Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IsraeliPSYCHO

John Wall 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

I think he will finish top 10 this year .. he had his best season last year and i can honestly see him building on that, considering he rarely gets mentioned as an NBA superstar + he's always seemingly out to prove his worth. 

 

Thoughts? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playoff Wall (not fantasy playoff) was insane last season. 1.2 Bpg, and 27.2 Ppg during the playoffs (13 GP), I see him very well building on what he brought last season and in the playoffs.

I think its very possible he might lead the league in AST per game this season, his 2 steals per game is amazing, and the occasional block per game is nice to have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised there wasn't a thread on him already since he's roughly a first rounder.  Anyways, I managed to get him at #14, so obviously I'm on board.

 

His only real weakness is his TO's being at about 4 per game, but with so much across the board production, it can be managed.  You can also focus on other things since his assists are so high, which is nice since some of the other PGs that really help in assists don't score that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

Holy mother of ****. Point God.

10/28 from the field completely ruined his otherwise great line.  Already put him up for trade....

 

;)  A fantastic line even without his shot falling (or any steals).  It'll be nice to have my early round picks actually live up to expectations this season.  Thank you, Mr. Wall.  (I know I'll be saying that a lot)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KilloWertz said:

10/28 from the field completely ruined his otherwise great line.  Already put him up for trade....

 

;)  A fantastic line even without his shot falling (or any steals).  It'll be nice to have my early round picks actually live up to expectations this season.  Thank you, Mr. Wall.  (I know I'll be saying that a lot)

 

 

put him up for trade for who?

 

he's definitely going to average more points this season. 26-28 ppg range imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IsraeliPSYCHO said:

 

 

put him up for trade for who?

 

he's definitely going to average more points this season. 26-28 ppg range imo.

It was a joke because of his FG% tonight.  I guess you missed the ;) I put in the second sentence.

 

Oh well.  No big deal.  We'll just celebrate his otherwise very good start to the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

It was a joke because of his FG% tonight.  I guess you missed the ;) I put in the second sentence.

 

Oh well.  No big deal.  We'll just celebrate his otherwise very good start to the season.

 

 

so funny i forgot to laugh

 

 

lol we bout to eat, champ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wall almost with a Triple-Double none of us would have wanted (except people punting Turnovers)...  27 Points, 10 Assists, 7 Turnovers.  I guess he unfortunately had to make up for the almost lack of Turnovers in his first game.  Still, he was a beast otherwise for the second straight game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, IsraeliPSYCHO said:

top 5 potential tbh 

 

I don't think he ever get close and definitely not this season.  His efficiency is always going to hold him back.  He's a monster with the counting stats though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

 

I don't think he ever get close and definitely not this season.  His efficiency is always going to hold him back.  He's a monster with the counting stats though.

Yeah, the turnovers will likely hold him back from being a Top 5 player unless you are in a league that doesn't count them.  He's still going to be fantastic either way though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Yeah, the turnovers will likely hold him back from being a Top 5 player unless you are in a league that doesn't count them.  He's still going to be fantastic either way though.

 

 

turnovers is the one category i always punt .. i've won 14 straight championships using this formula

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IsraeliPSYCHO said:

 

 

turnovers is the one category i always punt .. i've won 14 straight championships using this formula

I have done it by accident so far between Wall, Cousins, and Middleton combining for 28 turnovers.  I'm in second place, so I guess it's working so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate punting TOs I feel like it's a cat you can still be competitive in. With Wall it's quite hard but not as hard as other top players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rage2021 said:

I hate punting TOs I feel like it's a cat you can still be competitive in. With Wall it's quite hard but not as hard as other top players

 

 

the players who play the most minutes and have the highest usage collect the most turnovers .... a couple of the main goals in fantasy is to get players with a.)higher usage and b.)more games played....so focusing on minimizing turnovers while maximizing usage and games is counter productive tbh .. if you can forget about turnovers, your chances of succeeding in every other counting stat increasing x10000000000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

100% agree on Punt TO. And I also like to raise it as a double-pount TO/FG% ( or at least semi pount) Gimme all the inefficient usage monsters all day long. 

Wall was ranked 5th last season in my double pount , so it's all about perspective

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, manolo_ said:

100% agree on Punt TO. And I also like to raise it as a double-pount TO/FG% ( or at least semi pount) Gimme all the inefficient usage monsters all day long. 

Wall was ranked 5th last season in my double pount , so it's all about perspective

 

 

 

exactly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wall, where has your shot gone?  (Yes, I know, not in the basket).  All the talk (including me) after his first two games about how good he was, and outside of the Assists, he's been pretty bad.

 

I know he'll turn it around again soon enough as it's only a handful of games, but I guess I had to point out how truly horribly he's shot overall this season.  The lack of steals by his standards are somewhat disappointing as well, but obviously I'm not going to try to trade him.  It should be fun to have him for the game he gets himself on track in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Wall, where has your shot gone?  (Yes, I know, not in the basket).  All the talk (including me) after his first two games about how good he was, and outside of the Assists, he's been pretty bad.

 

I know he'll turn it around again soon enough as it's only a handful of games, but I guess I had to point out how truly horribly he's shot overall this season.  The lack of steals by his standards are somewhat disappointing as well, but obviously I'm not going to try to trade him.  It should be fun to have him for the game he gets himself on track in.

 

He went up against lonzo cut him some slack /s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, igotbakingsoda said:

 

He went up against lonzo cut him some slack /s

 

it was supposed to be the other way around

 

"he (lonzo) went up against wall" for an excuse for a bad game

 

was expecting a much better game from him vs the rook but the bounce back game thats coming will be awesomeness 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to bed with him being 6 of 12 with a ho hum line, but I was okay with it due to it not hurting me in %s (My team is solidly over 50% for the season). Thought get them next time tiger...

 

Woke up to 7 of 22, STILL with a ho hum line and I has the sads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ssolitare said:

He had a good fg% until the 4th qtr.

 

Wall was 3 for 4 in the 3rd quarter.  The rest of the game he was 4-18.

 

He has not shot well all season and is currently at 14% on 3s.

 

Hopefully he picks it up soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never have owned JWall before, picked him and Paul (FML) on the 9/12 turn. Is he a FG% drag like this normally? I thought he was middle of the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.