2ndCitySox

Chris Taylor 2018 Outlook

batting 7th today.  if hes not at least scoring runs, he really doesnt have much value.....

20 minutes ago, herschel said:

batting 7th today.  if hes not at least scoring runs, he really doesnt have much value.....

I'd like to know how many options he has (if any). Because if he doesn't get something going the Dodgers will just find someone who does.

Decent game tonight.  Would be nice to see him string a couple together...

Taylor is starting and shortstop and hitting leadoff Wednesday against the Rockies.

Taylor was dropped from the leadoff spot after a slow start to the season, but he quickly earned his way back to the top of the order after hitting .303/.425/.545 across 10 games from the six hole. He'll look to stay hot at the plate as he faces lefty Kyle Freeland in his return to the leadoff spot.

6 minutes ago, herschel said:

Taylor is starting and shortstop and hitting leadoff Wednesday against the Rockies.

Taylor was dropped from the leadoff spot after a slow start to the season, but he quickly earned his way back to the top of the order after hitting .303/.425/.545 across 10 games from the six hole. He'll look to stay hot at the plate as he faces lefty Kyle Freeland in his return to the leadoff spot.

Before tonight’s game he batted 6th and 7th.  I think it has more to do with facing a lefty maybe. 

Yes, I'm pretty sure Utley has been leading off against righties.

Maybe Chris steps it up tonight and proves he belongs there.    As a season-long Taylor  owner,  I doubt it.

He'll choke and be back down at 7 before end of weekend. 

2-14 8Ks incoming until then.

On 5/23/2018 at 3:59 PM, herschel said:

jeez, this whole thread is....

Image result for debbie downer gif

Perfect caption for this would be "Worthless Trash"

Last night was horrendous but Chris is slowly trending up, hope it continues. 

big series in colorado.  back to leading off.  1st ab a triple....hopefully this series will do him some good.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, herschel said:

big series in colorado.  back to leading off.  1st ab a triple....hopefully this series will do him some good.

agreed i think this series can be a nice stat booster for him to get him back on his pace from last year!

Scoring a TON of runs, 39 on the year already.  He's sneakily very valuable with his position eligibility.

He's been as advertised. Elite run production with some pop. If that average comes up a bit and he stops getting caught stealing, he's easily a top 75 player.

Suddenly Taylor is ranked 51st in my format, my oh my how things can turn around quickly. 

On 6/3/2018 at 2:08 AM, chud12 said:

Suddenly Taylor is ranked 51st in my format, my oh my how things can turn around quickly. 

Since this post: 2-17, 5K.

Just providing support to OP.

6 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Since this post: 2-17, 5K.

Just providing support to OP.

Lol yea blame me guys. He’s slumping again, smh. 

I took this guy somewhere after the 10th round (at a place in the draft where half of the players are no longer even on fantasy rosters)

He looks like he'll finish with a line that looks something like: 95 R, 17 HR, 65 RBI, 11 SB, .255 BA 

Add the fact that he has multi position eligibility, steals bases, and has SS eligibility and he's a nice piece to have on any roster especially as a bench guy in daiily-leagues who you can sub in and out of the lineup as needed. 

Edited by EmbargoLifted
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Fun's over - officially trash again.

I was wondering if he was the only guy ever to strike out three times against Derek Holland.  

Another 0-4 tonight!

3 minutes ago, Beakman said:

I was wondering if he was the only guy ever to strike out three times against Derek Holland.  

Another 0-4 tonight!

I will say in all fairness Holland has been pretty good lately - the Jeckyll standing out more than the Hyde. 

Taylor OTOH has been living on NSF checks for a while.

Yay - I guess. Part of me wishes...well, never mind....

New Player Note Wed, Jun 20

Chris Taylor (hamstring) told reporters that he expects to be ready to play this weekend.

Advice: Taylor exited Wednesday's game against the Cubs with tightness in his left hamstring. The Dodgers will want to be careful with the shortstop, but there appears to be at least a decent chance he'll be back in the lineup against the Mets starting on Friday, with Thursday being a day off for both Taylor and Los Angeles.

More: David Vassegh on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)