boytoy

Draymond Green 2017-2018 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, Shredded said:

If green doesn't get hurt no way they lose 

People that actually played organized ball understand the value of draymond. Dude is very special.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

Yeah, he landed awkwardly on a drive and came up limping. Was healthy enough to shoot free throws and stay in for a bit. 

Kobe Bryant completely tore his Achilles and was able to shoot free throws too.

1 minute ago, lbjames6 said:

This is not the thought we need right now.

• Sad 2

Just now, lbjames6 said:

Sure. I didn't speculate on the severity of the injury, I just gave an accurate description of what happened. It wasn't like the Hayward injury where you knew right away it was a season ender. Could go either way. 

3 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

Sure. I didn't speculate on the severity of the injury, I just gave an accurate description of what happened. It wasn't like the Hayward injury where you knew right away it was a season ender. Could go either way. 

I only said that because you said he was "healthy enough to shoot free throws..."

EDIT: Just watched the replay again after having watched it live...two things I noticed:

1. It was non-contact

2. His knee buckled and he was limping immediately. He was also ruled out relatively quick.

I am not a doctor. I repeat, I am not a doctor. But I've watched a s*** ton of sports and seen a lot people get injured. I hope he's ok, but I'd be sweating bricks if I were the Warriors or a manager.

Edited by lbjames6

Just now, adifferentlogik said:

Without Draymond GSW is hella average. 

His passing and elite defense and leadership makes them the superteam 

I don't think there's going to be good news here. Watching that injury I'd say best case he's out 4-6 weeks with a grade 1 sprain. But could very well be a torn ACL - most common non contact knee injury.

Fack.

Update - he's not speaking to media tonight...when does he NOT do that?!

God I hope I'm wrong 

Edited by Slickthenick

15 minutes ago, Shredded said:

His passing and elite defense and leadership makes them the superteam 

A lot of people don't recognize his skill in the timing of his passes. Sets up the shooters at the exact moment they need them. You cant teach that.

Edited by bhkim814

7 minutes ago, Slickthenick said:

I don't think there's going to be good news here. Watching that injury I'd say best case he's out 4-6 weeks with a grade 1 sprain. But could very well be a torn ACL - most common non contact knee injury.

Fack.

Update - he's not speaking to media tonight...when does he NOT do that?!

God I hope I'm wrong 

Dude. Relax

“Warriors forward Draymond Green told ESPN's The Undefeated that his knee is "very sore" and he will get it looked at on Wednesday. Good news was he walked out on his own power and said he doesn't think the injury was major.”

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

“Warriors forward Draymond Green told ESPN's The Undefeated that his knee is "very sore" and he will get it looked at on Wednesday. Good news was he walked out on his own power and said he doesn't think the injury was major.”

Thanks for that update, my blood pressure just went way down! :lol:

Walking out on his own power doesn't really speak to the severity. Most (single)  ligament injuries are weight bearing as tolerated right after the injury.

Going to wait at least 12 hours before declaring my fantasy season over before it really began :P

If Draymond is out for an extended period, what do you guys think of Bell as a pickup? He put up some impressive numbers in SL and preseason. Could GS give him the bulk of the minutes?