BMart519

Marquese Chriss 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Cant believe I baught into the hype. 3.3 rebs for a PF...geezus man unacceptable. i burned a 7th rounder on him i need to wait another week or two and see where he goes with the new coach.

Hopefully this guy's trajectory isn't that of Tyrus Thomas. When I watch him, I get this sinking feeling that I'm watching Tyrus out there. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tremixt said:

Hopefully this guy's trajectory isn't that of Tyrus Thomas. When I watch him, I get this sinking feeling that I'm watching Tyrus out there. 

There is something about Chriss that just seems off. He looks like he is doing the team a favor by playing. If you watch a kid like John Collins play you see a guy that puts everything on the line to be great. 

Chriss is also the kind of player that will put up duds when you start and the weeks/days you decide you've had enough and bench he goes off. 

• Like 1

I dropped him for Brooks. Then I scooped him up again when Watson was fired..he got great game, then two stinkers..and now Im mentally tired of him..dont know what to do now...he ll be inconsistent and I think Im ready to drop him again for Bender

4 minutes ago, LuckyLukas said:

I dropped him for Brooks. Then I scooped him up again when Watson was fired..he got great game, then two stinkers..and now Im mentally tired of him..dont know what to do now...he ll be inconsistent and I think Im ready to drop him again for Bender

Just try to trade him to someone that values him. Bender is gonna be 10 times more inconsistent and he is definitely not better than Chriss

I feel like everyone who wants to drop him is overracting due to lack of patience. Dropping Chriss makes sense to me only in really shallow leagues (like 8 teams or 10 teams) for picking a hot free agent like J Brown, or a forgotten one like J Rich.

Just now, Manos A said:

Just try to trade him to someone that values him. Bender is gonna be 10 times more inconsistent and he is definitely not better than Chriss

Yeah, Bender is probably not the best pickup for Chriss, but I strongly consider picking up Holmes...I tried to trade him in package but without success..and hes been on the wire for sometime when I dropped him

wasnt chriss on fire end of last year. i remember some monster, fantasy stud lines. what happened to him.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LuckyLukas said:

Yeah, Bender is probably not the best pickup for Chriss, but I strongly consider picking up Holmes...I tried to trade him in package but without success..and hes been on the wire for sometime when I dropped him

No love for Chriss huh? lol. I would suggest you give him at least 2 weeks before droppping him though. The team believes in him and he never had the chance to show what he can do in these first games.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Manos A said:

No love for Chriss huh? lol. I would suggest you give him at least 2 weeks before droppping him though. The team believes in him and he never had the chance to show what he can do in these first games.

The Suns believing in him is not a good inditement on his talent level. They have absolutely no clue what they're doing. Chriss is a terrible real life NBA player. He reminds me alot of Terrance Jones, bad player that can put up good stats (sometimes). 

2 minutes ago, Soccer8098 said:

The Suns believing in him is not a good inditement on his talent level. They have absolutely no clue what they're doing. Chriss is a terrible real life NBA player. He reminds me alot of Terrance Jones, bad player that can put up good stats (sometimes). 

Well the Suns know what they have to do, they just dont know how yet. I think its too early in his career to be condemned and compared to Terrance Jones. Chriss is gonna get his chance, im confident in that. Maybe you are right and he is no good, but its early is all im sayin. 

i'm thinking of swapping for Noguiera

Hopefully, someone else will pick up Chriss and then i dont have to spend time thinking about him any more.

he's a strong drop candidate now, he reminds me of tristan thompson, lanky and stupid, low basketball IQ, moves slow

1 hour ago, tesla said:

i'm thinking of swapping for Noguiera

Hopefully, someone else will pick up Chriss and then i dont have to spend time thinking about him any more.

but why bebe? bebe will always be just a stream option unless ibaka and valanciunas get major injuries. and they are probable for tomorrow, so you get 0 production and you drop someone who at least still produce something tomorrow vs the wizards.

Bender is better than Chriss. Watch the games and you will see. Bender is avging 9pts 5rebs 2 3s 1.5blks the past two games, also finishing both games ahead of Chriss. 

Chriss' attitude stinks.  Having Earl Watson as a coach has probably given this guy an undeserved sense of entitlement.  Watson did nothing but blow smoke up his young players' asses and had them go out there and play pickup basketball for basically his entire tenure.  They got the stats but looked like they barely learned or picked up anything except a high opinion of themselves.  

Booker is the same.  When he came into the league he was all about hard work, learning from the vets yadda yadda yadda.  Come his sophomore season and he's acting like he's an allstar already.  Mouthing off to players on the court, playing for his own shot and being a straight up ball hog.  It looked like the guy started buying into his own hype and Phoenix's roster looked like a group of petulant teenagers with Tyson Chandler sitting on the bench praying some team will come and trade for him and his massive contract.

Now all of a sudden Phoenix are trying to play with some structure and the guy who actually has some bball IQ in Booker is playing somwhat better and Chriss is struggling.  Anyway...

Chriss was labelled a project when he was drafted, he was a project last season, and he's still a project now.  He'll be inconsistent and as long as he puts in the work he'll improve albeit slowly.  He's got the talent he just doesn't have the brains.  supposedly he has the work ethic so we'll see.  

I don't think he gets close to last seasons post-ASB numbers but he still has the unique 1-1-1 ability so he's probably worth hanging onto.

3 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

Chriss' attitude stinks.  Having Earl Watson as a coach has probably given this guy an undeserved sense of entitlement.  Watson did nothing but blow smoke up his young players' asses and had them go out there and play pickup basketball for basically his entire tenure.  They got the stats but looked like they barely learned or picked up anything except a high opinion of themselves.  

Booker is the same.  When he came into the league he was all about hard work, learning from the vets yadda yadda yadda.  Come his sophomore season and he's acting like he's an allstar already.  Mouthing off to players on the court, playing for his own shot and being a straight up ball hog.  It looked like the guy started buying into his own hype and Phoenix's roster looked like a group of petulant teenagers with Tyson Chandler sitting on the bench praying some team will come and trade for him and his massive contract.

Now all of a sudden Phoenix are trying to play with some structure and the guy who actually has some bball IQ in Booker is playing somwhat better and Chriss is struggling.  Anyway...

Chriss was labelled a project when he was drafted, he was a project last season, and he's still a project now.  He'll be inconsistent and as long as he puts in the work he'll improve albeit slowly.  He's got the talent he just doesn't have the brains.  supposedly he has the work ethic so we'll see.  

I don't think he gets close to last seasons post-ASB numbers but he still has the unique 1-1-1 ability so he's probably worth hanging onto.

plus he isn't very good at basketball. 

• Like 2

Bender is doing great, he just needs to start knocking down those shots...he can def push chriss outta his starting position

Chriss only got 21 mins. and Bender got 26 mins... I'm very worried this new coach gonna implement this timesharing going forward for the rest of the season...