adlgx21

Jimmy Butler 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Do y'all expect his production to stay more or less the same ROS with Teague returning?

2 minutes ago, WFK said:

Do y'all expect his production to stay more or less the same ROS with Teague returning?

With or without Teague it doesn't matter. Butler will still put up big numbers even with him back. This is his team.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, WFK said:

Dude was balling even when Teague was in the lineup. He'll be fine.

• Like 6

On 12/30/2017 at 9:43 AM, trusthaprocess said:

#3 player overall for the past 30 days on Fantasypros player rater.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nba/myplaybook/?league=hLZnXTC0tTr8IZw52fPI5hSfi8cBOb7O3nTlEXVWmlz14RpZIzCQpVV0ewunXHM9MMZ4EQrhVrtSK4dx8PqtaKOuSFmA2_Hh&team=8&range=30#playerrater

I did trade Curry to get him, but I feel like this ranking justifies it. What I like about Jimmy is that he doesn't hurt you anywhere. He helps in every single category. He shoots better from the field than Curry (over 50% for the past 30 days), just as good from the FT line, gets as many rebounds and steals as Curry does, slightly less assists, and about half as many turnovers. Curry hits double the amount of 3's that Butler does, that's the main reason why he's ranked higher. Curry is the better fantasy player in a vacuum, but I like Butler ROS. I've watched 3 Wolves games this week, and what I've seen is that Butler is the one who has the ball in his hands late in the shot clock and the game. He is their go to guy. He'll make the right decision most of the time too (less than 2 TO/game). Thibs has a high level of trust in him, he barely comes off the court. Curry will have his rest days, but Butler will continue logging heavy minutes, which he's shown he can handle...I remember when CBS was calling on everyone to buy low on him. Now he's a top 10 player again. 

Curry just sprained his ankle again. This is part of the reason why I made the trade. Butler hasn't disappointed since this post. He'll be a reliable top 10 player the rest of the way. It's his team now. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

Curry just sprained his ankle again. This is part of the reason why I made the trade. Butler hasn't disappointed since this post. He'll be a reliable top 10 player the rest of the way. It's his team now. 

Jimmy Buckets to the rest of the timberwolves:

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, trusthaprocess said:
1 hour ago, Jin said:

Jimmy Buckets to the rest of the timberwolves:

giphy.gif

This 

Just as expected though guys- Butler has more experience and will definitely lead this core through the playoffs. Very excited to see the continued success of Jimmy BUCKETS

• Like 2

From six points at the half to six stocks at the end of the game. Woo-hoo it's magic. 

• Like 1

Since Wolves team defense is getting better, I'm hoping his blk's start creeping up to a 0.6 average.

Still room for improvement in other areas too, like reduced TO's to go along with his increased ast. Could sniff top 5 ROS pretty soon.

It's very encouraging that the Wolves are just barely starting to "click".

11 hours ago, trusthaprocess said:

Another solid day at the office for Jimmy Buckets ;)

since jimmy is ballin i can now tell you that you did terrible trade with curry..but we all do mistakes and if JB continues with this it isnt a total ripoff :)

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Kicker said:

since jimmy is ballin i can now tell you that you did terrible trade with curry..but we all do mistakes and if JB continues with this it isnt a total ripoff :)

I knew that Curry was a top 5 talent, but I had concerns about his ankle and Kerr's random lineup changes. I believed at the time of the trade that Jimmy Buckets was a player who was a safe top 10 player ROS, and was reliable and consistent. It seems like I've been right so far, I'm happy I made the deal, even though Curry went off before his latest injury. Jimmy Buckets is now the 7th overall player in Yahoo leagues, and #3 for the past month, ahead of Curry. 

Edited by trusthaprocess

He has been the #1 player according to FantasyPros since I've traded for him. 

