crazybob60

George Hill 2017-2018 Season Outlook

41 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

Welcome to fantasy basketball.  We could just say "hey, he's mediocre" for a hundred players' thread and hope we win our leagues. 

Or we could, ya know, figure s--- out.  I'm playoff bound in 10 of my 13 leagues, and two of the ones I'm not had Kawhi as my first pick when he was only supposed to miss some of the preseason.  You? 

I have a life so only 1 league for me where I'm 16-1. Just got my 1st loss this week. And earlier, I did try to "figure s--- out" as you say. Even gave a realistic stat line projection.

5a8128fc4466b_ScreenShot2018-02-11at9_38_23PM.thumb.jpg.f918e2ff569f53c6a882a722f9407ada.jpg 

Okay... This is what I saw.

LeBron did let Hill handle the ball some, he deliberately gave him the rock few times when GH tried to let LeBron take it. They ran some pick and roll action together and it should figure out to be efficient when given some time. He was little timid otherwise when running pick and roll with others, but then again its new offense to him and he doesn't know the players. 

He is obviously the best guard as far as defensive side of the game goes. Made some great plays and challenged shots nicely. He was on his way to a very efficient scoring night, but missed two very open threes in the second half. I do see him doing better as he gets comfortable with the team. It might take a month though.

The biggest threat is Jordan Clarkson. IF they are not played together Lue might go with the hot hand and then it will be a split between them. 20-28 minutes a night for both. Clarkson needs the ball a lot more to be good so his time with LeBron hopefully is limited. That would cap his a** around 25 minutes. If they can, and hopefully they will, play together a bit, it would tremendously bolster Hills value. I think that with LeBron he will have lower usage than ever before, so he needs 30+ minutes to compensate it. 

If the second unit will perform consistently on this level, Hill will have problems staying on the court I think. Otherwise and if they can play together with Clarkson, he should be safe bet to have some decent value.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, justblazedawg said:

I have a life so only 1 league for me where I'm 16-1. Just got my 1st loss this week. And earlier, I did try to "figure s--- out" as you say. Even gave a realistic stat line projection.

5a8128fc4466b_ScreenShot2018-02-11at9_38_23PM.thumb.jpg.f918e2ff569f53c6a882a722f9407ada.jpg 

Cool dude, looks hard. Mostly just deciding if people were mediocre or not? 

I expect some Courtney Lee type of production in the future..

Clarkson for me is just scoring punch off the bench,Hill and Hood are what Cavs need.

Basically first play of the match,Hill is pressuring ballhandler high,goes ultragressive around the screen and commits the foul.Yes its a foul,but one play later Osman gets a block and that types of plays set the tone and hustle for Cavs and thats why they won

Hasn't seen the court at all in the 4th.  Clarkson's been better than him but Clarkson's still probably a better fit for their bench.

3 minutes ago, skiteam14 said:

Hasn't seen the court at all in the 4th.  Clarkson's been better than him but Clarkson's still probably a better fit for their bench.

Yah... not sure who to go with haha. I guess for hill if u need assists and clarkson if u need scoring? :/

3 hours ago, justblazedawg said:

@Tom Chambers Where you at nephew? 

Hill just isn't that good. Please don't HODL if you're expecting any more than ~ 12/3/3.

I never said he was good.  I said he was 14/4/4.  Not sure what you're so butthurt about, it's been two games.

Damn. Timeshare and the second unit plays so well that it seems like its going to last. Clarkson even had some nice plays with LeBron. Definitely dropping.

if you expected immediate production why did you even pick up?cavs changed entire team and suddenly you want your Hills and Nances to be top75 players..

have some patience 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

I never said he was good.  I said he was 14/4/4.  Not sure what you're so butthurt about, it's been two games.

You are off with that prediction as well so far. 

Cavs have JC, Hood, Smith etc to accommodate and they like to mix up their lineups as well (essentially doesn't matter if he is their main pg as they got Lebron). 

1 hour ago, HotSauce24 said:

You are off with that prediction as well so far. 

... It's been two games lol

He is done. Didn't play fourth quarter. They will continue to roll with Clarkson/Nance. Drop City.

26 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

He is done. Didn't play fourth quarter. They will continue to roll with Clarkson/Nance. Drop City.

Its hard not to think the same. But I'm going to give him 5 more games to see how he fits in. I dont think any of these guys roles have stabilized yet. Also Clarkson has been shooting lights out. Not sure how sustainable that is. We shall see.

Dropped to stream the spot. His outlook doesn't look promising. He's there to just hit a couple threes, defend, and just defer to LeBron.