crazybob60

George Hill 2017-2018 Season Outlook

17 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Bullock with more assists and less 3s basically? I'd rather keep bullock to be honest, will score more and play more minutes. Hill also crazy injury prone was a complete headache to own last season even though he was good when he played.

id rather have bullock as well. They added hood, Clarkson and hill. that's a lot of firepower....more shots and minutes then the guys they sent out. Jr smith and korver are still there. Rotoworld is calling him a 12 team option....

Edited by stevekerr01

2 hours ago, richg24 said:

Bullock with more assists and less 3s basically? I'd rather keep bullock to be honest, will score more and play more minutes. Hill also crazy injury prone was a complete headache to own last season even though he was good when he played.

Hill has a proven record. Bullock does not and does not have that much upside. 

What’s here to worry about injury prone? I’m assuming most of you got Hill off the wire. drop him when he’s hurt. He’s not good enough that you hold him for weeks when he’s hurt. 

Picked him up after trade. Not expecting those Utah numbers, but better than Sacramento numbers no doubt i see it!

13 hours ago, mackdonald said:

so when does he start playing with his new team?

8 hours ago, stevekerr01 said:

anyone see any news if the new cavs players will play Friday night?

I haven't heard anything yet, but considering  that:

Rose

Wade

Shumpert

Crowder

Frye

IT

Are all not on the team, I think the new players will be joining the team ASAP, as opposed to maybe missing a game like what happens in a lot of trades.  I suppose we'll find out in the next few hours.

1 hour ago, Tom Chambers said:

I haven't heard anything yet, but considering  that:

Rose

Wade

Shumpert

Crowder

Frye

IT

Are all not on the team, I think the new players will be joining the team ASAP, as opposed to maybe missing a game like what happens in a lot of trades.  I suppose we'll find out in the next few hours.

On the real... if the new guys don’t start what kind of lineup are we looking at..?

calderon/JR/Lebron/Green/Thompson?

4 hours ago, mackdonald said:

On the real... if the new guys don’t start what kind of lineup are we looking at..?

calderon/JR/Lebron/Green/Thompson?

Likely.  Once the new guys get up to speed, I'd see it as: Hill/JR/Lebron/Nance/TT, with potentially Hood being thrown in there and Love replacing TT or Nance upon his return.

As stated, they shipped out 3 guys who could play PG (and who played it in the past quite well as All-Stars, lol), in Wade, IT2, and Rose.  Furthermore, they took Hill knowing that his only backup would be old man Caldy, Clarkson (who would almost exclusively be a 6th man type combo guard), or Lebron at PG.  To me that shows they at least have some faith in him as a starter.

No idea on projections for Hill, but he's a fairly decent defender who can shoot and play off ball to an extent (having played alongside ball handlers).  Furthermore, as alluded to, he doesn't have much competition for his role and can slide to the 2 if necessary, though I don't see that as a frequent occurrence.  I'd expect something like Collison's numbers with fewer assists.  Likely not going to match numbers from last year with Lebron in the picture and better scorers out there, but with lots of wide open shots, should have decent efficiency.  IMO I'm not running to grab him (I'll stick with DJA) and I don't think he'll be the most exciting player to own; I'd imagine unless your wire is REALLY bare, there'd be higher upside players.  However, he should be a relatively safe option with an occasional dud once in a while.

Someone's grandma says he's not playing.

dEQclFDd_bigger.jpgMarla Ridenour @MRidenourABJ

FollowFollow @MRidenourABJ
More

Rodney Hood and George Hill won't play for Cavs tonight vs. Hawks because they must await the results of Iman Shumpert's physical in Sacramento that's scheduled for Saturday. Larry Nance Jr. & Jordan Clarkson not ruled out yet

Edited by Tom Chambers
  • Haha 2

Is he a hold? I know it was a blowout and he didn't really play the 4th quarter but does anybody see his line being much better than today's?

Rotoworld is saying his minutes will increase but I don’t know man.

the guy looks like he will split minutes with caldy and Clarkson most nights. He’s feels like a poor mans Brogdon with slightly more 3s?

am I wrong? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Boozted said:

Is he a hold? I know it was a blowout and he didn't really play the 4th quarter but does anybody see his line being much better than today's?

