EmbargoLifted

Bryce Harper 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2018-11-05. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

In April, there’s Babe Ruth, Ted Williams and Bryce Harper. Keep it going kiddo. 

• Like 2

He is so much better than trout right now it is ridiculous. He should have been 1st overall pick 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

He is so much better than trout right now it is ridiculous. He should have been 1st overall pick 

Give it time. He's pulled this act before and only finished once

3 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Preston Tucker and Ryan Flaherty are better than Trout right now. Obviously a ridiculous statement, but that's why Trout was/is #1. He does it more than just one week, month, year. Harper needs to do it much more than just the rest of this year to sit at Trout's table. 

Having said that, this is the year to own Mr balls-to-the-wall. He held up 5 feet from a wall in the outfield, and was tap dancing around 2nd on a play that I could've stood up on 3rd. 

Give me Trout everyday, especially contract year days 

9 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Good thing i got him at #9 :P

I wonder what it is (other than pure variance/luck) that makes Harper the equivalent of a roided-up Bonds in April. He does this every year it seems. 

Edited by EmbargoLifted

15 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

I wonder what it is (other than pure variance/luck) that makes Harper the equivalent of a roided-up Bonds in April. He does this every year it seems. 

Health. 

21 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

This year it will last all season. He will finish 1st by a mile. Too beast for the league right now

4 hours ago, Michael Bluth said:

Happy Terehan Day everyone!

18/39 with 8 HR career vs Teheran. Might not register any AB today...

If they continue to bat Zimmerman and his .097 BA behind Harper, you're looking at a 200 walk season easy

23 minutes ago, Yanks#1 said:

If they continue to bat Zimmerman and his .097 BA behind Harper, you're looking at a 200 walk season easy

Murphy will be back in the next couple of weeks most likely. That will be a boost to this already potent offense.

4 hours ago, Picard56 said:

Murphy will be back in the next couple of weeks most likely. That will be a boost to this already potent offense.

Rendon batting behind him today.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

he's so off his game right now compared to the first week

Typical Harper stuff, just on and off and on ..

I didn't think somebody could break their bat and hit a baseball over the fence.   Wow.

7 minutes ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

I didn't think somebody could break their bat and hit a baseball over the fence.   Wow.

God hes so freaking good

and we all knew this was possible if he could just stay healthy.

dare i say that im starting to think hes better than trout...

and i have zero stock in him although i had a hunch this was gonna be his 320 50/140 year

Edited by jfazz23
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

Not the first time I've seen it but 406 ft is impressive