JMASTERJ

James Johnson 2017-2018 Season Outlook

so glad i held on to this guy. was being dropped like crazy in yahoo leagues. 

Spolestra on James John after lasts nights game, sounds like he should be starting again very soon.

“He’s put in a lot of time,” Spoelstra said of Johnson. “You can tell he’s not 100 percent with his timing and fluidity, but he brings us another big layer of versatility on both ends of the court. We become a totally different basketball team when he’s out there. I loved getting him 23 minutes. He felt like he didn’t even get in a full workout so he’s actually working out right now again. But yeah, another day of treatment and rehab work, hopefully we can get him even closer to what he was."

• Like 2

Wasn't he only starting before because Whiteside was out? I know he was coming off the bench initially even when Whiteside first got injured but eventually they decided to move him into the starting lineup. I wonder since I'm guessing Olynyk has slid down the the PF spot, that he'll just come off the bench now.

32 minutes ago, hardyharhar said:

Wasn't he only starting before because Whiteside was out? I know he was coming off the bench initially even when Whiteside first got injured but eventually they decided to move him into the starting lineup. I wonder since I'm guessing Olynyk has slid down the the PF spot, that he'll just come off the bench now.

He took Winslow’s slot in the starting 5; him and KO end up playing a lot of PF but they also play him at the 3 and KO at the 5. JJ doesn’t affect Hassan’s minutes

2 hours ago, Mikhov said:

He took Winslow’s slot in the starting 5; him and KO end up playing a lot of PF but they also play him at the 3 and KO at the 5. JJ doesn’t affect Hassan’s minutes

JJ and Whiteside aren't tied together by minutes, but JJ only started when Whiteside was out because Olynyk moved to center. JJ started at the 4. Now that Olynyk has slid down to the 4 with Whiteside back, if he were to start, it would be either instead of Olynyk at the 4 or Tyler Johnson (and Waiters when he comes back).

Did anyone watch his come back game? Curious as to why he only got 1 assist. I need assists tomorrow so I'm wondering if I should play him or not.

I have JJ and Olynyk....hope both are in the top 6 lineup.

4 hours ago, hardyharhar said:

JJ and Whiteside aren't tied together by minutes, but JJ only started when Whiteside was out because Olynyk moved to center. JJ started at the 4. Now that Olynyk has slid down to the 4 with Whiteside back, if he were to start, it would be either instead of Olynyk at the 4 or Tyler Johnson (and Waiters when he comes back).

I don’t foresee Olynyk starting over him as their bench needs somebody who can create their own shot and JJ really came on last year as the starter

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Mikhov said:

I don’t foresee Olynyk starting over him as their bench needs somebody who can create their own shot and JJ really came on last year as the starter

Well he was starting over JJ before Whiteside got injured.

Edited by hardyharhar

If anyone else was wondering about his assists last game like I was, I watched the parts of the game he was in. When he was on the floor with some of the starters he wasn't really handling the ball that much for playmaking. I haven't watched many Heat games though so I'm not entirely sure if this was normal or not. But in the end of the 1st/beginning of the 2nd, the bench squad was in with JJ and he was handling the ball a lot. This didn't happen for the rest of the game though. I was also not aware Olynyk had the ball so much in their offense. Another factor of his playing time could also be that Whiteside played only 17 minutes for whatever reason. They went small with Olynyk at the 5.

They have a lot of facilitators in their offense. Dragic, J-Rich, Tyler, Waiters even when he is fit, Olynyk can dish and Spo has talked about Whiteside being more of a playmaker. JJ is very good at that in this team, but I'm not surprised if they hand more responsibility to other players too. Obviously they went on a tear last season and JJ was in the thick of it, but Spo has a thing for equal opportunity offense and sharing the responsibility. At this moment it looks like they are not going to unleash him like last year, but he still has ways to contribute. Just not on that elite level like before...

18 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

They have a lot of facilitators in their offense. Dragic, J-Rich, Tyler, Waiters even when he is fit, Olynyk can dish and Spo has talked about Whiteside being more of a playmaker. JJ is very good at that in this team, but I'm not surprised if they hand more responsibility to other players too. Obviously they went on a tear last season and JJ was in the thick of it, but Spo has a thing for equal opportunity offense and sharing the responsibility. At this moment it looks like they are not going to unleash him like last year, but he still has ways to contribute. Just not on that elite level like before...

Dragic, JRich, and TJ were all there last year. Waiters too and it did seem he had a negative affect on JJ's stats although it looks like he was still able to produce in the game Waiters play. I think the big difference is Olynyk.

7 hours ago, hardyharhar said:

Dragic, JRich, and TJ were all there last year. Waiters too and it did seem he had a negative affect on JJ's stats although it looks like he was still able to produce in the game Waiters play. I think the big difference is Olynyk.

They did have more injuries then than they have this season. Or am I wrong?

5 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

They did have more injuries then than they have this season. Or am I wrong?

About the same really. TJ is the only one who has been upright consistently. 

Shooting definitely wasn't there, but... his minutes were there, he closed the game, and your typical JJ peripherals are there. Nothing to fear.

• Like 1

I forgot how much I missed him. I need a block from him, and he's come so close so many times.

1 minute ago, hardyharhar said:

I forgot how much I missed him. I need a block from him, and he's come so close so many times.

yeah looked like he got one just didnt get the credit.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Panic said:

yeah looked like he got one just didnt get the credit.

I must have missed it, but hopefully there's a stat correction.

Edited by hardyharhar

1 hour ago, Panic said:

JJ playing a bit of PG i like it.

Point Center James Johnson is the best of all James Johnsons.

JJ all over mitchell for the last shot and made him miss love it !