Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kobebryant24

Jabari Parker 2017-2018 Season Outlook

5 minutes ago, mateen said:

This guy is a headache to own, even on the bench. Bucks still planning for Feb return, but my team is depleted atm (Draymond, Gobert, Booker) plus Carroll has not been helpful these days. 

Should I drop him finally? We've no idea how's he gong to come along with Bledsoe, Kris and of course Giannis will always be the main man.. Brogdon and Henson are still there too. plus the possibility of minutes restriction, I find it very hard to hold onto. 

6 hours ago, mateen said:

This guy is a headache to own, even on the bench. Bucks still planning for Feb return, but my team is depleted atm (Draymond, Gobert, Booker) plus Carroll has not been helpful these days. 

Should I drop him finally? We've no idea how's he gong to come along with Bledsoe, Kris and of course Giannis will always be the main man.. Brogdon and Henson are still there too. plus the possibility of minutes restriction, I find it very hard to hold onto. 

Do you have IR? If not then easy drop, if so then shut up.

He's saying his IR is already full, I think.

Still, when you drafted Parker in a redraft league, you knew he was only a playoff lottery ticket and that if your team got significant injuries, you'd have to drop him.  Congrats, you have significant injuries.  You either suck it up and hope he's worth it in February or drop him and let someone else hope that.  Depends on your current W-L, in my opinion, but I'm a sucker for sunk costs.

When do you guys think he’ll be back on the court given the fact that he’s now getting his feet wet in the g league

What are your predictions ROS with Bledsoe in the mix and Middleton back at full speed?

Matt Velazquez Retweeted Matt Velazquez

Parker's been back on the court for some time, taking at least some part in practices for weeks. Jason Kidd has been asked about Parker often and as recently as Friday reiterated he expected Parker back in February.

Matt Velazquez Retweeted Anna Schreiter

Can confirm that Jabari Parker won't be playing with the Herd on Wednesday. Just practicing the next two days with the team in Milwaukee. Bucks have limited practice time due to their schedule, so this is just a chance for him to get more practice time in.

So my question is, does this mean there's a good chance Jabari returns to the Bucks before that February timeline? I'd find it hard to believe he'd be practicing/playing with the Herd for a month and a half or two.

No. He's just practicing with them for two days while they're in the Bucks' building. Has been participated in Bucks practices at some level for weeks. This is just extra practice time. Expectation is he'll be "called back up" to the Bucks after these two days.

Spoke to @JabariParker for a few minutes. Main takeaways: -Not planning on playing in a G-League game for now -Felt good to return to 5v5 to see where he is condition-wise (Not where it needs to be yet as expected) -Not cautious at all with knee -Still eyeing @Bucks return in Feb

1 hour ago, Brandayz said:

What are your predictions ROS with Bledsoe in the mix and Middleton back at full speed?

I say 1.5 / 17 / 5 / 3 / .8 / .3 on good percentages. I say the FT% goes up and his 3's go up. Points obviously go down with Middleton and Bledsoe in the mix and maybe rebounding and steals take a hit because he becomes less aggresive (wouldnt bet on it). But the fact that hes already practicing 5 on 5 is really encouraging. The kid is a Mormon (FWIW) and a hard worker, hes been through this injury before so obviously they want to be extremely cautious but it only took him 2 games last year to hit the ground running after he came back from his first ACL and he came back even more athletic. Still only 22 and trying to shed the rest of that baby fat(lol) I think his best years are ahead of him and I dont think its unreasonable to think his numbers (besides pts) could be even better than they were last year.. He was a legit 20 pt per game scorer on near 50% last year and he will be a key piece to this team no matter who they have on the roster. Im rostering him in my two IR league even though my IR is already full. 

Would really love to add him but already got Lavine, Blake, THJ injured and Parker and Millsap on the wire, so i'm crossing my fingers for quick returns for these three guys so I can make the add... 

Jabari Parker has been sent down to get in a practice with Milwaukee's G-League affiliate.
Parker has been going through portions of practices for a while now as he inches his way back to the court, but Jason Kidd has said time and again that he doesn't anticipate Parker getting back out there until February. Once Parker is cleared to play, he'll likely have heavy restrictions for at least the first month, so in a best-case scenario, he may only have about a month of low-end value in fantasy hoops this season. In other words, he's not worth stashing in most leagues. Dec 18 - 3:57 PM

He's just sitting in my waiver wire, good time to grab him eh

If he gets back to normal in March, then he should be good for the playoffs (fantasy).  If not then oh well.  I think he's worth the gamble though.  Looking at the way the team is stacked, he might even get traded to a team for a young athletic defensive anchor center.  Or what Thon Maker might be.  Or John Henson.  I don't get why their long athletic guys can't become good centers.  Is it a coaching thing?  

Back next month. What do you guys predict his stats will be with Bledsoe and a healthy Middleton in the mix? Do they slide Giannis to the 5 and put Jabari back at the 4? 

5 minutes ago, #coco said:

Back next month. What do you guys predict his stats will be with Bledsoe and a healthy Middleton in the mix? Do they slide Giannis to the 5 and put Jabari back at the 4? 

I would think they slid Middleton to the 2 and move Parker to the 3 when he’s ready. Def not playing giannis at the 5 full time.  

