IsraeliPSYCHO

Buddy Hield 2017-2018 Season Outlook

That 7-minute, 0 point, benching performance from him reminds me of Donovan Mitchell's 3-21 shooting. Many owners dropped them after those duds, only for them to explode consistently.

Should have picked him back up after I dropped him after his 19-point performance the next game (same day drop, so no waiver).

10 minutes ago, AndreSplash said:

Love when he's playing confident and looking for his shot, but does he have to be so damn sloppy with the rock? 

Stop nitpicking. 

16 minutes ago, AndreSplash said:

Love when he's playing confident and looking for his shot, but does he have to be so damn sloppy with the rock? 

I know man...he should be 10/10 with 7 threes 4 steals 10 rebs 10 assist and no TO. gosh this kid sucks

11 minutes ago, Identikit said:

Stop nitpicking. 

5 minutes ago, JChan17 said:

I know man...he should be 10/10 with 7 threes 4 steals 10 rebs 10 assist and no TO. gosh this kid sucks

Haha it must be the basketball coach in me. Sorry if I'm being a damper on the Hield of Dreams parade. I'm glad that Joerger is letting him play through miscues. 

he doesnt have to be perfect but damn atleast handle the rock right way

• Like 1

I don't know if it's a good sign or a bad sign that he didn't crack 30mins played in a blowout.  Anybody who watched the game want to comment on if he played much in the 4th or when the game was definitely out of reach?

56 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

I don't know if it's a good sign or a bad sign that he didn't crack 30mins played in a blowout.  Anybody who watched the game want to comment on if he played much in the 4th or when the game was definitely out of reach?

He played 2.5 min of the 3rd and most of the 4th. It seems like Joerger trusts him in crunch time as his shooting has kept them in/won them games. He didn't score as much in the second half (and had some frustrating mental mistakes), but he's playing much better than he did to start the season. He's more active on defense where guys aren't simply scoring on him at will and his help side defense is noticeably better. I like him in his bench role because ZBo is usually sitting when Buddy is out there and the offense tends to run through Buddy Buckets with second unit. Buddy stock is rising.

Edited by AndreSplash
  • Like 1

With around 30% of season finished, I need to set a timeline moving forward. My tolerance on Joerger with regards to Chavano Rainier's minutes will be strongly evaluated at the 45% and 2/3 season mark. 

Love Buddy's potential but with Len on my team it feels like I am rolling the dice every week. Chavano has done everything he can to prove his game is worthy of more playing time. At this point, it's up to the coach. 

Would hate to see him go, but have to cut the losses at some point. Any Chavano owners holding on to him?

5 minutes ago, NBA_OG said:

With around 30% of season finished, I need to set a timeline moving forward. My tolerance on Joerger with regards to Chavano Rainier's minutes will be strongly evaluated at the 45% and 2/3 season mark. 

Love Buddy's potential but with Len on my team it feels like I am rolling the dice every week. Chavano has done everything he can to prove his game is worthy of more playing time. At this point, it's up to the coach. 

Would hate to see him go, but have to cut the losses at some point. Any Chavano owners holding on to him?

I have been holding because when the minutes are there he balls but the inconsistency is killing me at the moment. I'm going to see how he plays tonight and if it's another 17 minute game I'm dropping.

1 hour ago, adam_magic said:

Another dud, the inconsistency is real with this guy!

This is what happens when your coach dicks around with playing time. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Identikit said:

This is what happens when your coach dicks around with playing time. 

Totally agree, not blaming Buddy as he clearly has talent just frustrating for fantasy 

57 minutes ago, adam_magic said:

Totally agree, not blaming Buddy as he clearly has talent just frustrating for fantasy 

Yes. The inconsistency is real with coach Joerger!

12/23 vs Spurs- AND HE IS STARTING!!!! 5 PTS in the first 2 mins!!!!

Christmas came early this year? hahaha!~

Hield burned me once early on in my league, but I may have to give him another shot since Joerger is going to start the “youth movement” and sit some vets going forward.