Bengalo

Julius Randle 2017-2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

He just got cut in my league. I'm thinking about using a waiver claim on him. He's been more active on defense this year, the stocks are increasing. And he's a safe 12/6 player. The FT% is a killer though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2017 at 10:06 PM, samer42 said:

Undersized power forward with atrocious basketball IQ who relies on bully ball in a league where skilled stretch fours and centers who can shoot have become customary. 

Hit the nail on the head. Though he has played better this year, I think his ceiling is limit because of the fallacies in his game that you listed. As a Laker fan, I agree with your assessment of him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

Hit the nail on the head. Though he has played better this year, I think his ceiling is limit because of the fallacies in his game that you listed. As a Laker fan, I agree with your assessment of him. 

He's not undersized for PF (legit 6'9" w 7' wingspan and around 250), maybe for a center although he's bigger than Draymond (6'8"/235 with a slightly longer wingspan) who plays both but has high BBIQ and great instincts.

 

I don't love Randle's game, but, he has improved since coming into the league and has worked on his conditioning and skills over the off season. He could be a good player in the right system - can score, board, pass and started hustling more on the defensive end

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, trusthaprocess said:

Hit the nail on the head. Though he has played better this year, I think his ceiling is limit because of the fallacies in his game that you listed. As a Laker fan, I agree with your assessment of him. 

He is good. Plays with lots of energy similar to faried but he has limitations

 

(btw bro that's not what fallacy means. It has something to do with the faultiness of a logical "form".)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, trusthaprocess said:

Hit the nail on the head. Though he has played better this year, I think his ceiling is limit because of the fallacies in his game that you listed. As a Laker fan, I agree with your assessment of him. 

 

Excellent observation

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thrilla1nManila said:

He is good. Plays with lots of energy similar to faried but he has limitations

 

(btw bro that's not what fallacy means. It has something to do with the faultiness of a logical "form".)

 

He has WAY more upside than Faried and is so much younger. Given the right opportunity he would do well and he’s shown his versatility in past years with the triple doubles. It makes no sense for him to “be in the dog house” to this degree. Kuz has been balling but Randle definitely deserves a bigger role. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is what he is.  A fairly inefficient yet solid contributor.  I believe he would benefit from a trade to Dallas.  Sometimes we get wrapped up in rankings and overlook solid production.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JooCraig said:

 

He has WAY more upside than Faried and is so much younger. Given the right opportunity he would do well and he’s shown his versatility in past years with the triple doubles. It makes no sense for him to “be in the dog house” to this degree. Kuz has been balling but Randle definitely deserves a bigger role. 

If he was nearly 7 feet tall he would get a bigger role. He fits well next to the lakers best players but he's a midget for a big man

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To all the Randle haters:

  • Julius hasn't even played 3 full seasons yet
  • His FG % has jumped from 42 to 48 to 54 each year
  • His defense is much improved this year

 

We have not seen his ceiling yet... he isn't even a full year older than guys like Kuzma or Hart. With that being said the knock on Julius this year is obviously Luke's rotations. He is like Steve Kerr and wants to start a traditional center even if that center ends up playing 10 minutes. He also loves rotating different guys at centers (Lopez, Bogut, Nance, Randle), which is maddening for Randle/Lopez owners. He doesn't try playing Kuzma any SF minutes (which means absolutely no PF minutes for randle) so it looks like the rotations we have seen are gonna stick for the rest of the year. As a laker fan I like the progression we have seen from Julius and wish he would not have this leash on him. If he goes elsewhere expect a major jump in his numbers, especially his assists as we saw last year he's capable of some triple doubles. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, two0six said:

To all the Randle haters:

  • Julius hasn't even played 3 full seasons yet
  • His FG % has jumped from 42 to 48 to 54 each year
  • His defense is much improved this year

 

We have not seen his ceiling yet... he isn't even a full year older than guys like Kuzma or Hart. With that being said the knock on Julius this year is obviously Luke's rotations. He is like Steve Kerr and wants to start a traditional center even if that center ends up playing 10 minutes. He also loves rotating different guys at centers (Lopez, Bogut, Nance, Randle), which is maddening for Randle/Lopez owners. He doesn't try playing Kuzma any SF minutes (which means absolutely no PF minutes for randle) so it looks like the rotations we have seen are gonna stick for the rest of the year. As a laker fan I like the progression we have seen from Julius and wish he would not have this leash on him. If he goes elsewhere expect a major jump in his numbers, especially his assists as we saw last year he's capable of some triple doubles. 