5 hours ago, Unknownmindset said:

TRADE HIM TO THE BULLS! let him and lavine run freely! :lol: 

Mirotic, Rolo, and a future pick? Bucks need big men and shooting. Bulls get another young talent (from Chicago no less) to rebuild around. Parker owners win because Jabari gets to go HAM on a lotto team. Who says no? 

4 minutes ago, #coco said:

Mirotic, Rolo, and a future pick? Bucks need big men and shooting. Bulls get another young talent (from Chicago no less) to rebuild around. Parker owners win because Jabari gets to go HAM on a lotto team. Who says no? 

Salary's definitely don't match. I do agree that from a fantasy perspective it would be good. From a real life perspective, being able to constantly throw out highly capable scoring facilitators at all times with no second unit lull is pretty nice in a 7 game playoff series. 

1 hour ago, #coco said:

Nah. As a bucks fan and homer it's well known that Jabari's destination of choice after Milwaukee is Utah since he is a Mormon. It almost happened last year in exchange for Hayward.  I highly doubt a stop in Chicago.

2 hours ago, Brandayz said:

When will he be back? :o any news?

There are too many unknowns to put an accurate return date on it. He is practicing a bit. Just keep checking to see if there are any setbacks.

I really don't understand the hype here. Is it because bigs are scarce? He isn't strong in stocks. The Bucks are such a different team now with Bledsoe, Middleton and a further develop Giannis. He is the 4th option on offense if he is running with starters. I can see him spacing more for Greek/Bledsoe to have room to work in the paint. I think he will give people just over a month of his max level production, whatever that might be this year. 

4 hours ago, thezing1 said:

There are too many unknowns to put an accurate return date on it. He is practicing a bit. Just keep checking to see if there are any setbacks.

I really don't understand the hype here. Is it because bigs are scarce? He isn't strong in stocks. The Bucks are such a different team now with Bledsoe, Middleton and a further develop Giannis. He is the 4th option on offense if he is running with starters. I can see him spacing more for Greek/Bledsoe to have room to work in the paint. I think he will give people just over a month of his max level production, whatever that might be this year. 

He's like a more efficient Barnes, so I don't think he'll need as many shots to flourish. Stocks aren't strong, but he's averaged about a steal each year -- which is something. Twolves (also start 4 capable scorers) have been staggering their rotations. Towns subs out early and plays with the second unit to start the next quarter. I could the Bucks doing something similar with Jabari. Also, his talent alone gives me hope that he'll be able to provide, even in limited touches. Gonna be hard to find that production on the waiver a month away from playoffs. 

21 hours ago, #coco said:

He's like a more efficient Barnes, so I don't think he'll need as many shots to flourish. Stocks aren't strong, but he's averaged about a steal each year -- which is something. Twolves (also start 4 capable scorers) have been staggering their rotations. Towns subs out early and plays with the second unit to start the next quarter. I could the Bucks doing something similar with Jabari. Also, his talent alone gives me hope that he'll be able to provide, even in limited touches. Gonna be hard to find that production on the waiver a month away from playoffs. 

I understand the player Jabari was before this second ACL injury. He has been stashed in my 8 cat league for almost a month now....12 teams, weekly lineups, start 4G, 4F, 2C, 2 Util, 4 man bench no IR. That struck me as a sign of position scarcity more than expected production. I understand rotations will come into play, but that also brings Brogdon into the mix. This team has essentially been superfied with Bledsoe/Greek/Middleton and I don't think enough of a discount is being applied to Jabari's expectations. This might not make sense, but this feels like a rich man's Jaymicheal Green scenario. When JayMike was coming back I got bashed for saying he was overhyped and low end while everyone thought 1/1 with DD potential. It was position scarcity fueling all of the inflated expectations. I guess my point is that I feel like Jabari has a bit of that happening. 

1 hour ago, thezing1 said:

I understand the player Jabari was before this second ACL injury. He has been stashed in my 8 cat league for almost a month now....12 teams, weekly lineups, start 4G, 4F, 2C, 2 Util, 4 man bench no IR. That struck me as a sign of position scarcity more than expected production. I understand rotations will come into play, but that also brings Brogdon into the mix. This team has essentially been superfied with Bledsoe/Greek/Middleton and I don't think enough of a discount is being applied to Jabari's expectations. This might not make sense, but this feels like a rich man's Jaymicheal Green scenario. When JayMike was coming back I got bashed for saying he was overhyped and low end while everyone thought 1/1 with DD potential. It was position scarcity fueling all of the inflated expectations. I guess my point is that I feel like Jabari has a bit of that happening. 

Dude was fire last year before his injury, I really think there's a chance he comes back earlier than expected. He's still a FA in my league (10 team 9 cat, 1 IL. I'm really thinking about picking him up, other guys in my league are holding Vuc & Millsap.... why not right?

4 hours ago, thezing1 said:

Stashed him about about two weeks ago after doing a huge trade (10 team, H2H, 9 CAT). Minimal risk because he has a bigger upside than players like Carroll, Lamb, or Clarkson on my waiver. I definitely see the red flags surrounding him -- two knee surgeries and the competition on the team. But like I mentioned before, Jabari's got game. He's still young and has plenty of room to improve (i.e. added a three last year). Jaymichael was definitely overhyped, but he's always been an average NBA player at best. I'm not expecting another donny mitch to walk on my team, but I see him helping me in areas that I need right now, namely fg %, scoring, low TO's, and a side of three's.  

Parker's also in a contract year and was asking for the max extension a few months ago. Best believe he'll have to put up numbers if he wants to get paid.