DrFunkenstein13

LaMarcus Aldridge 2017-2018 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, Identikit said:

REST TONIGHT BOYS. MORE USAGE FOR KYLE ANDERSON

And Pau Gasol. It's kind of weird that I have two handcuffs for one player, but when the handcuffs are both top 75, why not?

22 hours ago, LifeofThabo said:

What have people been able to get for Aldridge?

I'm wondering this as well.

23 hours ago, LifeofThabo said:

What have people been able to get for Aldridge?

I am actually trying to trade for him.  His value is going to take a hit, so I am trying to get him a bit cheaper.  I also think he looks different this year...he seems more motivated on the court and just seems to have bought into the system more.  I know his numbers go down with Kawhi, but I think he will still have his best year as a Spurs player when just considering ROS.

1 hour ago, jmoney23 said:

I am actually trying to trade for him.  His value is going to take a hit, so I am trying to get him a bit cheaper.  I also think he looks different this year...he seems more motivated on the court and just seems to have bought into the system more.  I know his numbers go down with Kawhi, but I think he will still have his best year as a Spurs player when just considering ROS.

That's why I'm curious. I see people suggesting flipping him for anyone in the top 50 which of course depends on your team build but I think that's selling Aldridge kinda low.  

Surely he'll be better than last year's 17 and 7 but is 20 and 8 expecting too much?  

I don't think so. I don't see him getting much worse. Perhaps a Top-30 finish. 

9 minutes ago, LifeofThabo said:

That's why I'm curious. I see people suggesting flipping him for anyone in the top 50 which of course depends on your team build but I think that's selling Aldridge kinda low.  

Surely he'll be better than last year's 17 and 7 but is 20 and 8 expecting too much?  

I got him cheapish in a monster trade involving wall, butler and tyreke. I think he will take a hit with kawhi coming back but knowing pop, he will take as long as he wants to get kawhi back to 30+ mins. I think he's also now proven a big offensive threat on this team meaning he should demand more usage than last season meaning his should remain an improvement on his 17 and 7. 

OUT tonight .....knew it was gonna happen soon so I cant really complain but it sucks when hes out and my opponent has Gasol who is 50 yrs older then him and is playing. Oh well

Having Popovich and Kerr players can kill you in H2H.

11 hours ago, mcflywalker said:

Has anybody seen anything about his availability tomorrow?

Nope but I don’t see why they would rest him two days in a row

42 minutes ago, mackdonald said:

Nope but I don’t see why they would rest him two days in a row

Yea, they are resting Kawhi and the others. I fully expect LMA to play. Also, there should be zero complaints about LMA resting this last game. This was his SECOND game missed. He has regularly played even when it was a standard Pop rest day. He has been a beast. If you listen to anything Pop says, he took a long look at himself when LMA came out and said he wanted out in the offseason. This was the first player that didn't want to be part of the Spurs, and Pop took that as a flaw in himself and not LMA. He re-upped him. He altered his approach to him. He isn't falling off of a cliff with Kawhi back. He will start to rest more in the second half now that the roster is getting fully stocked. 

LA wanted out in the offseason?

13 hours ago, thezing1 said:

Yea, they are resting Kawhi and the others. I fully expect LMA to play. Also, there should be zero complaints about LMA resting this last game. This was his SECOND game missed. He has regularly played even when it was a standard Pop rest day. He has been a beast. If you listen to anything Pop says, he took a long look at himself when LMA came out and said he wanted out in the offseason. This was the first player that didn't want to be part of the Spurs, and Pop took that as a flaw in himself and not LMA. He re-upped him. He altered his approach to him. He isn't falling off of a cliff with Kawhi back. He will start to rest more in the second half now that the roster is getting fully stocked. 

13 minutes ago, GIANNISYO said:

Yeah dude, you didn't hear?

Apparently he wanted out so bad he signed a 3 year extension

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, alexstr said:

Yeah dude, you didn't hear?

Apparently he wanted out so bad he signed a 3 year extension

Whether he wanted out or not is up for some debate...it was reported that he did. But, we know he wasn't happy with his role in the offense and the Spurs had discussions with multiple teams about trading him. Him and Pop had to have a little sit down to clear the air. It obviously went well...hence the extension. Plenty of articles out there about it.

Edited by HK-47
  • Thanks 1

Could just be worth holding onto him for the rest of the season seeing Leonard's health.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GIANNISYO said:

Everything about the offseason was that LMA was not happy. There were multiple reports of a sit down with him and Pop airing it out. Pop has talked about being critical of himself and realizing he can improve because this is the first time a player wasn't happy playing for him. All of this has come out already. Pop has tweaked how he handles LMA...basically he won't say a thing about his offense, but he is going to be all over him for defense. After they aired it out he re-signed. Not before. Context people. It's like you see what happened and disregard the entire lead up to the event. 

• Like 2

So what's LA's ROS like with Kawhi back? Are we still thinking top 30? Someone offered LA for my Lowry, and I'm thinking of taking it. But considering Kawhi+Pop's tendency to manage rest days etc, I'm hesitant.

I feel super bad for Kawhi, but Aldridge will obviously continue to get heavy run until Kawhi's back from his temporary shutdown.

Pulled the trigger on the above trade this week, so I'm all aboard the LA train!

Edited by ovofnd

Rotoworld keeps insulting this man, writing him up as a 'top 50 option' in the latest two blurbs.

Top 50? He's 15th on a total game basis and 22nd on a per-game basis. He's also been 3rd this week.

What are they smoking?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ovofnd said:

Rotoworld keeps insulting this man, writing him up as a 'top 50 option' in the latest two blurbs.

Top 50? He's 15th on a total game basis and 22nd on a per-game basis. He's also been 3rd this week.

What are they smoking?

No Respek

1 hour ago, rfhamilton said:

No Respek

Put some respeck on that boy name smh <_<

• Like 1

out tonight and tomorrow.

why can't they mark him as injured so we can put someone else in there.

Pop has no respeck for our fantasy teams

• Like 2

f**k Popobitch

Edited by bksm
  • Haha 1

Anyone worried about the injury and the spurs being easy on him going into our fantasy playoffs?