 

I feel like he has a boat load off untouched potential and agree when you say we haven't seen his ceiling yet. It pains me to say this as a laker fan but I feel like a change of team will help him become the player he can potentially be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, erick2008e said:

 

I feel like he has a boat load off untouched potential and agree when you say we haven't seen his ceiling yet. It pains me to say this as a laker fan but I feel like a change of team will help him become the player he can potentially be.

glad to see a fellow laker fan agree, Luke once again limited the **** out of Randle for no apparent reason. MIN had KAT+Gibson/Dieng the whole 4th and Luke decides to leave in Ennis or go ultra small. Its not like KCP (Mr. Brick Layer) or Clarkson are great ball movers + Kuzma cannot guard anyone (no hate on Kuz tho but its sad seeing that he has no leash as opposed to Randle). Nance is not better than Julius too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, two0six said:

glad to see a fellow laker fan agree, Luke once again limited the **** out of Randle for no apparent reason. MIN had KAT+Gibson/Dieng the whole 4th and Luke decides to leave in Ennis or go ultra small. Its not like KCP (Mr. Brick Layer) or Clarkson are great ball movers + Kuzma cannot guard anyone (no hate on Kuz tho but its sad seeing that he has no leash as opposed to Randle). Nance is not better than Julius too.

 

I'm all for the Lakers youth movement and against them trying to sigh 2 max free agents( I don't think LeBron or Paul George are coming to LA. DMC now that's a different story). I rather see them sign one free agent and develop the young talent such as Randle. Let the guy play! He's been getting better and better every year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

amazing what he's been able to produce in limited minutes this year!

16/7/2 on 70% shooting in 18 minutes and change... let the man play

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The TNT crew was in love with him last night...someone dropped him in my league for Ellington a couple days ago, I just picked him up. Hopefully he takes that momentum he got last night into this week, he played great.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he was cut in my league also and i picked him up a couple days ago.

He looked good monday night  and I was looking forward to him getting more minutes.

But tonight was another story - 11 minutes of crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tesla said:

he was cut in my league also and i picked him up a couple days ago.

He looked good monday night  and I was looking forward to him getting more minutes.

But tonight was another story - 11 minutes of crap.

Which is why I subsequently cut him a day later for Jones...Luke does not know how to utilize his players. 11 minutes is unbelievable. He's running Kuzma into the ground, and it's not like Nance and Lopez were playing any better. Terrible coaching. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

Which is why I subsequently cut him a day later for Jones...Luke does not know how to utilize his players. 11 minutes is unbelievable. He's running Kuzma into the ground, and it's not like Nance and Lopez were playing any better. Terrible coaching. 

 

well he's gone now.  hopefully, i dont lose FT% this week because of him.

I dropped him for Will Barton who was dropped the other day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lakers had a team meeting yesterday where players had a chance to voice their frustrations. Randle now starting tonight... big opportunity for him right here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16/7 with 1 steal and 1 block in 24 minutes...he was on my wire, and I had to get him. I'm hoping that this "venting of frustration" meeting made Luke and management realize that Randle deserves more minutes. He has so much upside, you almost have to roster him. But I have THJ on IL set to return. Such a tough decision. But I believe Randle deserves minutes, he did well against DJ tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First half stats:

14 minutes, 19 points 10 rebounds

 

Luke, see what happens when you play Julius 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best big on the Lakers. 

 

Kuzma best wing and overall player.

 

Lonzo playing well before injury. 

 

Lakers should pray that they can off load Deng contract to sign Lebron, etc as they have a solid core. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.