SicarioSanity

Stanley Johnson 2017-2018 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, chud12 said:

meh GIF

he was awful last season but he’s still 21, a lot can change if they dont move him and let him play out til the end of the season...not everyone is a baller from the get go and im not sayin that hes going to be one but he can easily be a 15/5/1/1 player in this league

Edited by L3onD

1 hour ago, L3onD said:

he was awful last season but he’s still 21, a lot can change if they dont move him and let him play out til the end of the season...not everyone is a baller from the get go and im not sayin that hes going to be one but he can easily be a 15/5/1/1 player in this league

Lets see him average 10/3/1 first for a stretch. I don’t think you realize just how bad Stan has been in his 2 plus years of his career so far. 

As a Pistons fan, I bet this is a fluke.  He has never put a game like this together.  We'll see.  I still see Bullock being the guy.

27 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Lets see him average 10/3/1 first for a stretch. I don’t think you realize just how bad Stan has been in his 2 plus years of his career so far. 

first year was ok for a rookie, second was straight up awful as ive already said...confidence is key for these young boys

26 minutes ago, StuPitt said:

As a Pistons fan, I bet this is a fluke.  He has never put a game like this together.  We'll see.  I still see Bullock being the guy.

SVG made the trade to give SJ minutes. You can't ignore what SVG said and the stats from last night.

Edited by FantasyEmpire

7 minutes ago, FantasyEmpire said:

SVG made the trade to give SJ minutes. You can't ignore what SVG said and the stats from last night.

what did SVG say i didnt see

Word in NBA circles is the Pistons have ramped up efforts to move out Stanley Johnson, with an eye for Utah’s Rodney Hood. It remains unclear if the Jazz engages in a deal built around Johnson, but the Pistons are being aggressive.      As things sit post-trade, the Pistons have $111.9 million guaranteed to just nine players, so adding a potential free agent like Hood looks to be exactly what Gores was suggesting. The Pistons are going all in on this roster.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-daily-first-nba-trade-domino-drops/

Just now, -M- said:

Word in NBA circles is the Pistons have ramped up efforts to move out Stanley Johnson, with an eye for Utah’s Rodney Hood. It remains unclear if the Jazz engages in a deal built around Johnson, but the Pistons are being aggressive.      As things sit post-trade, the Pistons have $111.9 million guaranteed to just nine players, so adding a potential free agent like Hood looks to be exactly what Gores was suggesting. The Pistons are going all in on this roster.

That's it...they are all liars. 

Coach: Made the move to get SJ more minutes. 

Evil Coach: So we can boost his trade value and dump up for a glass figurine that looks like an NBA player.  Muahahaha.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Elcamino said:

That's it...they are all liars. 

Coach: Made the move to get SJ more minutes. 

Evil Coach: So we can boost his trade value and dump up for a glass figurine that looks like an NBA player.  Muahahaha.

def hahahaha

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, -M- said:

In Utah the SF named Joe Ingles.

33 minutes ago, brosephd said:

him and winslow the same

nah, winslow cant shoot if his life depended on it, his game is exact same as brown’s...brown’s a lil better shooter tho

Edited by L3onD

1 hour ago, FantasyEmpire said:

In Utah the SF named Joe Ingles.

The fact that you think Stanley Johnson is better than Joe Ingles is bemusing

7 minutes ago, sgergole said:

Say all you want, but yesterday he was dominant. 

He was dominant. It was also against the cavs and Bullock was in foul trouble. They also didnt have Harris or Bradley so more opportunity there for him. This seems like a fluke.

4 out of the last 5 games he's gotten 26+ minutes and has put up useful stat lines in all of them (minus the 11 minute OKC game).  Don't think its a fluke but definitely worth a flier with your last roster spot. 

In those 4 games he's averaging approx 15 ppg, 6 reb, 3.5 assists, 1/1/1.  I think that's sustainable ROS with around 30 mpg, maybe a tad less points.  

Edited by hipriest69

13 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

4 out of the last 5 games he's gotten 26+ minutes and has put up useful stat lines in all of them (minus the 11 minute OKC game).  Don't think its a fluke but definitely worth a flier with your last roster spot. 

In those 4 games he's averaging approx 15 ppg, 6 reb, 3.5 assists, 1/1/1.  I think that's sustainable ROS with around 30 mpg, maybe a tad less points.  

Don't forget to factor in the one game Bullock was out and the other 2 where A.Bradley was out and then of course the OKC game.  

14 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Don't forget to factor in the one game Bullock was out and the other 2 where A.Bradley was out and then of course the OKC game.  

You guys are acting like Bullock is a beast of some sort... he's a shooter that can't really create for himself. Johnson is much younger and finally has no leash. The top 2 scorers on the Pistons team just departed so that opens up a lot more room for him to operate. Simple as that. I think he's the one that wins the most out of this deal IF he stays with Detroit not Bullock or Kennard.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lilremix328 said:

You guys are acting like Bullock is a beast of some sort... he's a shooter that can't really create for himself. Johnson is much younger and finally has no leash. The top 2 scorers on the Pistons team just departed so that opens up a lot more room for him to operate. Simple as that. I think he's the one that wins the most out of this deal IF he stays with Detroit not Bullock or Kennard.

And you act like Stanley Johnson is a beast of some sort

5 hours ago, L3onD said:

nah, winslow cant shoot if his life depended on it, his game is exact same as brown’s...brown’s a lil better shooter tho

and Stanley can shoot?

2 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

That strengthens my point even more.  Bradley is long gone.  Not only that but Tobias is gone too.  

25 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

That strengthens my point even more.  Bradley is long gone.  Not only that but Tobias is gone too.  

Ok cool,  glad I was able to help.  

Would it be dumb to drop Jaylen Brown for him? They're very similar players. I'd like to see how he does with Blake back tho, seems to have SVG's confidence.