Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IsraeliPSYCHO

John Wall 2017-2018 Season Outlook

6 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

Knee looked good. Check around 2 mins for a block he pinned against the backboard.

Looks like the John Wall I traded for! :D 

Wtf is wrong wit wall. He’s playin against a d league team.. Ima change my team name to John Wall Sux Balls

but fo Real tho wtf

Wizards have to be the least clutch team in the league.  Routinely throw away big leads and lose games they have no right losing.  

I thought Wall's return might steady the ship a little but nope.  They're still a**.

If you ignore the fact that the %'s were awful now for both of his games, he actually had a pretty nice line tonight.

Still, I'm with others... WTF?  The FT shooting has been an issue for him most of the season, and basically all of the progress he made last season has evaporated.

He’s just rusty, he’s not that bad of a FT shooter. He’ll get up to 75-80 before season’s end. He’s been away from game action for a while, so he’s trying to get his rhythm back. What matters is that he has made it out healthy, and the stocks are really encouraging. A PG who helps in blocks is rare. And the assists will come up once his PT increases again. We just gotta be patient. 

2 hours ago, trusthaprocess said:

He’s just rusty, he’s not that bad of a FT shooter. He’ll get up to 75-80 before season’s end. He’s been away from game action for a while, so he’s trying to get his rhythm back. What matters is that he has made it out healthy, and the stocks are really encouraging. A PG who helps in blocks is rare. And the assists will come up once his PT increases again. We just gotta be patient. 

I don't disagree with most of your post, but the FT shooting was a major issue even before he went out.  He seemed like he had corrected it for the last week or so before he went out, along with the rest of his game, but now the FT shooting is right back to the unexplainable (I doubt even Wall could tell you why).

I remember when he was healthy and I was watching games and actually dreading him going to the FT line, which is obviously not what I drafted.  I drafted a guy you could plug into your lineup and not have to worry about a thing.  I'm sure he'll get there at some point (not just the FT shooting), but the first year I've ever owned him couldn't be any more disappointing by Wall's standards.

Maybe this a good buy low. I'll trust the career numbers at the ft line and assume they normalize. FWIW he was very good at the line to start the season ( 82% the first 6 games). It's really been exasperated by 5 big negative games from the line. November 1st, 3rd, 5th...and then the last two games. I could be wrong, but we have a really large sample size of him being a more than capable ft shooter.,

11 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

I don't disagree with most of your post, but the FT shooting was a major issue even before he went out.  He seemed like he had corrected it for the last week or so before he went out, along with the rest of his game, but now the FT shooting is right back to the unexplainable (I doubt even Wall could tell you why).

I remember when he was healthy and I was watching games and actually dreading him going to the FT line, which is obviously not what I drafted.  I drafted a guy you could plug into your lineup and not have to worry about a thing.  I'm sure he'll get there at some point (not just the FT shooting), but the first year I've ever owned him couldn't be any more disappointing by Wall's standards.

Me too. It is worrisome. He hasn’t been right this year. I think the knee has affected his overall game across the board. It’s thrown off his rhythm. It’s hard to give 100% when you have constant pain. I’m sure his focus has been thrown off from that, and it’s been affecting his percentages. Maybe now that his knee is right, his percentages will trend upwards from here 

9 hours ago, trusthaprocess said:

Me too. It is worrisome. He hasn’t been right this year. I think the knee has affected his overall game across the board. It’s thrown off his rhythm. It’s hard to give 100% when you have constant pain. I’m sure his focus has been thrown off from that, and it’s been affecting his percentages. Maybe now that his knee is right, his percentages will trend upwards from here 

His shoulder has been ailing him too. He's been closer to 50% healthy rather than 100%. I think he's a realistic shutdown candidate in the upcoming months. I wouldn't blame him either. He looks like he really needs the rest.

5 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

His shoulder has been ailing him too. He's been closer to 50% healthy rather than 100%. I think he's a realistic shutdown candidate in the upcoming months. I wouldn't blame him either. He looks like he really needs the rest.

Too early to say that. He ain't getting shut down if Washington is in the playoff hunt. 

Actually a borderline pretty good line tonight if you throw out the fact that he couldn't shoot in the second half.

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

Actually a borderline pretty good line tonight if you throw out the fact that he couldn't shoot in the second half.

Won me my reb match up by 1 cause capela sat out yesterday but got a tie in ast  lol thank you Wall 

16 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

His shooting will trend up, what matters is that the peripherals are there, and he's explosive again. and healthy! Hopefully it stays that way for ROS!

15 hours ago, thrilla1nManila said:

Won me my reb match up by 1 cause capela sat out yesterday but got a tie in ast  lol thank you Wall 

Shows you how special of a player he is. He can give you 20/5/10 every night!

A monster triple double might happening. Rondo has no answer for him. He's slashing at will. 

5 minutes ago, Wise guy91 said:

What’s happening here? 

Just going to assume he's injured because he's on my team. Seriously though 7:33 in the first half and no fouls, but nothing that I can find about an injury. Hopefully he's just sick or something. This guy has been a huge disappointment so far. 

Edit: Back to start the 2nd half, weird.