Sign in to follow this  
MONEY BALL

Wilson Chandler 2017-2018 Season Outlook

9 minutes ago, backyardballer said:

Probably due to injury. Minutes have been there so I'm going to hold and see if he can't get better next week.

He's eligible for 3 positions in Yahoo leagues, which makes him worth holding as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trusthaprocess said:

How does everyone his outlook as being, with Millsap out? 

Read the last couple pages of the thread where that is discussed 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Read the last couple pages of the thread where that is discussed 

giphy.gif

Things have changed since the last game though, Faried actually had a good game, so I don't know if Chandler's minutes will be affected from that, considering he laid an egg his last game as well. 

He's got this week to prove himself. I'll let him off against UTAH but the LAL and CHI game he best do something or it's drop city.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://www.fantasypros.com/nba/news/139841/paul-millsap-wrist-out-indefinitely-.php

With that said, Wilson Chandler is the biggest benefactor cause he will continue to start and should see a boost in boards.

I managed to snag him off the wire last night, someone was scared off by his injury. Hopefully he starts putting up numbers like he did last year, now that he's had some time to rest. 

hard to hold onto this guy right now with his back problems..realize with Milsap out hes the biggest winner but cant win anything with him being out with no real idea of when this back issue will be gone..anyone drop?

I've dropped him - think his back issues may be worse than he originally thought when he tried to play through it. Actually picked up Faried in place of him since I needed the boards.

50 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

hard to hold onto this guy right now with his back problems..realize with Milsap out hes the biggest winner but cant win anything with him being out with no real idea of when this back issue will be gone..anyone drop?

I dropped today, if he's healthy he benefits the most but he was a borderline hold before. If he's not playing games I don't see a point in holding because it's not like the upside is through the roof.

Just now, greatestmetfan said:

I dropped today, if he's healthy he benefits the most but he was a borderline hold before. If he's not playing games I don't see a point in holding because it's not like the upside is through the roof.

same reasoning i had..i think im going to follow suit

How much longer you guys willing to hold? He just don't have it this year even without Jokic and Millsap.

So what have we here? Last time he was talked about was December 9th when he just had very mediocre game. I haven't been looking into him at all, but just happened to get him as a throw-in in a bigger trade. I'm contemplating a drop, but obviously will do my due diligence on his real value before that.

After the last comment here, he dropped 18/8 with 37 minutes, block and a steal. After that he took turns with 26-27 and 36-37 minute games. Curious on why so. Well, maybe not too curious as after December 15th he has played 8 games with 30 or more minutes per game. He has .75 blocks, 0.5 steals, 7.9 rebs, 1.4 3PM, 1.75 ast and 11.5 points per game on that period. His Fg% is .408 and free throw % horrible .423 (did I even count right, he isn't that bad usually, not even close).

So the minutes are very nice at this moment, last two weeks real high 35 even. There is room for improvement on shooting percentages, but the dip in points seems to be permanent. Maybe he can get to 13 points with better shooting.  His rebounding is gladly up, maybe his role is to clean up the glass more now? He is under his norm on assists too but higher numbers are unlikely. He just isn't touching the ball enough. Blocks and steals seem to be around where they normally are. I think the fact that he is high on minutes, but low on his averages just tells he doesn't have the role or capability to put up stats that he used to. 

And the Chinese kid on his neck is very bothersome to look at too. Hmm...

Well, maybe I'll hold on him for now. As long as he is hitting that 34 minute mark he should hoover close to his old numbers. If he shoots it little bit better maybe he could average (in 34 mins) close to 13 points and 7+ rebs per game with almost 2 assists and 1.5 3pm. He has 4 games next week. I'll re-evaluate the situation after this week and a half stretch. If something comes up on the waivers I'll move on.

All aboard the Wilson "Boring" Chandler train!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

After the last comment here, he dropped 18/8 with 37 minutes, block and a steal. After that he took turns with 26-27 and 36-37 minute games. Curious on why so. Well, maybe not too curious as after December 15th he has played 8 games with 30 or more minutes per game. He has .75 blocks, 0.5 steals, 7.9 rebs, 1.4 3PM, 1.75 ast and 11.5 points per game on that period. His Fg% is .408 and free throw % horrible .423 (did I even count right, he isn't that bad usually, not even close).

His ft percentage isn't .423 lol. What numbers were you looking at?

his FT is .847

i even looked at tyson chandler maybe u miss checked but no his is at .64

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I counted wrong column. HIS 3pt shooting %! So, .423 is good for that, lol. But yeah, he won't be closing on that 13 points then it seems. Not much room for improvement on percentages and he is fourth-fifth option on the court. Just looked at his highlights when he had 21 points and it was mostly post-ups against lesser competition like Jake Layman or whatever that stiffs name is. Still a hold for next week as Gerald Green got bought from the waiver.

Edited by JormaJormala

He's been the #41 player in 9-cat over the past week with 32+ mins/game. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Nice last two games for him. Took I flier on him, just forgot there is Milsap coming back.

Rotoworld blurb is hilarious. Writer is high as hell. Does he not know last 3 games were blowouts?  Drop Lyles?  Wtf?  Shoot. I'll never drop Lyles until Sapper is back. Don't listen to that garbage.  Chandler is no hot pick up. He is either rostered or not. My weed sucks  those guys smokin the daily dream 

Edited by Bugs bunny

29 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Rotoworld blurb is hilarious. Writer is high as hell. Does he not know last 3 games were blowouts?  Drop Lyles?  Wtf?  Shoot. I'll never drop Lyles until Sapper is back. Don't listen to that garbage.  Chandler is no hot pick up. He is either rostered or not. My weed sucks  those guys smokin the daily dream 

Didn't watch the games but the box scores tell a different story.

den2.png

40 minutes ago, dorwell said:

Didn't watch the games but the box scores tell a different story.

den2.png

I watched both. Yep box scores always tell a different story is right. Not to mention,  look at the opponents.

Edited by Bugs bunny

Not to mention, look at the opponents.