BMart519

Marquese Chriss 2017-2018 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

Per 36min he's avging 15 fouls. Unless your league counts fouls as a category, this guy is garbage. I don't know why y'all like him (stocks I get it)

He can win MVP this year. He’s that good IMO 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Shredded said:

He can win MVP this year. He’s that good IMO 

bahhahaha

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, python3 said:

He didn't.  He had 5.

He thinks he's playing football 

You are right that he fouls too much.  That was something everybody was hoping he would get under control.  Still, the same applies to that as it does with the mess that was last night's game.  It was one game.  Maybe if he gets his minutes, things work out and he actually does take the next step forward that people were hoping he would.

Do I think he's a legit even Top 40 player or anything close to that for this season?  I doubt it.  I took him in Round 9 (Pick 107)  based on the potential, but I also was never ready to shout from the rooftops that he's a great player.  He was actually on my bench last night, so he technically wasn't even projected to be one of my main regular guys to start the season.

21 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

You are right that he fouls too much.  That was something everybody was hoping he would get under control.  Still, the same applies to that as it does with the mess that was last night's game.  It was one game.  Maybe if he gets his minutes, things work out and he actually does take the next step forward that people were hoping he would.

Do I think he's a legit even Top 40 player or anything close to that for this season?  I doubt it.  I took him in Round 9 (Pick 107)  based on the potential, but I also was never ready to shout from the rooftops that he's a great player.  He was actually on my bench last night, so he technically wasn't even projected to be one of my main regular guys to start the season.

Why would you bench a top 15 ROS player?

Outside of the 2 season-ending injuries...i think i have 2 or 3 of the biggest disappointments of the first 2 days of the season on my roster.

Chriss and Jamal Murray.   Ariza may be 3rd.

6 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

Outside of the 2 season-ending injuries...i think i have 2 or 3 of the biggest disappointments of the first 2 days of the season on my roster.

could be worse.  Stanley Johnson. 

There are players that come in for short stints and produce. He's not one of them. He's clearly a player that needs to given extended minutes and get in a rythm and play through errors and need to learn from experience of playing in real games. This idiot changing the line ups every 3 minutes is not conducive to a young team. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DLG10 said:

lol I've Murray and Chriss as well I feel you but I'm giving them a chance 

Lmao this thread Will be fun to follow. I can’t make myself drop him but I was looking to trade him yesterday. Then I regretted it. Feel so ashamed that I wasted a 7th round pick on him. 

We’ll see what he does against the Lakers coming off a back to back 

I think he may end up being good, but if they're rolling with warren and jackson it's going to be hard for him to have enough minutes to be serviceable in fantasy basketball. I drafted him in two leagues and dropped him in one. If he doesn't do anything tonight I will drop him in the other league. Right now is the beginning of the season and it's prime time to pick up players that were overlooked. If you hold onto someone like Chriss, assuming he only gets 20 minutes or less, you will regret it.  

cant really believe that owners would drop a multi cat high upside performer based off of one game.. any type of keeper league im scooping if others are dropping

He got 12 minutes last night and there are multiple players who look like they may have more upside. In a dynasty league of course I'd keep him. But even then you are probably hoping for a trade. Warrent is young and Josh Jackson is a rookie and will only get better. 

I wouldn't (and didn't, in the one league I have him), but you can't wait more than a few more games.  Len wasn't even playing, either. 

But it's one game and they got blown out so you can't read too much into the box score. 

3 minutes ago, Soccer8098 said:

If he doesnt get more than 20 minutes tonight against the Lakers im probably moving on 

what if he does get 20+ but drops goose eggs across the board and fouls out? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1