IsraeliPSYCHO

John Wall 2017-2018 Season Outlook

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nba/77403/223/stew-midseason-top-25

This doesn't even have Wall in there. He's been a top 5-10 player the past week, and a top 10-15 player the past 2 weeks. Rotoworld must have missed the memo that Wall is back to his old ways. 20/4/10 with 2 steals and 1-2 blocks a game. How is Lowry a better player? That's criminal. I told them so. 

• Like 1

I actually traded Lowry for Wall right before Wall started balling. Two different styles, but I prefer the out of position blocks and potential monster assist nights over the 3s and FT%.

3 hours ago, trusthaprocess said:

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nba/77403/223/stew-midseason-top-25

This doesn't even have Wall in there. He's been a top 5-10 player the past week, and a top 10-15 player the past 2 weeks. Rotoworld must have missed the memo that Wall is back to his old ways. 20/4/10 with 2 steals and 1-2 blocks a game. How is Lowry a better player? That's criminal. I told them so. 

I dunno how supposed all star is 0-4 so far with 4 TOs. Let's hope he can salvage this

1 hour ago, rage2021 said:

I dunno how supposed all star is 0-4 so far with 4 TOs. Let's hope he can salvage this

If 16/3/11 is supposed to be a crappy game, I'll take it! I was disgusted watching the start of the game, but he turned it up in the 3rd. I'm happy with my decision to trade for him. 

I just read this today, he is averaging the most blocks for a PG. Pretty impressive:

http://www.espn.com/fantasy/basketball/story/_/id/22144482/fantasy-basketball-players-make-mark-multiple-scarce-fantasy-categories

Point guards give a boost in assists, 3-pointers and free throw percentage -- but only the rare point guard, such as John Wall, contributes in blocks. 

Will we ever see last years John Wall? Is the knee a bigger issue then they have let on? If it wasn't for 3 three pointers in the final 2 min of garbage time his line would have been pretty bad besides assists. I'm in a keeper league and kept him from last year and I know he put up career numbers but I didn't expect him to drop off like this

In my opinion he doesn't look the same as last year and is playing very lethargic and not aggressive.  its either the knee or hes decided to mail it in for Scott brooks for some reason.

Same here is was expecting first or second round value..it's been a massive disappointment I hope it's just the knee..I'm I'm keeper so I'm inclined to run it back next year and see..

His defense looks great and he's even shooting a higher percentage from 3 this year. However, on 2 pointers he's making .437% vs last years 48% and I really think it comes down to his mid range jumpshots not going in.

Defenses clog the paint against him and the dude just can't shoot a mid range pull up. I really thought he'd build on last year but maybe the knee injury threw him all out of whack. I still expect a strong finish but I think scoring will continue to be sporadic.

Yeh agree his mid range is costing him in real and fantasy. He was money on those last year. 

Maybe it's just that I'm a curse against John Wall.  I drafted him in the 2nd Round and he was mediocre, and then I traded him and he went crazy a couple of weeks ago.  I trade for him back thinking that the real John Wall is back, and now he's back to throwing up bricks.  If it wasn't for his defense, I'd be shopping him again, but I just have to stick with him this time I guess.  He'll likely go off right after I trade him yet again.

• Haha 2

I dont want to sound pessimistic but he's getting a 2nd opinion,another one of my players, now that isn't bad, tyler johnson got a second opinion and he's playing tonight. Its just the injuries are too much, no one can't even explain why it happens too much nowadays and not in the physical 90s or 70s to 80s era, and now we have advancements in medicine but it seems injuries have advanced too.

34 minutes ago, Xmantt said:

I dont want to sound pessimistic but he's getting a 2nd opinion,another one of my players, now that isn't bad, tyler johnson got a second opinion and he's playing tonight. Its just the injuries are too much, no one can't even explain why it happens too much nowadays and not in the physical 90s or 70s to 80s era, and now we have advancements in medicine but it seems injuries have advanced too.

:lol: sorry, not trying to make light but.. 

broken leg = broken leg.. 

they're frequent.. way too freq. and i agree with you there. 

1 hour ago, Xmantt said:

The ever-increasing speed of the game is making up the difference, or so they say.

Edited by ssolitare

I remember he had knee pain before the start of last season too (which is why is draft value was so low), is the current knee pain the same one, anyone know?

7 hours ago, Wise guy91 said:

I’m just dreading the notification for when it says he’ll be out for a month 

Same..at the point I'll probably just tank and sell assets for picks next year

At least we know the struggles primarily have to do with his knee and he's not just sucking from the field for no reason.

At this point just hoping for no shutdown, this knee is a serious problem though. Washington fans are probably holding their breath after the contract he got.

Why didn’t They make the results of the MRI public? And he was supposed to get a second opinion today in Cleveland. Still no news? I’m worried. Traded for him a couple of weeks ago thinking he would finish strong...

i read somewhere scott brooks isn't 'too worried' and doesn't think its another long term thing like the recent 9 game absence..time will tell though. i do think its been bothering him this season and affecting his performance. sometimes he has monster games, other times duds..not like last year where he was borderline first round player and consistent.