Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IsraeliPSYCHO

John Wall 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Just now, VaTerp said:

What did you get for him?

And the steals avg is down quite a bit from last year but he's had at least  steal in 12 straight games, which I believe is the longest current streak in the NBA.  He's a few deflections or bounces of the ball away from being back near his career average.

His shooting percentage is come back to his avg and his FT% is down but trending in the right direction.  The blocks have been really nice but I expect those to decrease and the steals to increase.

It's the #2 trade in my signature: Wall/Capela/A Gordon for Durant/Lillard/Tobias (11/3)

9 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

It's the #2 trade in my signature: Wall/Capela/A Gordon for Durant/Lillard/Tobias (11/3)

That is a heist and a half :lol:

Wizards next play Sunday at Toronto. Wall said his status depends on how the knee feels over next day-plus.

31 minutes ago, ssolitare said:

Feels like wall is definitely going down this season sometime.

It always feels like that with Wall. He'll be alright.

23 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

Wow...... What was that guy thinking???

Anyways, I'm a bit concerned about the fluid in the knee issue seemingly out of nowhere.

Really need him to play tomorrow in a close matchup this week but if sitting out is better long term then so be it.

1 hour ago, VaTerp said:

Wow...... What was that guy thinking???

He's the one that offered it... Also note that it was in the second week of the season, but I'm guessing his though process was by the look of the warriors theyre not going to push for it in the regular season which will depress Durant's numbers (which is true in some ways so far, Durant's career low FTs shows that), Capela was beasting in only like 25 - 28 minutes a game and hadn't played with CP3 yet at the time (which could lead to an extra 4 -6 points on lobs), and Aaron Gordon is an ascending stud (which I agree with, he was on my MUST draft list this year).

Enough about my squad though, get back to John Wall talk

just been a massive disappointment so far this season. some people even gambled and took this guy first round..hes ranked 51 right now.

1 hour ago, rage2021 said:

just been a massive disappointment so far this season. some people even gambled and took this guy first round..hes ranked 51 right now.

Ranked 19 past two weeks, including the recent dud. He'll be OK.

ot

well,westbrook rank 63 so far(rank 49 last 2 weeks)

I’d still take him late first round if he manages to fall to me (11th-14th pick)

7 hours ago, boshtrich17 said:

Anyone worried about his knees holding up rest of the season? I received an offer for Anthony Davis. 

i drafted john wall 11th overall and i would re-tear my acl from excitement if some1 offered me anthony davis for him 

11 hours ago, Hunter Cat said:

i drafted john wall 11th overall and i would re-tear my acl from excitement if some1 offered me anthony davis for him 

Hahaha that’s great. Funny I took wall 10th overall and I completed that trade a few days ago. I’ve just noticed that Walls numbers are hard to find especially in my league where people hoard PGs and cheap assists are no where to be found on the wire. Either way wall knees have scared me off as a possible reoccurring issue.

Well done in flipping Wall for AD.

Overall, I'm not too worried but hope the knee issue isnt lingering.  Said it swelled as a reaction to the IV which Ive never heard of but would appear less of a concern than some sort of damage.

This was the first off season in forever that he didnt have a procedure done so I'm hoping he stays relatively healthy and rounds completely into form soon.

19 hours ago, boshtrich17 said:

Anyone worried about his knees holding up rest of the season? I received an offer for Anthony Davis. 

Not sure how in the hell you got AD but congrats. That’s a massive no brainer. I’m worried about Wall the rest of the season. My team needs him for his assists but he is really testing my patience. Needs to lift his ft% otherwise I will be seeing what offers I can get.

1 hour ago, Pendles said:

Not sure how in the hell you got AD but congrats. That’s a massive no brainer. I’m worried about Wall the rest of the season. My team needs him for his assists but he is really testing my patience. Needs to lift his ft% otherwise I will be seeing what offers I can get.

?

His FT has been 86% in the last two weeks. 

I just flipped Dinwiddie and Green for Wall. I love the waiver wire. It's as if I traded Green for Wall. Beautiful. Wall is a special talent IMO. I saw the work he put in over the summer, he's for real. I think the knee has held him down a bit, but he's starting to play better now. I think he's going to start climbing back in the rankings until he's a 1st rounder again by years end. 

25 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

I just flipped Dinwiddie and Green for Wall. I love the waiver wire. It's as if I traded Green for Wall. Beautiful. Wall is a special talent IMO. I saw the work he put in over the summer, he's for real. I think the knee has held him down a bit, but he's starting to play better now. I think he's going to start climbing back in the rankings until he's a 1st rounder again by years end. 

FYI Wall has never been a first round player unless you're punting FG% or TO (usually ~20-30 per BasketballMonster).