adlgx21

Jimmy Butler 2017-2018 Season Outlook

im currently in the second seed but theres 2 weeks left only up by 10 categories so 2 bad weeks i will be forced to play in the first round of the playoffs. I just cant see myself dropping jimmy bean butler

On 2/26/2018 at 4:45 PM, Asapjoshy said:

Nope

On 2/26/2018 at 3:15 PM, Johnnyapplebot said:

So are people who are in first place also dropping?

in first, but playoffs in 2 weeks so I dropped. if he returns in 4 weeks, thats my finals.

4 hours ago, snerpy said:

in first, but playoffs in 2 weeks so I dropped. if he returns in 4 weeks, thats my finals.

Week 20 right now.. hurt week 19

saying possible week 4-6 return so he could be back for late semis 

plus he’s on IL sucks #7 guy gets hurt so close to playoffs ugh

1 hour ago, Asapjoshy said:

Week 20 right now.. hurt week 19

saying possible week 4-6 return so he could be back for late semis 

plus he’s on IL sucks #7 guy gets hurt so close to playoffs ugh

in an no IR league so not really worth the risk.

Fighting for playoffs (was one of many injuries for me) and had Millsap on IL so had to drop him but if you start playoffs week 22 instead of 23 like many competitive leagues I can't see holding him being worthwhile unless you have an open IL. He's coming off a knee injury I doubt he comes back without heavy minutes restriction to keep him fresh for playoffs. I've been down this road before many times in 18 years of fantasy nba and unfortunately history says he won't help us. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

20 hours ago, tredford8 said:

I'm assuming people are holding in roto leagues?

In first place, have a fairly strong bench, and no IL slot. I can't cut him. The 16th man (last on bench) is not going to crack my lineup, and if he does it will be a risky play, and I'm over pace. There is no upside for me in replacing him. Many rosters don't meet this exact and elaborate criteria, so YMMV.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2018 at 1:15 PM, Johnnyapplebot said:

So are people who are in first place also dropping?

I'm locked into the playoffs at this point, but I'm not willing to have an empty roster spot for the first one-two weeks.  If you think you're a lock for the championship, have a league that can manage one injured person, don't have a waiver to stream off of, or have a later playoff than most, I don't think there's any reason to drop him or even ask the question.  There's a distinct possibility he is out on the latter portion of that 6 weeks, or when he comes back that he's in a limited role to not risk injury prior to the playoffs.  

Marv Albert on the TNT broadcast just said that he's out for the regular season. Is that official or was he just generalizing? Haven't seen him formally ruled out on any other outlet. 

Edited by MayorMcCheese

i would also like to know because my playoffs for some reason go until the end of the regular season and if butler can come back in the regular season he would be of use at least in the semi finals or finals

2 hours ago, TheBoondocks said:

=IF(Jimmy+IR,”HOLD”,”DROP”)

Very simple 

This might be the best post I've ever read.  Coming from a guy that works in excel 90% of the work day, this made me chuckle.

• Like 3

According to roto Butler might get back on March 26. My playoff starts March 19th and I will be on a bye that first week so he’s is he worth adding?

13 minutes ago, bmoney0111 said:

According to roto Butler might get back on March 26. My playoff starts March 19th and I will be on a bye that first week so he’s is he worth adding?

you lucky bastard

:D  

45 minutes ago, Stefan said:

you lucky bastard

:D  

hahha im excited, hoping for a not lower than 25 minutes restriction.

was thinking about stashing him then thought too long cause he got scooped. hoping the team gets bounced out before he's able to activate him as I have Bjelica as well. 

planning to be back before playoffs for whoever is in the finals pretty much. however, earliest he can come back by the original timeline of 4-6 weeks would be march 26. also the wolves getting blown out by the rockets so hopefully them sliding forces him to come back faster. 

Edited by brosephd

Wolves close to fringe 8th seed, what are the chances Butler rushes his recovery if they keep losing and slipping with the possibility of missing the playoffs?