- It was the first game on a new team

- It was a blowout

- Clarkson shot 64% from the field

- Hill still had 12 points and 2 threes

This is especially important as a point guard, because while NBA teams aren't playing some crazy offensive sets that pro PGs have never seen before or anything, when you're a new PG you don't know how the other players move through the offense, when they're looking and when they're not, how they adapt to defensive rotations, etc.  It's especially important because it's not like the Cavs didn't have any other ball handling options; they have LeBron motherf***ing James, so if a PG isn't super comfortable, they don't have to have them do much of s--- when it comes to running an offense.  According to an onscreen graphic, at one point LeBron had scored or assisted on something like 46 or the 64 points he had been on the floor for.

So Hill was more or less relegated to being a spot up guy, and if Clarkson is hot, then...

If you picked him up already, nothing that happened this game should have you shook.

Clarkson just got hot AND he played in garbage time .. wait a couple more games and see what happens 

On 2/8/2018 at 10:43 AM, justblazedawg said:

This guy is not that great. I don't see anything more than 11/2/3 with 1 3. Pickup for 14+ teams only.

Friendly reminder.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

- It was the first game on a new team

- It was a blowout

- Clarkson shot 64% from the field

- Hill still had 12 points and 2 threes

This is especially important as a point guard, because while NBA teams aren't playing some crazy offensive sets that pro PGs have never seen before or anything, when you're a new PG you don't know how the other players move through the offense, when they're looking and when they're not, how they adapt to defensive rotations, etc.  It's especially important because it's not like the Cavs didn't have any other ball handling options; they have LeBron motherf***ing James, so if a PG isn't super comfortable, they don't have to have them do much of s--- when it comes to running an offense.  According to an onscreen graphic, at one point LeBron had scored or assisted on something like 46 or the 64 points he had been on the floor for.

So Hill was more or less relegated to being a spot up guy, and if Clarkson is hot, then...

If you picked him up already, nothing that happened this game should have you shook.

To be fair I pretty much knew that this would happen. I guess what I'm asking is how much more upside does he really have? Is he gonna be like he was on the pacers or closer to what he was in Utah? Only reason I'm thinking about dropping is because Dedmon is on the wire and was contemplating on who had more upside.

You knew the Cavs would blowout their first opponent and LeBron would take care of the ball handling abilities while Hill was new?  I already linked what Hill produced over 25 minutes this season, which is like 14/4/3 with 2 threes.

His role is what I figured it would be. 3 and D next to lebron and not much else. I wonder, even as he gets more acclimated with his teammates, will he get more ball handling duties? 

The last time LeBron had a teammate that averaged less that 4.5 assists was Mo Williams in 08-09, at 4.1.   Even Delonte West (07-08) and Mario Chalmers (13-14) and Mo Williams (09-10) were all able to get over 4.5.  His lowest assisting #2 was Larry Hughes, who a couple years averaged 3.5ish. 

It's possible LeBron goes full Magic Johnson and no one else handles the ball, sure, but there's no historical precedent for him doing that.  If those guys were able to get over 4.5, I see no reason why Hill can't get 4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So people are dropping Hill based off 1 game where he played 21 min. for a new team in a new system. Predicting what he’s going to do is just silly, need a sample size established etc. Why make the add even?? 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, justblazedawg said:

@Tom Chambers Did this guy win you a championship in the previous years or something? Lol Never seen someone sell a mediocre guy so much

Welcome to fantasy basketball.  We could just say "hey, he's mediocre" for a hundred players' thread and hope we win our leagues. 

Or we could, ya know, figure s--- out.  I'm playoff bound in 10 of my 13 leagues, and two of the ones I'm not had Kawhi as my first pick when he was only supposed to miss some of the preseason.  You? 

Edited by Tom Chambers

Guy deserves some patience, he is arguably the second most important player on this team until Love's back.

strong hold in 12+ team. no big loss in 10 team. keep in mind Cavs have a pretty nice PO schedule 4-4 last 2 weeks on yahoo.

• Like 1