Fantasy Basketball Player Rater

Last 15 Days Stats

Week 13 Projections                               Rest of Season Projections                               Preseason Projections                                                                                       Last 7 Days                               Last 15 Days                               Last 30 Days                               This Season                               Last Season                                                     
RANK
PLAYER
FG%
FT%
3PM
REB
AST
STL
BLK
PTS
OVERALL
1 Jimmy Butler (MIN - SG,SF) 

0.53 6.24 1.20 1.31 3.81 5.00 0.60 3.60 22.30
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

I knew that Curry was a top 5 talent, but I had concerns about his ankle and Kerr's random lineup changes. I believed at the time of the trade that Jimmy Buckets was a player who was a safe top 10 player ROS, and was reliable and consistent. It seems like I've been right so far, I'm happy I made the deal, even though Curry went off before his latest injury. Jimmy Buckets is now the 7th overall player in Yahoo leagues, and #3 for the past month, ahead of Curry. 

I know and understand it,but this is way i look this type of trades so it might help you at future:

players like curry,greek,lebron will perform top 25 easily a their worst form

Players like Jokic,butler, idk kevin love can all crack top15 at some point of the season with difference on their low swings they can dip to 50.

That is what differs this top 5 fantasy players between the rest

Its like people in tim hardaway thread saying he can be top 40 player and he is better asset then mccollum,ok but compare both players when they are off

and see what you will get.cj is top 70 when is out of form,THJ was waiwer material at the beggining of the season when he was off 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kicker said:

I know and understand it,but this is way i look this type of trades so it might help you at future:

players like curry,greek,lebron will perform top 25 easily a their worst form

Players like Jokic,butler, idk kevin love can all crack top15 at some point of the season with difference on their low swings they can dip to 50.

That is what differs this top 5 fantasy players between the rest

Its like people in tim hardaway thread saying he can be top 40 player and he is better asset then mccollum,ok but compare both players when they are off

and see what you will get.cj is top 70 when is out of form,THJ was waiwer material at the beggining of the season when he was off 

Fair points, but Jimmy Buckets has also shown he can put up these kind of numbers, when he was with Chicago. And Curry has had surgery on that same ankle 4 times. So I took those 2 things into account. Butler has a solid track record and hasn't had a major injury history. So I believe I made the safe choice in trading for him. 

• Like 1

Man I feel bad for those who traded Jimmy Bean Butler away in the first month of the season. He has been a top 10 player for like 2 months now.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Man I feel bad for those who traded Jimmy Bean Butler away in the first month of the season. He has been a top 10 player for like 2 months now.

I tried sooooo hard to buy low on him but the owner wouldn't bite. He honestly reminds me of Kawhi Leonard last year fantasy wise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, greatestmetfan said:

I tried sooooo hard to buy low on him but the owner wouldn't bite. He honestly reminds me of Kawhi Leonard last year fantasy wise.

Hopefully for me Kawhi returns to that level as well, but that's spot on. 

He's been killing it lately but yall think he can keep this up?

I'm in a 12 team keeper league and someone offered me McCollum ($13) and Saric ($4) for Butler ($18). The end of my bench is weak so I would benefit from 2 quality players but not sure i wanna give up butler- especially if he keeps playing at this level.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jaystaypaid1 said:

I'm in a 12 team keeper league and someone offered me McCollum ($13) and Saric ($4) for Butler ($18). The end of my bench is weak so I would benefit from 2 quality players but not sure i wanna give up butler- especially if he keeps playing at this level.

Hell no I wouldn't do that

32 minutes ago, jaystaypaid1 said:

I absolutely think he can keep up what he's doing. Jimmy was top 10 last year and looks the same this year. He's one of the best two way players in the game and IMO is an absolute superstar in real life and fantasy.

Expect top 10 numbers moving forward, the only thing that can slow this man down is an injury.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

I absolutely think he can keep up what he's doing. Jimmy was top 10 last year and looks the same this year. He's one of the best two way players in the game and IMO is an absolute superstar in real life and fantasy.

Expect top 10 numbers moving forward, the only thing that can slow this man down is an injury.

I agree. -knocks on wood- but I actually bought a Butler jersey last night... he has me too attached to this T-Wolves team.. Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaystaypaid1 said:

No, keep Butler. He's a superior player than both of them.  

Edited by trusthaprocess

1 hour ago, greatestmetfan said:

This 

• Like 1