Gryfter

Trea Turner 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, Redphan said:

8 SB's in last 7 games-along with 12 runs, 2 HR's,  7 RBI's, and 5 multi hit games! That's the guy I drafted!

He's been on my team for 7 games. Once he came over to my organization, he adopted our run-heavy and mash philosophy.

Edited by IceGoat
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, IceGoat said:

He's been on my team for 7 games. Once he came over to my organization, he adopted our run-heavy and mash philosophy.

We all owe you, man.

• Like 2

Almost every projection site has him at 6 HR and 10+ SB ROS. That would mean a 20 HR/40+ SB season. Over the last 10 years, only 3 players had a 20+HR/40+SB season (Trout, Kemp and CarGo). CarGo was the last to do it, in 2013.

Edited by Sine_cera
  • Like 2

Ever since they had a team meeting about not trading any of their guys Trea and other guys on the team have been playing at a different level. I honestly think this production will continue for most of the second half. They are playing inspired baseball. 

I'm not sure what to make of that streak of 5 straight caught stealings but I'm glad it's over. He's had runs now of 22-2 SB:CS, then 0-5, and now 8-0. You have to wonder if there was some small injury sapping his speed for a bit. Either way, he's attempted as many stolen bases in the last 5 games as he had in the previous 34.

The past 7 games feels like 2016, that awesome 2nd half all Trea owners have been chasing since...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sine_cera said:

Almost every projection site has him at 6 HR and 10+ SB ROS. That would mean a 20 HR/40+ SB season. Over the last 10 years, only 3 players had a 20+HR/40+SB season (Trout, Kemp and CarGo). CarGo was the last to do it, in 2013.

I'll take the over on 10 steals, health permitting of course. Even with this run in the past week, his rate of stealing this season is lower than it has been the past two years. 

7 hours ago, jeffr913 said:

6 steals this week. THIS is the kid I thought I drafted

Amazing what happens when the manager takes his foot off the brake and allows Trea to do Trea things instead of worrying that Trea will be safely (and conservatively) on 1B for "Superstar" Harper to deliver home safely.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

On 8/3/2018 at 12:28 PM, The Big Bat Theory said:

Amazing what happens when the manager takes his foot off the brake and allows Trea to do Trea things instead of worrying that Trea will be safely (and conservatively) on 1B for "Superstar" Harper to deliver home safely.

How do you know it was the manager? I'm not saying it wasn't, just curious if there's a quote from somewhere. Not giving Turner the green light seems completey idiotic.

I just assumed he stopped running so often because he was in a rut, with lots of bad jumps and getting caught frequently.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cs3 said:

How do you know it was the manager? I'm not saying it wasn't, just curious if there's a quote from somewhere. Not giving Turner the green light seems completey idiotic.

I just assumed he stopped running so often because he was in a rut, with lots of bad jumps and getting caught frequently.

The manager had him batting right in front of Harper.  You don;t steal and possibly get caught with your superstar at the plate.  Baseball 101.  So yeah the manager put the brakes of Turner for sure via his line-up. It is totally on the manager.

I'm not buying that. Having a guy like Turner running wild on the bases should give a guy like Harper a lot more fastballs to hit.  

Makes more sense that he just stopped running for a bit because he was unsuccessful for quite awhile.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cs3 said:

I'm not buying that. Having a guy like Turner running wild on the bases should give a guy like Harper a lot more fastballs to hit.  

Makes more sense that he just stopped running for a bit because he was unsuccessful for quite awhile.

Or one he steals second, they would just walk Harper 

• Like 1

With the way Harper was "hitting" at the time, the Nats should've been thrilled with a walk.

Insanely talented but still battles bouts of inconsistencies. He's basically a soohomore so adjustments will be needed and are forthcoming.  I admire his baseball IQ.

1 hour ago, sarcastaballer said:

Odds of TT giving me a 290+ BA ROS?

Drafted this dude hoping for 290 but has really disappointed me with his discipline

Depth charts has him at about 280 ROS which I think sounds about right.

with another average month looks like trea will hit the 20/40/100 numbers with a shot at 70 rbi's not bad for a down year

hope people shy away next year so he falls to mid/late 1st rd (8th or later would be ideal) like mookie this year

• Like 2

He's finishing the season in a good way: .293, 2 HR, 13 RBI, 20 Runs, 9 SB, 7 Doubles and a 13,8 BB% in 22 Games.

• Like 4

On 9/3/2018 at 2:25 PM, colepenhagen said:

with another average month looks like trea will hit the 20/40/100 numbers with a shot at 70 rbi's not bad for a down year

hope people shy away next year so he falls to mid/late 1st rd (8th or later would be ideal) like mookie this year

sup colep

i think he falls to the 2nd in ADP...and ill be snagging early 2nd

Edited by jfazz23