Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adlgx21

Jimmy Butler 2017-2018 Season Outlook

8 minutes ago, XOrad10 said:

Smile through it?  He clearly doesn’t own shares of himself in fantasy. 

2 minutes ago, XOrad10 said:

Will return this season! He wont return, when my playoffs start next week! Thank you Jimmy Butler for the season! Held you trough lows and maintained you trough highs! Heal up, Buckets :)! My fantasy season is probably over, but smiling he doesn't have acl!

2 minutes ago, Mambamode said:

Will return this season! He wont return, when my playoffs start next week! Thank you Jimmy Butler for the season! Held you trough lows and maintained you trough highs! Heal up, Buckets :)! My fantasy season is probably over, but smiling he doesn't have acl!

How do you know he'll return this season? This can be weeks to months. I think his season is done (at least fantasy wise) but we shall see.

Just now, sharkpotato said:

How do you know he'll return this season? This can be weeks to months. I think his season is done (at least fantasy wise).

i am very highly optimistic!!

Labeling it an injury rather than something more specific is keeping us from really knowing. This is the best outcome given how it looked though.

I bet the Brandon Roy breakdown is a big bugaboo for young superstars thinking of doing a quick fix on the meniscus though. Unless its actually minor and the wolves feel like they can really make a run I bet they slow walk him at the very least which makes him likely out for all fantasy purposes

3 minutes ago, KaanYeez said:

Guys... whos the pickup

No one! Maybe tyus jones! Trade for Wiggins asap if I were you and trade deadline hasn't passed in your league!

6 minutes ago, KaanYeez said:

Guys... whos the pickup

Bjelica averaged 11.5 points, 7 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 2 3's in 33.5 minutes in starts when Jimmy was hurt earlier

An impatient owner dropped in my 10 team league. Do I use my number 1 waiver to grab him ? 

41 minutes ago, pdids911 said:

omg what does this mean tho

42 minutes ago, KaanYeez said:

Whos the pickup guys

Bjelica is the pickup here, as he will be getting 28-34 minutes per game, and will likely produce around 10-13 PPG / 5-7 RPG / 1.5-2.0 3PM / and is very underrated in the STLs dept.

As for Butler, If its a anthro procedure, we're still probably looking at a 3-week absence..No one will be getting him back until the fantasy playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Gdupm6 said:

An impatient owner dropped in my 10 team league. Do I use my number 1 waiver to grab him ? 

I think you gotta....If you're not struggling to get into the playoffs and can sit pretty, i would do it.

Meniscus tear.  Determining  treatment options. 

Jimmy Butler (knee) has a meniscus tear in his right knee and is determining treatment options, according to Shams Charania of Yahoo! Sports.

That makes the recent official report from the team of an "injury" a little worse. Butler and the Wolves will need to figure out the best treatment plan, which can vary from anywhere from three weeks to the rest of the season. Butler's fantasy owners probably shouldn't be expecting him to return before April, so this is a really tough blow for those headed to the fantasy playoffs. Most of his owners may want to hold on until the surgery plan is revealed, which should be in the coming days. Nemanja Bjelica should be picked up in 12-team leagues.

The only chance he has of returning in the regular season is if the twolves start losing and risk getting knocked out of the playoffs. And of course that's assuming he's medically sooner than most predict.

who can i pickup to replace him

i'm looking for someone who gives me 23 points a game, 2 steals, 5.5 rebounds, 5 assists, 1.5 threes

Tom Thibodeau will address reporters here in Minnesota shortly. But Butler is telling people he plans to be back for playoffs.