BMart519

Marquese Chriss 2017-2018 Season Outlook

3 hours ago, PuzzBeterson said:

He put up stats. But he didnt do well. Big difference.

Neither does Jackson.  The biggest issue though, and what I wouldn't blame Chriss being mad about if he is, is that there was never any indication he wasn't going to be a starter.

You can say what you want about him, and at least some of it is earned, but he does have legit upside and should be starting.  It makes even less sense since they aren't competing this season.

• Like 3

Dragan Bender is and will be the better prospect. If Earl Watson stops giving his best friend Chandler minutes, maybe more people can see that.

10 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Dragan Bender is and will be the better prospect. If Earl Watson stops giving his best friend Chandler minutes, maybe more people can see that.

I can't really say you're wrong as I know nothing about him, but his stats so far in his career are a mess.  Definitely can't disagree with the Chandler comment though.  Him starting is pretty silly on this team.  I'll just say that both Chriss and Bender should probably be starting (or at least playing enough) and leave it at that.

“It was honest, it was direct, it was truthful,” head coach Earl Watson said of his talks with Chriss. “[Marquese] knows he’s a starter in this league and there’s things we want him to accomplish consistently so he can have a long, impactful NBA career. We’re protecting him. It’s no punishment at all. It’s just teaching, and once he gets to that level he knows he’s a starter.”

There's still hope. Lol. Just gotta be patient. :D

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lbc88 said:

“It was honest, it was direct, it was truthful,” head coach Earl Watson said of his talks with Chriss. “[Marquese] knows he’s a starter in this league and there’s things we want him to accomplish consistently so he can have a long, impactful NBA career. We’re protecting him. It’s no punishment at all. It’s just teaching, and once he gets to that level he knows he’s a starter.”

There's still hope. Lol. Just gotta be patient. :D

LOL @ protecting him.

It's not Earl Watson. It's upper management.

They want to sell tickets and get sponsorships because money is and always will be the bottom line. What better way to squeeze what little revenue they can from their s--- a** team than to provide potential highlight reel material by starting and giving more minutes to their newly acquired, high flying Josh Jackson. Management already knows what they have in Chriss who is no human highlight reel but a mere per minute fouling monster of an imbecile. 

• Haha 2

Someone needs take that Watson for dinner and have chat with him. I still think Alvin Gentry is the worst by. a country mile but this guy catching up.

• Like 1

With Devin Booker out today, we will see how productive Chriss can get. Watching his minutes and fouling closely. There is going to be a lot of drops if he does more of the same today.

Edited by RotoHub

57 minutes ago, RotoHub said:

With Devin Booker out today, we will see how productive Chriss can get. Watching his minutes and fouling closely. There is going to be a lot of drops if he does more of the same today.

I really want to drop Chriss, but there is no PF on the wire that can replace his upside in my league.

It's is frustrating.

Agreed with y'all.  No idea why Chandler's still starting.  Hell, last game it took Tyson getting 3 fouls in the first to pull him (and even then, he still jumped right back in during the second).  I'm a Mavs fan, so I definitely respect Tyson, but my god, you're getting out rebounded badly on opening night with Tyson playing minutes, then he had some terrible defense last night as well.  Absolutely no idea why the old man is still playing with the young starters on a rebuilding team.

I thought Booker was questionable for today?  Is he definitively out?  I'll also be watching for minutes and fouls, but IMHO, it's really silly to "bring him up slowly" or "protect him" (Chriss, that is).  If he fouls or gets techs, let him learn through fire.  Either way, the Suns are gonna lose games, so might as well try to get him as much PT as possible.  I'm still wondering why they don't just start him; the second unit could use some firepower, and TJ Warren could help with that.

Also, it seems like a lot/some of you think he's a bad player.  Any reason, other than the foul issues?

46 minutes ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

I really want to drop Chriss, but there is no PF on the wire that can replace his upside in my league.

It's is frustrating.

Yes i feel the same way. At least they got 'C' eligibility..if this happened a day earlier I would've been able to pick up Nance smh

I hope he gets it going tonight upside is definitely there +health 

11 hours ago, BetterCallHinkie said:

Aussie Dictionary for Marquese Chriss

A shyt bloke who's not good.

by J.Lloyd

As an Australian, can confirm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1. I'm pretty sure this is a lot like the situation in LA last year when everyone was yelling to play D Lo more minutes while Lou Williams and Nick Young were getting big minutes.  

They're showcasing Chandler a bit to hopefully show the league he has enough left in the tank to help a play off team.  Once the trade deadline arrives, they'll move him, and Bledsoe, and the gates open for Chriss, Bender, Ullis.

It's a drop. Y'all really got people in your league clamoring for this bum waiting for him to be dropped? Wasted pick

drop him and get mozgov. yeah that is my situation in all my leagues that i have him. no options. most are much worse than him.

Edited by Xmantt
l

I’m tired of the excuses. “He had too many fouls” “he was up against Blake” “he’s being protected”

41 minutes ago, Shredded said:

I’m tired of the excuses. “He had too many fouls” “he was up against Blake” “he’s being protected”

Well, if it helps, being injured is a pretty good excuse for not playing.  Then again, it doesn't make things much better for us.

If anyone was watching the game, he had a pretty funny moment where he had a wide open transition dunk with nobody around and instead travels.  Also airballed a wide-open trey badly.  And again, he had some silly fouls, even when he wasn't matched against Blake, so it wasn't like he was playing well even before he rolled his ankle.

I'm holding, but it's only because I wanna show off my injured team with 6 actively injured players.  FML.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1