JMASTERJ

James Johnson 2017-2018 Season Outlook

4 minutes ago, Panic said:

JJ all over mitchell for the last shot and made him miss love it !

it looked like a block to me...

Posted (edited)

No assists after the first half (quarter?) :( And he almost got a block like 5 times!!!!!! That killed me. Still a good game though.

Just now, Toronto416 said:

it looked like a block to me...

Don't get my hopes up...

Edited by hardyharhar

1 minute ago, hardyharhar said:

No assists after the first half (quarter?) :( And he almost got a block like 5 times!!!!!! That killed me. Still a good game though.

Don't get my hopes up...

nah he never touched it. close but no.. just all over mitchell

On 1/2/2018 at 6:39 PM, HK-47 said:

I think some of the issues come from teams being vague. To me it seems they are consistent when teams are pretty straight forward. I know Lonzo got the tag 5 min after it says he was out at least a week. Indy kept listing Dipo as questionable or doubtful which was the issue there. It took AG a bit because ORL was doing the same pretty much. Just a couple examples there.

I can’t speak on DLO or Waiters since I’m not sure there. I just know the Nets are notorious for vague reports. It’s been over 6 weeks and stil don’t really know when he’s expected back...lol.

As far as Nurk goes if you go back and look he intially got hurt on the 5th so the 12th lines up with missing 7 days. They just happened to have 4 days between games from his initial injury date.

One more that comes to mind is I remember some complaining about Crabbe not having it and while he missed 3 games they were over a span of 4 days and then of course we have the Nets there with their awesome injury reports. He was then listed as probable for next game and therefore never got the tag.

I personally haven’t really seen many issues. Seems they are pretty consistent following their own rule, but that’s me.

Care to explain how KD got the inj tag?

Also, anyone feel JJ minutes/numbers are higher due to Winslow being out? Wondering if those will come down in a month.

4 minutes ago, jungmich said:

Also, anyone feel JJ minutes/numbers are higher due to Winslow being out? Wondering if those will come down in a month.

Nah. Olynyk has been soaking all of Winslow's power forward minutes. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jungmich said:

Wouldn't worry about it all that much. JJ will always have a role and there will always be another injury on this team

• Like 1

He just hit Ibaka with that two piece and a biscuit lmao.

• Haha 2

Suspension coming. God damnit. 

17 hours ago, ThisIsSparta said:

Still better than Pacquiao-Mayweather.

fVBwUAL.gif

if you gon fight fight. Suspended for this BS

Edited by necro892003

You guys do realize JJ's nickname is Blood Sport right? He woulda beat that a** and Ibaka realized it and put up his hands with the quickness haha

• Haha 1

Worth a pickup with Waiters now out for the rest of the season?

Hmm. Probably going to drop Bismack. JJ has always had a nice role with Miami.

2 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

Does the waiters news have any impact on James Johnson’s playing time?

Nah, but he might get some more shots.

• Like 1

Waiters affects the guards more. JJ is in a battle with Oly-Whiteside-Bam trio + Spo is implementing him a little bit at SF position too. He had really nice 30 minutes role last year, but Oly+Bam have hindered him a bit this season. Hopefully they will switch J-Rich to guard more and work JJ's minutes up with the SF slot. Obviously getting rid of Dragic or J-Rich would be tremendous for JJ. He would get more minutes AND more playmaking possibilites.

Edited by JormaJormala

1 hour ago, JormaJormala said:

Waiters affects the guards more. JJ is in a battle with Oly-Whiteside-Bam trio + Spo is implementing him a little bit at SF position too. He had really nice 30 minutes role last year, but Oly+Bam have hindered him a bit this season. Hopefully they will switch J-Rich to guard more and work JJ's minutes up with the SF slot. Obviously getting rid of Dragic or J-Rich would be tremendous for JJ. He would get more minutes AND more playmaking possibilites.

JJ is averaging 27 minutes per game this year and that's with an early ejection and leaving the 1st quarter with an injury. James John is going to get the same run, Spolstra has stated numerous times that the Heat are a completely diff team with Johnson on the floor. James John is locked into a 25-30 min. role all year regardless of who is healthy and not, no1 has hindered him.

• Like 1

He hit 30+ minutes two months last year and his minutes were down early on before he got it going. Actually he got going only when February started and that is the JJ I'm interested in owning. I would say playing 27 minutes per game is a disappointment. Especially if he starts games when 27 minutes is very, very, VERY lackluster. 27 minutes off the bench with more playmaking opportunities is fine, but even then not what was happening last year from February until end of the season. If he starts, he needs to play a least 32 minutesper game. So for my expectations he is hindered quite a much so far.

37 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

He hit 30+ minutes two months last year and his minutes were down early on before he got it going. Actually he got going only when February started and that is the JJ I'm interested in owning. I would say playing 27 minutes per game is a disappointment. Especially if he starts games when 27 minutes is very, very, VERY lackluster. 27 minutes off the bench with more playmaking opportunities is fine, but even then not what was happening last year from February until end of the season. If he starts, he needs to play a least 32 minutesper game. So for my expectations he is hindered quite a much so far.

He started like 5 games this year and in 1 of then he lasted 5 minutes. No idea what your talking about here. 

4 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

I think the main factor that could affect this is Bam... I own both to see how it shakes up...good news is JJ/Bam/, JJ/ Whiteside, JJ/Olynyk have all been deployed so far and Bam mixes in with all 3 combos too. JJ can do damage in 27+ though and especially in 2nd unit as you mentioned...its JJ time of year beginning now so hopefully he can put down the gloves and pick up the roundball instead! To be clear I really like his ROS value...dude can score pts and fill up cats...

On 1/11/2018 at 11:27 PM, DoctorLove said:

Does the waiters news have any impact on James Johnson’s playing time?

Might be a bit of a stretch, but i think it should help. With Waiters out we should see more Tyler Johnson, and we know Spo likes to run the Johnson Bros together. In addition JJ should have more playmaking duties. 

• Like 1