jiiiggz

2017-2018 Buy Low / Sell High Thread

12 minutes ago, a-rob said:

And why wouldn't he be? Has been top 30 player for years, what will change this year? IT4??

His HIGHEST ranking in the last three years has been 30.  So no, he hasn't been. I 100% think he'll be around 40 for the remainder of the year.  

6 hours ago, Xmantt said:

That is what i did to him and favors in december. I needed more stocks and assists, and needed to trade favors before gobert could come back. I didn't get 2 top 50 guys for them but i got what i was targeting, and another rookie that i like that unfortunately being shafted till the all star break. But im pretty happy with the result atm, i should now sell my other Markannen in another league.

So this guy is a rookie who is getting more confident every day on a tanking team, his main competition is on his way out (Mirotic), there's little to no chance they will bring another PF back. And you think this is a recipe to sell high? Just don't be disappointed if he keeps posting 20/8 games with 3 triples against you in playoffs. 

LOL

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, rush007 said:

So this guy is a rookie who is getting more confident every day on a tanking team, his main competition is on his way out (Mirotic), there's little to no chance they will bring another PF back. And you think this is a recipe to sell high? Just don't be disappointed if he keeps posting 20/8 games with 3 triples against you in playoffs. 

LOL

I think there is a good chance to bring a PF from Mirotic trade though. Mirotic has a no trade clause which he will not opt out obviously but will push the Bulls to sent him to a team of his liking. That probably means Jazz, and the Jazz have to trade Favors, it makes sense. The good news is, that people have forgot that Favors aint really a PF, he thrives as a Center. So, that being said, even if Favors goes to Chicago he will play at Center and Lauri wont take much of a hit anyway....

10 minutes ago, Manos A said:

I think there is a good chance to bring a PF from Mirotic trade though. Mirotic has a no trade clause which he will not opt out obviously but will push the Bulls to sent him to a team of his liking. That probably means Jazz, and the Jazz have to trade Favors, it makes sense. The good news is, that people have forgot that Favors aint really a PF, he thrives as a Center. So, that being said, even if Favors goes to Chicago he will play at Center and Lauri wont take much of a hit anyway....

Favors can play PF, but there's no way he will replace Markkanen (a stretch 4) in modern NBA. If Favors were successful as a PF next to Gobert, Jazz wouldn't be shipping him anyway. He'll play center, as a result Favors' arrival will hit Portis & RoLo, not Markkanen.

Edited by rush007

2 hours ago, rush007 said:

Favors can play PF, but there's no way he will replace Markkanen (a stretch 4) in modern NBA. If Favors were successful as a PF next to Gobert, Jazz wouldn't be shipping him anyway. He'll play center, as a result Favors' arrival will hit Portis & RoLo, not Markkanen.

Thats what im saying, Favors would play only at the Center position and hurt Rolo to the point of being dropable at all formats

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

His HIGHEST ranking in the last three years has been 30.  So no, he hasn't been. I 100% think he'll be around 40 for the remainder of the year.  

I agree on this one. His last 3 years' rankings are between 30-40. It is easy to see he benefited from being second option on offense and his role is likely to take a small hit now that IT is back.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rush007 said:

You're assuming that Hoiberg is a competent coach who will give Marakannen minutes even after a guy like Favors comes aboard. This is the same guy that buried Mirotic on the bench for years. 

41 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

You're assuming that Hoiberg is a competent coach who will give Marakannen minutes even after a guy like Favors comes aboard. This is the same guy that buried Mirotic on the bench for years. 

Well, yeah, I'm pretty sure he's more competent than us both. To me it's pretty obvious Markkanen is highly valued for the Bulls, and Favors is mostly a center than a PF. No real danger.

1 hour ago, FreeJordanBell said:

Bl Klay Thompson 

Lol. There is no high or low with Klay. He's objectively one of the most consistent players in all of fantasy.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

Lol. There is no high or low with Klay. He's objectively one of the most consistent players in all of fantasy.

I know but the rest and recent low fg got to an owners head in my league. Any small window is worth a try, especially a consistent player like klay.

Edited by FreeJordanBell

14 hours ago, rush007 said:

LOL

He did those stats shooting like 60% all week  against me and still beat the owner that i traded him to, 6-3

SO MUCH FOR YOUR LOL

Edited by Xmantt

On 14/01/2018 at 12:35 AM, Xmantt said:

He did those stats shooting like 60% all week  against me and still beat the owner that i traded him to, 6-3

SO MUCH FOR YOUR LOL

Seriously now. Mirotic is being traded soon (zero chance they'll get another stretch 4 for him, so Markkanen's role is safe), if anything, there's a buy low window on Markkanen since he's still only top-50 in overall rankings. He's already hit the rookie wall earlier this year and this is now his team with Lavine. He's not slowing down any time soon. Slumps will happen, but he's a very, very solid hold.

4 hours ago, KingDURANTULA said:

buy low on ibaka imo esp w/ the strong playoff schedule

That’s dependent on settings and standing. If you’re in default yahoo (PO starting week 21), and you’re at the top of your head-to-head league with a Bye week, owning TOR players is a kiss of death hah. That 2 game finals week will be your downfall.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dboong said:

Roco and nurk for buy low?

How would Nurkic be a buy low? In 9-cat he's actually been slightly less horrible than he usually is over the last week.

3 hours ago, mcflywalker said:

That’s dependent on settings and standing. If you’re in default yahoo (PO starting week 21), and you’re at the top of your head-to-head league with a Bye week, owning TOR players is a kiss of death hah. That 2 game finals week will be your downfall.

This is what I was saying back in October:  you draft Ibaka to win blocks and his two game finals week is going to put you at a significant disadvantage for that category when you need it most (well, second most in most money leagues).  Ibaka's one less game could literally cost you that very scarce category and that category could literally cost you the matchup and that matchup will cost you the ring. 

If you're already doing well in blocks, why buy? If you're not, he's not going to help you in the finals, so just be aware. 

Any ideas of who might be worth trading for right now in hopes they or someone else on their team get traded, in turn making them more valuable than they currently are? My first thought was Julius Randle (trade to Mavs?). Biyambo (Vuc trade)? Any chance Brook Lopez or Zubac get traded?

Edited by Dirty Little Birdie

2 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Any ideas of who might be worth trading for right now in hopes they or someone else on their team get traded, in turn making them more valuable than they currently are? My first thought was Julius Randle (trade to Mavs?). Biyambo (Vuc trade)?

Randle is lackluster to me, but you can probably buy super low on him. I’d say Vuc himself is a buy low target only because of his injury status. If he gets moved, he gets a boost simply because his PO schedule can’t get any worse than the current 3-3-3

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Any ideas of who might be worth trading for right now in hopes they or someone else on their team get traded, in turn making them more valuable than they currently are? My first thought was Julius Randle (trade to Mavs?). Biyambo (Vuc trade)? Any chance Brook Lopez or Zubac get traded?

Bobby Portis. I think it's a great buy low opportunity, Mirotić is as good as gone, and they are shopping RoLo too.