Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IsraeliPSYCHO

John Wall 2017-2018 Season Outlook

On 12/5/2017 at 9:25 AM, trusthaprocess said:

It's encouraging. I traded Green and Dinwiddie to get him, so I want him 100%. He's special, I hope the knee holds up for ROS. 

I also traded Green to get him. I am  hoping he comes back 100 %

11/25/17 John Wall G Knee Expected to be out until at least Dec 9

4 minutes ago, ythao455 said:

I also traded Green to get him. I am  hoping he comes back 100 %

11/25/17 John Wall G Knee Expected to be out until at least Dec 9

I traded Oladipo a while ago thinking it was a great deal for me, but that dude is top 10 at the moment :lol:

Wall will be fine. Last season, rotoworld kept on recommending to sell high on Wall because he was on minutes restriction early after offseason procedure, dude went on an absolute tear when the calendar flipped to January. Had so many games where he already had 10 assists before halftime. Best 2 way PG in the NBA right now. I am trying to buy low, but Wall is th type of guy where you can't buy low on him. No one  will sell low a round 1 or round 2 pick .

Tried trading Kemba for Wall but rejected

John Wall (knee) isn't ready to return for Saturday's game vs. the Clippers or Tuesday's game vs. the Nets according to Candace Buckner of the Washington Post.

He has progressed to participating in half-court shooting and running drills, and Buckner adds that we could see Wall return as soon as Wednesday's game vs. the Grizzlies when the Wizards return home from their road trip. That would be a little later than his two-week timetable, but coach Scott Brooks said he's progressing well and that "he’s checked off all the boxes" in his rehab so far. His fantasy owners just need to hang in there for another week or so.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wizards-insider/wp/2017/12/07/john-wall-nearing-two-week-mark-but-source-says-hes-not-yet-ready-to-return/?utm_term=.1bbeefeef154

Mid-Dec seems like a good bet barring any setbacks.

Schedule is also the reason why target is Wednesday. They finish their road trip Tuesday, so makes sense to get him back Wednesday in a home game, and also avoid back to back in return. I'm fine with that

Just now, a-rob said:

Schedule is also the reason why target is Wednesday. They finish their road trip Tuesday, so makes sense to get him back Wednesday in a home game, and also avoid back to back in return. I'm fine with that

Agreed.

Wiz actually have 4 games next week. I might put Wall in my weekly lineup (predicting he might play 3/4 games), same amount as my current sub Collison (3 games).

John Wall (knee) went through a 5-on-5 practice on Friday, but he will still not play against the Clippers on Saturday.

He said his knee "felt great" after the work, and an earlier report said Tuesday is his target date. Back on Nov. 25, the Wizards announced Wall was expected to miss two weeks for his PRP treatment on his ailing knee, so he's just a shade behind schedule. For Saturday, Brad Beal will look to stay red hot against a defense that is getting ripped apart as Tim Frazier and Tomas Satoransky get the minutes at the point.

:wub:

It'll have been a little longer than expected, but I'm just glad he'll finally be back really soon.  Donovan Mitchell has really helped make up for the loss of Wall while he's been out, but it will still be great to have him back and then have a pretty dangerous PG duo.

47 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

It'll have been a little longer than expected, but I'm just glad he'll finally be back really soon.  Donovan Mitchell has really helped make up for the loss of Wall while he's been out, but it will still be great to have him back and then have a pretty dangerous PG duo.

Same here brother. I just traded for Lonzo Ball too. Those 3 should be fun together!

So uhm y’all think he playin tom or weds?

I'd give the edge to Wednesday's home game. After a multi-game absence, returning in front of the home crowd just seems more likely.

I doubt playing in front of the home crowd has anything to do with it.

The fact that Wed is the 2nd night of a back to back makes it the more likely night IMO.

Either way he's not playing the b2b though I get why Tuesday is best given the amount of games played Wednesday.  Seems near certain it's wednesday if anything.  

Love my boy John Wall and that he's back, but just traded him for Lillard. I need the scoring and FT anchor.

Enjoy him y'all. I know he's about to have a beast of a season with this knee injury behind him.

The wait is over fellas (hopefully)! Tonight I have a drink to healthy knees and lots of assists and steals

John Wall (knee) is "very likely" to play Wednesday against the Grizzlies, according to sources of Candace Buckner of The Washington Post.

15 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

The wait is over fellas (hopefully)! Tonight I have a drink to healthy knees and lots of assists and steals

John Wall (knee) is "very likely" to play Wednesday against the Grizzlies, according to sources of Candace Buckner of The Washington Post.

Amen to that!

8 minutes ago, Born_Slippy said:

Just ruined my FT for the week!

Yeeeep...

1 hour ago, Born_Slippy said:

Just ruined my FT for the week!

You can get your percentages up, quit whining, what matters is that he got through this game unscathed. Look at the bigger picture. He's healthy now, that's what matters. He has top 10-15 ROS upside. 4 free throws ain't gonna kill your season.