.  He’s been pretty consistent value over the past few weeks while Porter has struggled mightily.

36 minutes ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Why did he get 35 min today? I didn't watch the game

Morris foul trouble and both starting forwards not being very effective

Michael Gallagher @MikeSGallagher 6h6 hours ago:

Kelly Oubre also has some really nice per 36 with Beal and without Wall (264 minute sample): 17.3 points, 5.3 boards, 1.4 dimes, 1.9 steals, 0.5 blocks and 2.6 treys (65 TS%(!), 18 USG%).

264 minutes is a pretty big sample. OPJ trends down and Oubre trends up exponentially with Wall gone. Get ready for the ride :D

I don't think it's a bad idea to try and sell him on what people think he can be without Wall.

Over the next 2 months we're really going to find out how good Kelly Oubre is. His stats will definitely increase, but there's potential for rough patches as is for all players getting increased usage. If you can sell him on the idea that he will put up top 40 numbers I would do it. I know most owners aren't dumb enough to fall for that but every league has some owners that can get over zealous.

It'll be a fun ride with him nmw because you probably got him for nothing but I see this injury as an opportunity to sell high on players not named Bradley Beal.