JMASTERJ

James Johnson 2017-2018 Season Outlook

11 minutes ago, UniCornucopia said:

Same.

Tonight was his 3rd straight missed game. That should qualify him for the INJ tag, right?

It should, but their next game is Wednesday and I'm guessing there's a good chance he comes back by then.

15 minutes ago, UniCornucopia said:

Same.

Tonight was his 3rd straight missed game. That should qualify him for the INJ tag, right?

No, it's not 3 games. Per rules he must be ruled out for and or miss at least 7 days.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN28136.html

Edited by HK-47
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, UniCornucopia said:

My first year in forever playing fantasy again, and I've seen that mentioned a couple times.

Thanks for clarifying.

No problem. I try to post the link when I see someone asking or wondering about the rule. 

as a JJ owner, I just want to point out that Olynyk has been an excellent handcuff. If you own JJ, pair him up with Olynyk until JJ gets healthy. Olynyk's been killing it for me.

6 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

as a JJ owner, I just want to point out that Olynyk has been an excellent handcuff. If you own JJ, pair him up with Olynyk until JJ gets healthy. Olynyk's been killing it for me.

Had them both at beginning of season when Whiteside was out the first time.

Seems like Kelly can produce when one of Whiteside/JJ are out. To be determined if he can produce when all are available.

Anyone have any info on his health I’m seeing he is questionable 

22 hours ago, Toronto416 said:

Anyone have any info on his health I’m seeing he is questionable 

Haven't seen or heard anything.

Getting ticked off with yahoo. Took off the injured tag because he played a few days ago, but he's been out 3 consecutive games now and that usually gets an INJ tag.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, VelvetMerkin said:

Haven't seen or heard anything.

Getting ticked off with yahoo. Took off the injured tag because he played a few days ago, but he's been out 3 consecutive games now and that usually gets an INJ tag.

It’s not 3 games. Not sure why so many think it is. If anyone, blame the Heat for the vague injury reports. Yahoo is consistent with this rule. For example, Harden got the tag right after the announcement today.

Edited by HK-47

James Johnson has the INJ tag,

But not informations about his timetable ??

• Thanks 1

Manny Navarro
@Manny_Navarro
Spo says of injured players only James Johnson has been upgraded to questionable for Wednesday’s game vs. #Pistons

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, HK-47 said:

It’s not 3 games. Not sure why so many think it is. If anyone, blame the Heat for the vague injury reports. Yahoo is consistent with this rule. For example, Harden got the tag right after the announcement today.

No it's actually true. Tags can go faster or slower depending on the team's official listings. Harden got his because it was a severe injury that the team listed right away. If it's a day-to-day injury 3 missed games then an injury tag is the norm if there is no update.

Which is why jj just got the injury tag even though he's questionable

Edited by VelvetMerkin

4 minutes ago, VelvetMerkin said:

No it's actually true. Tags can go faster or slower depending on the team's official listings. Harden got his because it was a severe injury that the team listed right away. If it's a day-to-day injury 3 missed games then an injury tag is the norm if there is no update.

They really are not consistent with it. This year, it took them a while for Dangelo Russell to get the INJ despite him being rumored to miss extended time from a report from WOJ, and not nba.com or the Brooklyn Nets. Dion Waiters just got his INJ tag too despite being out since December 23 which is more than 7 days and Wed will mark his 5th game.

Jusuf Nurkic got his the day after he sprained his ankle despite there being no report he'd miss extended time. His first game missed was the 9th, hes on IR by the 12th.

Yahoo has really been inconsistent with both inj elgibility as well as positional requirements.

Why do Dwight Howard and Capela both have the PF spot? When's the last time either of them played a minute at that spot? I rememember complaining to yahoo about it and said that a player needed to play x amount of minutes at that position to earn eligibility and it's all done through a 3rd party vendor. Gary Harris LAST year got the SF tag but played 0 minutes at small forward because they already had Gallo, Wilson, and Barton playing there. conflict of interest?!?!?! no idea, hate yahoo but there is no better alternative. 

