DLove

Jae Crowder 2017-2018 Season Outlook

47 minutes ago, thusanaysayer said:

I love this move, Utah needed a mobile 3/4 who can defend and shoot (most likely 4 w. Utah) and fits well alongside Gobert.  

Also Quin Synder is another one of those coaches who can bring out the best in players. 

I could be dead wrong, but I think Crowder's fantasy value will be resurrected 

I agree. His trade here is not talked about much. I think it was one of the best trades of the day. Like Utah  a lot, they can really cause havoc going into the playoffs. Very stingy team.

Yes, not bad at all. 

Crowder looking good for his 1st game.

Even though Rubio is out today, I think Crowder will have a significant role on his new team.

I saw a lot of tonight's game.. I really like the fit for Jae Crowder on Jazz. It's easily one of the least talked about trades and it should be up there. His 3&D role fits in well and his aggressiveness showed today on the boards, as well. I like how he too has Jerebko who the announcers had said is Crowder's "best friend" from the Celtics days. It'll make his adjustment period that much smoother. Personally, I would not like to play the Jazz in the playoffs.. (if they get in with this hot streak of 9 straight that can very well continue as they have a friendly home schedule coming up). 

Despite the abomination of Cleveland earlier this year, Crowder was a definitive talent last year.  He can play either the 3 or 4, and was a great 3-d dude.  He's exactly what the Jazz need and he'll get plenty of burn.  I think he'll 6th man and get some real minutes in crunch time since he's probably their best wing defender and most people play small ball this year.  Derrick Favors doesn't really bring anything to the table defensively for them since Gobert has the paint locked up anyway.  

5 minutes ago, brosephd said:

what needs to happen for him to be fantasy relevant. starting lineup? 30 mins off bench

I know it's only his first game there, but a 6th man role off the bench backing up both Ingles and Favors is more than enough to be fantasy relevant to me. Plus he was out on the court during crunch time for his defense. The minutes should be safe and I'd guess around 26-30 depending on the game and the flow of it. 

Side note.. announcers too said Jae's father played for the Jazz. He sounds very, very excited to do well on the Jazz and prove his worth. 

1 hour ago, Kriggly said:

Despite the abomination of Cleveland earlier this year, Crowder was a definitive talent last year.  He can play either the 3 or 4, and was a great 3-d dude.  He's exactly what the Jazz need and he'll get plenty of burn.  I think he'll 6th man and get some real minutes in crunch time since he's probably their best wing defender and most people play small ball this year.  Derrick Favors doesn't really bring anything to the table defensively for them since Gobert has the paint locked up anyway.  

Don’t flame me but i think He should replace ingles in the starting lineup

Edited by JballFan

1 hour ago, JballFan said:

Don’t flame me but i think He should replace ingles in the starting lineup

u must not watch the jazz games but ingles isn't getting replaced...he's a beast 

3 hours ago, brosephd said:

what needs to happen for him to be fantasy relevant. starting lineup? 30 mins off bench

35 mins at least. 

Ingles has been phenomenal for them both offensively and defensively. Joe is a point forward who can hit threes and facilitate, making him invaluable in today's league. Don't think Jae Crowder will replace him in the starting lineup anytime soon. He'll get a lot of minutes though especially when they go small.

Edited by letemfly

Wow. They are playing Favors, Ingles and O'Neale full minutes and still they found him 29 minutes off the bench. Rubio is out, so that is 30 minutes from somebody. Really interesting situation. Let see how it goes when Ricky comes back.

2 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

Wow. They are playing Favors, Ingles and O'Neale full minutes and still they found him 29 minutes off the bench. Rubio is out, so that is 30 minutes from somebody. Really interesting situation. Let see how it goes when Ricky comes back.

Thing is , they essentially traded Hood for Jae . IMO Hoods 28 mins should go to Jae AT LEAST ROS.

I'm adding right now . Only have to decide if my drop is Hill or J.Brown.

4 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

Good point.  I want to add but I'm concerned that Crowder and Royce will split the remaining open minutes.  I'm usually one to add now, see how it plays out later, but I think I'll have to wait a game or two.  If I miss, I miss, but not sure I want to drop someone like Dej Murray yet.

4 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Good point.  I want to add but I'm concerned that Crowder and Royce will split the remaining open minutes.  I'm usually one to add now, see how it plays out later, but I think I'll have to wait a game or two.  If I miss, I miss, but not sure I want to drop someone like Dej Murray yet.

Murray should be coming back soon. I wouldn't drop him either. 

I think he is solid "last man on the roster" add that went under the radar compared to Hill,Bullock etc these days..

Cavs system was obviously disaster,he might be able to give 3s/steals in much  healthier environment

Just scooped him, i haven’t seen him play, just the boxscores so far. The minutes look to be there and if he can carry those avg of 2/15/5/2/1 then I’ll hold him as the 2nd to last guy on my bench. 

Watched last night and I honestly don't even know what his stats were but he looked aggressive and is asked to do more on offense in Utah. Must add in 12 teamers IMO, he just looked like a different player.