sunz0r

Nikola Vucevic 2017-2018 Season Outlook

6 minutes ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Thoughts on this? I wish there was a more solid timetable for his return. Only about 2 weeks left before fantasy playoffs (in my league).

More specifics:

``I’m going to do a couple of drills where it’s controlled contact, I guess, where I’m doing stuff with (assistant coaches) Matt (Hill) and Corliss (Williamson) and playing with them and they will hit me and see how I react to that,’’ Vucevic said on Tuesday prior to the Magic’s game in Houston. ``After a couple of days of that I should be good to go for full contact with the team and all. That’s one of the biggest steps I need to clear for full contact.’’

7 hours ago, ItaliaBBALL said:
Thoughts on this? I wish there was a more solid timetable for his return. Only about 2 weeks left before fantasy playoffs (in my league).

It has seemed pretty obvious with the 6-8 week timetable from injury date (Dec 23) that he will be coming back right after the ASB. Six weeks is Feb 3, trade deadline is Feb 8, eight weeks is the day of the ASG, post-ASB games begin something like two days later. Bone fractures heal at a pretty predictable rate, and his progression has followed a very normal timetable. It doesn't get a lot more solid than that.

Practiced fully today so I have no idea why he is not close to a return?? How is this guy not a week away from returning when his conditioning should be good to go?? 

I think they’re just trying to stifle expectations that he’ll be back before the ASB. It’s not a lower leg injury or anything. If he’s practicing, theoretically, he should be close. 

You can practice with the team without being healthy and doing very limited work...

9 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

You can practice with the team without being healthy and doing very limited work...

He practiced in full today. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SadDadParty said:

I think they’re just trying to stifle expectations that he’ll be back before the ASB. It’s not a lower leg injury or anything. If he’s practicing, theoretically, he should be close. 

This. 

I say hes back within 2 weeks.

BBM changed his date back to 2/14 instead of after ASB

Edited by necro892003

2 hours ago, mcflywalker said:

Why does that guy keep making it sound like Vuc is done for the season?

Yeah this reporter is really annoying, it's not the 1st time he's used confusing language like this. Imminent really means "immediate", but the way he's using it is so bizarre, like either he is trying to be purposefully vague because he knows something (like they're being held out longer bc they're tanking or looking to trade) or he's just a bad writer, considering the whole point of writing is to communicate ideas haha, and this accomplishes the complete opposite! Why not just say they're a week or 2 away or whatever...multiple tweets with the word "imminent" is just flat out strange. 

2 hours ago, necro892003 said:

This. 

I say hes back within 2 weeks.

BBM changed his date back to 2/14 instead of after ASB

That's the game before the break.  If they don't bring him back next week, I'd imagine they would hold him out until the break.

7 minutes ago, WorldFootballStore said:

If he is already practicing in full, why would they not play him next week?

Like they said above, I think they are just trying to temper expectations. He should be ready to play, worst case scenario, right after the all star break. Give it a couple more practices and he should be good. I would, however, pay attention to the trade deadline..I have seen his name come up recently in the rumor mill.

2 hours ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Like they said above, I think they are just trying to temper expectations. He should be ready to play, worst case scenario, right after the all star break. Give it a couple more practices and he should be good. I would, however, pay attention to the trade deadline..I have seen his name come up recently in the rumor mill.

What teams have been trading for him?

4 minutes ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Anyone worried that he gets shut down?

Hell no he won’t lol it’s just a non shooting hand injury if anything he will be back after the all star break at the latest

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

if he will be starting on that other team, then im good, I'd have vucevic starting in another team while Biyombo continues to start and stash Isaac, that would be beneficial to most owners

They are affraid he gets hurt before trade deadline, hence they don't let him play although he is currently heathy enough to play.

If he stays in Orlando after the trade deadline, I'm sure he will play the very next game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Akauders said:

They are affraid he gets hurt before trade deadline, hence they don't let him play although he is currently heathy enough to play.

If he stays in Orlando after the trade deadline, I'm sure he will play the very next game.

i like this

What would his value look like in the Wizards? There's a lot of talk, mainly by fans, about possibly giving Orlando Gortat and a 1st round pick for Vucevic.

2 minutes ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

What would his value look like in the Wizards? There's a lot of talk, mainly by fans, about possibly giving Orlando Gortat and a 1st round pick for Vucevic.

It would take a hit but I'd imagine he could still be top 50 easily on the wizards. Wall used to be excellent at getting gortat involved but now gortat is too old and slow. He would be the 3rd option on offense though instead of the 1st most nights on the magic. Mostly would be a drop in points and free throw attempts