Sign in to follow this  
crazybob60

Jordan Clarkson 2017-2018 Season Outlook

13 minutes ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Yea, I saw that, especially in the first quarter. I think he started 1 of 5. People are so hesitant on him, I don't know, I feel he is so efficienct and only getting better. Everyone is underrating him and just waiting for him to 'cool' off.

def the best scorer on the lakers, kcp aint got s--- on him in that department

2 hours ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Didn't see the game, what happened?

bench player, wasn't having a good game, coach went elsewhere tonight

11 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

Is he worth an add at this point, or will Lonzo keep eating at his minutes?

Really depends on your needs. The good thing with him is that he doesn't really hurt you at all. Great %'s with consistent points in the 12-20 and more likely than not a three and a steal. His output will probably not change much at all, even with Lonzo, because Clarkson is their go to guy/scorer in the bench unit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Really depends on your needs. The good thing with him is that he doesn't really hurt you at all. Great %'s with consistent points in the 12-20 and more likely than not a three and a steal. His output will probably not change much at all, even with Lonzo, because Clarkson is their go to guy/scorer in the bench unit.

Good points, his FT% has been slipping, but the FG% is nice. I just wish he would get more assists. I just traded for John Wall, and he got injured, so Clarkson is the best PG on the waiver wire. I'm in a tough spot. 

GS lineup favored him, but the minutes were still amazing. The lakers simply play better when he is on the court. Such a shame that they couldn't get that W. It would have further solidified his usage

The most efficient scorer on the Lakers is spending the fourth quarter on the bench almost every night just so the coach doesn't get shouted by the other PG's dad on Sportscenter, what a time to be alive.

• Haha 1

Since I own both I was comparing my team and found the numbers funny... this guy is averaging better numbers than Jamal Murray with half the hype..

Player A: 15 pts 3 ast 3 reb 0.7 stl 1.8 TOs with 1.2 threes per game on 49% FG 

Player B: 13 pts 2 ast 3 reb 0.7 stl 2.1 TOs with 1.1 threes per game on 42% FG

And Player A is Clarkson. Granted he's older and has Lonzo in front of him, but still, found it interesting. Of course he might not have 30pt games like Murray but he's definitely more consistent this season so far.

13 minutes ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

I just switched him for Ariza and he plays an incredible game today. Already miss him..underrated

I own him and you won't be missing much. It's a 16 teamer so ya know he has some value there...but games like this from him are few and far in-between. He's barely been a top 200 player the last month.

Edited by HK-47
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HK-47 said:

I own him and you won't be missing much. It's a 16 teamer so ya know he has some value there...but games like this from him are few and far in-between. He's barely been a top 200 player the last month.

For what it's worth though, fantasy aside, I think the lakers are always a better and more menacing team when he is on the court.

Lakers looking like they will probably be active in trades this season. Thoughts on if Clarkson will be traded? is he a starter on another team?

A trade to another garbage team where he actually started could help him.

Just dropped him though, gives you virtually nothing except points and the efficiency that gave him worthwhile value earlier in the season has gone. I expect Ball's minutes are probably only going to increase towards the end of the season too.

Good stream for points but doesn't have holding value in 12 team leagues.

• Like 2

On 12/15/2017 at 7:08 PM, JStyles said:

A trade to another garbage team where he actually started could help him.

Just dropped him though, gives you virtually nothing except points and the efficiency that gave him worthwhile value earlier in the season has gone. I expect Ball's minutes are probably only going to increase towards the end of the season too.

Good stream for points but doesn't have holding value in 12 team leagues.

Agreed, his fools gold numbers are tough to drop but i've been better off without him. 

Any idea where Clarkson might be traded to?

And whether it would be an improvement on the 12-team bench piece that he is?