Gryfter

Trea Turner 2018 Outlook

It's about time he had his breakout game.  Had me making stupid offers trying to dump him but alot of that has to do with the rest of my team not doing anything as well.  Hopefully since he has the green light now on Stealing bases and not hitting 6th we'll see the real Trea Turner.  

• Like 1

We all knew he had blazing speed and will steal 50+ bases.  What will make or break him as a first rounder will be his ability to get a .300 + avg and 12-15 HRs to top it up.  He's not shown any power.    The counting stats should fly in once we see some return to health from Eaton, Rendon and Daniel Murphy (Even if Murph only plays 100 games).    

Looks like just a speed guy at this point. Not that I’m complaining about his stolen bases but he’s show virtually zero power. I was hopping for 15 hr pop with a .290 average. Gunna have to settle for a .260 Ave and 8 hrs this year. Hoping for 70 sb’s 

5 minutes ago, The Dude81 said:

Looks like just a speed guy at this point. Not that I’m complaining about his stolen bases but he’s show virtually zero power. I was hopping for 15 hr pop with a .290 average. Gunna have to settle for a .260 Ave and 8 hrs this year. Hoping for 70 sb’s 

Dude. April. 

• Like 2

For those in OBP leagues, Turner has now run his BB% to 13.8%.  This is a big increase from his 6.7% mark last year.  SB+OBP is already where you want it, and once the hits start falling I think you will get your money's worth.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, StarlinCastro said:

For those in OBP leagues, Turner has now run his BB% to 13.8%.  This is a big increase from his 6.7% mark last year.  SB+OBP is already where you want it, and once the hits start falling I think you will get your money's worth.

I'm liking the plate approach so far this season. A career high BB% and a 7,8 SwStr%.

I'm not worried at all about the AVG. His Soft% is only 12,5% and his Hard% is at 38,9%. The AVG will go up.

17 hours ago, DannyMcPot said:

Dude. April. 

Top 10 player in my league last week while hitting .385 and stealing four bases, but yeah, obviously just your average .260 hitter...

Tied for 71st in runs scored and 1 hr!! 7 rbi!! My God besides the steals he's done next to nothing. Don't get why people are defending a guy who hasn't ever put together a full season. He's fast. That's really all he brings to the table. 

• Confused 2

3/4 tonight.  You guys complain that he isn’t going to run enough, he’s now 12/12 in sb’s.  Then you complain that he is hitting less than .200.  Now he’s over .280. I mean the nats as a whole haven’t done much offensively if you haven’t been tracking box scores.  At least comparatively to last year or what we expect.  Haters keep hatin.  I’ll take Trea all day long.  Still don’t regret the first round tag.  Top 5?  Maybe.  But I’m still a believer that he returns top 8 value barring injury.  He’s been rolling in my points league the last couple weeks.

• Like 1

Not to mention how the counting stats will improve once Murph, Rendon and even Eaton return.

• Like 1

The guys behind him aren't hitting right now. Since batting leadoff (20 games), Turner is batting .309 with a .398 OBP but has only scored 11 Runs. This team needs Rendon and Murphy back.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 33legend said:

Not to mention how the counting stats will improve once Murph, Rendon and even Eaton return.

Precisely. They only really have 2 guys hitting well in their lineup right now.

Everything will get better than those quality hitters return.

Harper leads the Majors with 38 walks. Judge is 2nd with 25. Other teams are challenging the fill-in National hitters and it's working.

last thing to knock off the complaint list is hrs. 

cmon on trea hit some damn hrs already

Several regulars were removed when they were up 12-0 or whatever it was.  No worries.  I feel like this could be the week Turner gets people back on the hype train. Kid has been seeing it well for a while now, just now seeing some good fortune.  I’ve been wrong plenty of times though. 

On 5/1/2018 at 9:07 PM, colepenhagen said:

last thing to knock off the complaint list is hrs. 

cmon on trea hit some damn hrs already

Happy?  I feel like it’s about to be a fun few weeks.  

• Like 1

yea its funny how people thought/think he wont be worth top 10, top 5 pick because of lack of talent.

Weathers heating up.. so are the bats. If Martinez sticks to one lineup (keeps him first or second) he’ll he worth the pick.

Harper needs to stop stealing bases batting in front of Turner.  How is Trea supposed to drive in any runs with Bryce messing with his head trying to steal all these bases?!?!

• Like 2

Jack last night, pretty pretty swing.

He's heating up, loving his better OBP too this year. Really showing that is is now made for the top of a lineup, even when Eaton returns don't see him moving.

8 walks from a career high already!

I know it’s horrible news for Eaton owners as well as for Eaton in real life. However it makes me pretty confident in Turner with no worries of lineup shuffling now. Still holding strong to top 10 value by seasons end.