EmbargoLifted

Bryce Harper 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2018-11-05. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Dude is a freak of nature.  His head and eye level suddenly change at times on his swing while his helmet moves forward.  Never have I seen success like that.

Anybody else notice his BABIP is .229 ? 

Harper is essentially batting an unlucky .300/.480/.740 right now :blink:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Anybody else notice his BABIP is .229 ? 

Harper is essentially batting an unlucky .300/.480/.740 right now :blink:

All those home runs he's hitting some counttowards his babip haha

It's a really long season -- i wouldn't be changing your outlook too much in regards to any player after just a few weeks. 

1 hour ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

In a redraft right now, do you trade him for anyone other than Trout?

i would not even consider trading him for trout in a redraft.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, richg24 said:

i would not even consider trading him for trout in a redraft.

This is how the Harper thread always looks in April. If you can get Trout for Harper you do it. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JaeTM said:

This is how the Harper thread always looks in April. If you can get Trout for Harper you do it. 

Yep, I remember a couple of years ago people were saying he was Bonds in his prime. 

So how many of you saw the headline begin with "Harper breaks...." and your stomach sank like mine?

34 minutes ago, Yanks#1 said:

So how many of you saw the headline begin with "Harper breaks...." and your stomach sank like mine?

None of us because we watch our studs play 

10 hours ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

I’d take Altuve or Trout for him. Clearly he is one of the top three players when healthy. I just don’t trust him to stay healthy for an entire season. If he plays 140+ games he definitely has a chance to be the best producer at the end of the year.

The dude has a 28.7% walk rate and only a 13.5% strikeout rate thus far. Plus, it looks like he will steal 10+ bags this season. Keep it up, BH.

Edited by Fuzzy_Slippers

I have him and have turned down all sorts of offers. My only concern, like some of you, is durability. 

Crazy I got this guy with the 9th pick of the draft. People who took Turner and Stanton over him must be shaking their heads

1 hour ago, nykid1981 said:

Ice cold lately.  Get hot again, please.

Crazy to see him down to .257 already considering how he came out of the gates... then again, seems like he does this every year with the insanely hot starts and subsequent fall offs. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, absknicks said:

Crazy to see him down to .257 already considering how he came out of the gates... then again, seems like he does this every year with the insanely hot starts and subsequent fall offs. 

super hot, then cold b/c usually hurt, then battles back and off/on ros.  dude has a violent swing.

Edited by ragrag
  • Like 1

On 4/16/2018 at 8:43 PM, TrueToTheBlue said:

If I owned him, I'd probably deal him for Trout, Altuve, or Arenado. No one else though.

How come he was taken out of the game early?

Never owned this guy.  And never wanted to draft him.  Reasons:

#1 i guess for a first rounder i was always scared of him getting hurt (violent swing/aggresive play in OF).  When i draft a 1st rounder, sorry i need someone who has a track record of health.

#2 I can get same stats he averages per year in mid rounds.  His draft prize is always insane high.

#3 the dude always starts off the year on a tear then goes on these crazy long slumps.  

For a "first rounder" or second rounder, im sorry but besides 2015....dude is hela over rated fantasy wise.

Ok here comes the harper army to bash me...

[Waits for slump]

”Dude is so overrated!”

[Bryce goes on a tear]

giphy.gif

It’s like clockwork. 

????‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1