brockpapersizer

Willie Calhoun 2018 Outlook

13 minutes ago, TheBigBambino said:

Is he sent back down when Mazara comes back 

Maybe not with Delino DeShields being optioned on 7/24.

• Like 1

31.4% K rate

2.9% BB rate

The exact opposite of what we would expect from the kid coming up. We know he felt slighted by not being up already, so my guess is he’s pressing to try to prove he’s belonged the whole time. It ain’t working.

Regardless, he’s hitting 8th, struggling early, and unless Gallo is traded, will likely have no spot to play when Mazara is healthy. Bummed, but looking like this could be a lost season.

• Like 1

Any rangers fans that have an idea on how this outfield mix will be figured out when mazara gets back? Is there a chance that shoo is picked up off waivers? I think Calhoun is on the verge of taking off but it is tough to make an investment with no guarantee he doesn’t get sent down when mazara is back or is forced out of the lineup every third day.

17 minutes ago, Jimmymckrack said:

Any rangers fans that have an idea on how this outfield mix will be figured out when mazara gets back? Is there a chance that shoo is picked up off waivers? I think Calhoun is on the verge of taking off but it is tough to make an investment with no guarantee he doesn’t get sent down when mazara is back or is forced out of the lineup every third day.

No chance for Choo. He’s owed $21M PER YEAR over the next two years. If someone claimed him, Texas would gladly give him away. But no one would.

Well, he's at least got 5 doubles in August so far and the K rate has dropped down as expected and the BA is climbing. Hopefully he can get hot down the stretch, my offense would appreciate it.

Yeah he's been okay, but it seems like a natural continuation of the numbers he's been putting up in AAA this year - as opposed to what he was doing the previous seasons, which would've been much more valuable in fantasy.

Rangers optioned OF Willie Calhoun to Triple-A Round Rock.

Advice: Calhoun was batting .275/.325/.391 with just one home run through 77 plate appearances with Texas. The 23-year-old is known for his impressive raw power, but he's yet to show it at the major league level.

(Rotoworld.com)

giphy.gif

• Like 3

He actually been doing ok walking a bit and hitting, but I guess rangers want to see at least 5 HR in 2 weeks