• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
jfazz23

Greg Bird 2018 Outlook

9 hours ago, motown magic said:

Moose or Harper will be manning first base byAug 1 st 

You know you're completely sucking when your team is considering trading for a 3B to take your spot in the lineup. Even Cashman's mancrush has it's limits.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

LOL

Not this year but next year Harper most likely

Seriously though, Bird *has* to know that next 2 weeks or so is his window to prove that he belongs in yankee starting lineup, if he doesnt snap out of the suck he will be either benchwarmer, aaaa player or traded to some other club. Pressure is on.

Edited by DJSatane

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, DJSatane said:

Not this year but next year Harper most likely

Seriously though, Bird *has* to know that next 2 weeks or so is his window to prove that he belongs in yankee starting lineup, if he doesnt snap out of the suck he will be either benchwarmer, aaaa player or traded to some other club. Pressure is on.

Like it makes a difference that he knows they will move on soon lol?  The guy is an injury plagued, streaky waste of food imo.  

I can't see the Yanks trading for Harper to play 1b.  Moose would have to come real cheap as he honestly has not hit any better than some of the other options (Walker, Drury, Austin) in the past couple of months.  Besides, starting pitching is the Yanks primary target you would think now that just about everyone knows that Sonny Gray needs to go and can't be allowed to cost us games every 5 days.  The fact that Happ and Hamels both got shelled (Happ by the Yanks themselves) yesterday sort of limits their options in that regard though.  If I had to bet, I suspect Cashman is going to go for a middle level starter on the cheap and some bullpen help.  Probably the best he can do in the current market unless someone unforeseen becomes available or the price on Happ falls.  I can't see Happ and his 4+ ERA being all that appealing to to pennant contender looking for top tier help, but who knows.

Edited by secretagentman

Posted (edited)

bird 3 run homerun, 4 bis today

pulled a 96mph fastball on the inner half

he needs to be more consistent but i wouldnt give up on him still

edit:  his line drive % has doubled over the last ten games while his GB % has been cut in half

hes hitting the ball hard hes just getting unlucky (plus the shift hurts him)

Edited by jfazz23
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

He's also had excellent plate discipline despite the slump and sits at a league average 100 wRC+ despite all the hand-wringing.

Edited by Hanghow
  • Like 1

.901  avg/OPS last 15 games

He's had some devastating lefty lefty matchups in the past week before this baltimore series too. Had Sale/Price.  He's slowly coming out of it.  Decent enough matchup tonight vs Bundy, hopefully he keeps it going

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

.901  avg/OPS last 15 games

He's had some devastating lefty lefty matchups in the past week before this baltimore series too. Had Sale/Price.  He's slowly coming out of it.  Decent enough matchup tonight vs Bundy, hopefully he keeps it going

yep

drawing walks too. 901 OPS is legit....and like i said above, his Line Drive % has doubled in the last 10 games.  hes hitting the ball hard.

didi is NOT a 3 or 4 hitter.  i still think bird can finish the year in between judge and stanton or stanton and sanchez especially against righties.  maybe hicks against lefties.

ALERT ALERT

GREG BIRD IS GOOD.  PICK HIM UP IF YOU STILL CAN.

his first at bat was a K, but he took a 1-2 count to 3-2 and then fouled off pitches until striking out to a nasty Change by bundy (11 pitch at bat i think)

he just hit a Grand slam after fouling off 3 or 4 two strike pitches

Although he is on my bench this week I am glad he is finding his stroke.

finding his stroke - thats stretching it

13 minutes ago, DJSatane said:

finding his stroke - thats stretching it

Tell me how I should have stated it and then I will go back and edit it according to your evaluation.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)

Birds not a superstar but he's a good player. There is nothing wrong with a 260 30 guy who can take a walk.

Rest assured Yanks are looking at Machado for 3rd, not a 1B.

Edited by dkrocka

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, dkrocka said:

Birds not a superstar but he's a good player. There is nothing wrong with a 260 30 guy who can take a walk.

260/30? What's that, his OBP and his average games played per year?

Edited by DoctorPayne
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DoctorPayne said:

260/30? What's that, his OBP and his average games played per year?

Yes he's been injured forever but both his power and eye at the plate are quite good.  His OBP is sure to rise to a very good number if he could hit .260 (I think .240-.250)  and could just stay in the lineup.  Granted a big IF...

Edited by knuckleheads

Took the plunge hoping the recent trends will pay off for the second half.  Don’t have high expectations for tonight, though.

Hey, yes he does have the power, but I still think he is more of a borderline mendoza line hitter.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, DJSatane said:

Hey, yes he does have the power, but I still think he is more of a borderline mendoza line hitter.

Not if you look at his milb numbers.  The problem is he hasn't had a full run at the majors yet so it's way too early/easy to make this claim.   You are talking about a .200 hitter and no 1b is going to be given a shot if that's what the expected outcome would be. 

I don't even own him but kinda wished I did - at least on my bench for awhile...

Edited by knuckleheads

He has struggled mightily to start the season. He still has less than 100 AB vs RHP this year.  Despite that awful start his OPS is above 800 vs RHP.

I see some good times ahead if he can stay health. Corey Kluber tonight though, generally not good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DJSatane said:

Prepare to eat some humble pie. He's basically in spring training right now. Joey Gallo is a Mendoza line hitter. Shave some home runs for BA and u get bird.

We shall see, of course its resonable he can be better hitter than so far indicated, but what remains to be also seen if he can remain healthy long enough to prove it.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2018 at 9:31 PM, dkrocka said:

The original poster was talking about Moose.  Yankees had a scout out in KC last week and the Royals moved Moose to 1B for all three games to showcase him for said scout.

But now Bird hears Moose behind him so Bird starts to fly high to avoid Moose.  Your nature and wildlife update.