Rant continuing...anyone else hate how rotoworld writers indirectly control the fantasy player market? If they write, for example, player x should be a sell high player, he by default becomes a devalued asset. Same with saying player x should be an early round player. There can't be 40 early round players! Or if a player becomes a buy low player and you announce it to every single reader, they aren't a buy low player but are indirectly raising the price of this player by creating the impression that player now holds this potential blah blah blah. Get my drift? No? Word idgaf. They used to be really bad with it back in the day by looking at just box scores and drawing conclusions. Super insightful stuff. But it's all just one person's opinion. To me, each poster here has just the same amount of credibility as a rotoworld writer, with the exception of Ryan Knaus. These dudes are all as much of an "expert" as we are. Watch the games, draw our own conclusions. It's not like these guys have insider info on what's going on in the locker room,  rotations etc. If anything, looking at some posts about injuries show how much of detectives we really can be and I appreciate the shared knnowledge. Rant over. Looking forward to 2019.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, VelvetMerkin said:

I understand how all that works. But, If it was 3 games then he would have got it immiediatebly after missing their last game, which was 3 days ago. But he didn’t since the INJ rule is by days, not games. Point is nowhere in the rules does it say 3 games. 

Edited by HK-47

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jungmich said:

They really are not consistent with it. This year, it took them a while for Dangelo Russell to get the INJ despite him being rumored to miss extended time from a report from WOJ, and not nba.com or the Brooklyn Nets. Dion Waiters just got his INJ tag too despite being out since December 23 which is more than 7 days and Wed will mark his 5th game.

Jusuf Nurkic got his the day after he sprained his ankle despite there being no report he'd miss extended time. His first game missed was the 9th, hes on IR by the 12th.

Yahoo has really been inconsistent with both inj elgibility as well as positional requirements.

Why do Dwight Howard and Capela both have the PF spot? When's the last time either of them played a minute at that spot? I rememember complaining to yahoo about it and said that a player needed to play x amount of minutes at that position to earn eligibility and it's all done through a 3rd party vendor. Gary Harris LAST year got the SF tag but played 0 minutes at small forward because they already had Gallo, Wilson, and Barton playing there. conflict of interest?!?!?! no idea, hate yahoo but there is no better alternative. 

Rant continuing...anyone else hate how rotoworld writers indirectly control the fantasy player market? If they write, for example, player x should be a sell high player, he by default becomes a devalued asset. Same with saying player x should be an early round player. There can't be 40 early round players! Or if a player becomes a buy low player and you announce it to every single reader, they aren't a buy low player but are indirectly raising the price of this player by creating the impression that player now holds this potential blah blah blah. Get my drift? No? Word idgaf. They used to be really bad with it back in the day by looking at just box scores and drawing conclusions. Super insightful stuff. But it's all just one person's opinion. To me, each poster here has just the same amount of credibility as a rotoworld writer, with the exception of Ryan Knaus. These dudes are all as much of an "expert" as we are. Watch the games, draw our own conclusions. It's not like these guys have insider info on what's going on in the locker room,  rotations etc. If anything, looking at some posts about injuries show how much of detectives we really can be and I appreciate the shared knnowledge. Rant over. Looking forward to 2019.

I think some of the issues come from teams being vague. To me it seems they are consistent when teams are pretty straight forward. I know Lonzo got the tag 5 min after it says he was out at least a week. Indy kept listing Dipo as questionable or doubtful which was the issue there. It took AG a bit because ORL was doing the same pretty much. Just a couple examples there.

I can’t speak on DLO or Waiters since I’m not sure there. I just know the Nets are notorious for vague reports. It’s been over 6 weeks and stil don’t really know when he’s expected back...lol.

As far as Nurk goes if you go back and look he intially got hurt on the 5th so the 12th lines up with missing 7 days. They just happened to have 4 days between games from his initial injury date.

One more that comes to mind is I remember some complaining about Crabbe not having it and while he missed 3 games they were over a span of 4 days and then of course we have the Nets there with their awesome injury reports. He was then listed as probable for next game and therefore never got the tag.

I personally haven’t really seen many issues. Seems they are pretty consistent following their own rule, but that’s me.

Edited by HK-47
  • Like 1

JJ went thru shootaround, full partic today...still Q for tonite...got him in my INJ yesterday! Thank you impatient owner! 

Fingers crossed that his ankle holds up this time. He was playing so well up until he hurt it.

7 minutes ago, ThisIsSparta said:

He's playing!

I probably won't play him today. First game back, might be cautious. Luckily I have extra players today.

10 minutes ago, hardyharhar said:

I probably won't play him today. First game back, might be cautious. Luckily I have extra players today.

In my case, I have LeVert suddenly being hit with the injury bug, so I'm glad to have an extra player!

5 hours ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

He is still sitting on the wire in my 10 team league...decisions decisions.

I just grabbed him in my 12 teamer. Never had him last year but his numbers on the year are pretty good.

Expected to play limited minutes tonight so only start JJ if you have 2 but damn it feels good to get the black belt back.

i look good toronto raptors GIF by NBA

• Haha 2