• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
brockpapersizer

Kevin Gausman 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

He is throwing a lot of strikes...that is a good sign right?

Yeah, a 4 seam fastball that moves right into the middle of the plate and right on the sweet spot of every bat.

Amazing how this guy is in the Majors and can't make a simple in game adjustment like moving his stance on the rubber so the ball crosses on the corners and not in the middle.  #highschool stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

He is throwing a lot of strikes...that is a good sign right?

Be a better sign if a few less wouldn't be HRs. Three in four innings is never a good sign.

Solid 4 frames today

• Haha 1

He was sitting at 91-93, he simply can't live in the zone throwing that hard. 

Wouldn’t be the first week of the season without a rage drop

If he felt good today, I'd hate to see a start when he wasn't feeling good. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Crono139 said:

The pitcher equivalent of "It's not me, it's you."

• Like 1

On 12/15/2017 at 9:31 PM, azeri98 said:

If history repeats itself he will get drafted then dumped and you can pick him up off the WW in June.

I'm just going to requote myself

I don't do rage drops anymore. I didn't know what to expect when I started GasCan today but the ultimate outcome did not surprise me.

I will continue to hold GasCan for now but something tells me I will not be starting GasCan in NY next week. I'd put the O/U under HRs allowed by GasCan in that matchup as exactly the # he gave up today: 3. If he actually has a decent outing there that's great but I do plan to continue to hold onto GasCan for a least a couple weeks although have to say I am not proud to own GasCan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Benched until he plays TB

• Like 1

11 hours ago, verycoolnin said:

If he felt good today, I'd hate to see a start when he wasn't feeling good. 

I've seen 20 of them. Or take his career starts and subtract about five. That's how many I've witnessed. He and Velasquez can fight over worst pitcher to make 30 starts all year 

Basically opens every season as a dumpster fire and closes pretty strong.  @azeri98 has given the right advice on Gausman.  I've got him on my scout team and will wait until he is dumped by his current owner and then pick him up later in the season if he is available.

On 4/1/2018 at 1:57 PM, Elviplatinum said:

Yeah, a 4 seam fastball that moves right into the middle of the plate and right on the sweet spot of every bat.

Amazing how this guy is in the Majors and can't make a simple in game adjustment like moving his stance on the rubber so the ball crosses on the corners and not in the middle.  #highschool stuff.

http://www.pitcherlist.com/going-deep-why-its-okay-to-believe-in-kevin-gausman-this-year/

Supposedly he did move where he stands last year.  Not sure where he stood Sunday

On 2/26/2018 at 1:38 PM, danp said:

292d6b55a99d38668282d65f768b667c--fool-m

So is he worth a pickup at this point, because up to this point, this meme has been spot on for him. 

OK - I think the finger can be taken off the panic button after the last two starts. 

he was great today - by his admittedly low standards: 6IP 9 baserunners 3ER 7K + QS.

Rage drops rarely work out well so I refrained. I reserve the right to do so later but he's too talented to give up on so early imo.