Toronto416

Marcus Smart 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Good value in late rounds. Very excited about him this year as Boston's premiere perimeter defender.

He lost a lot of weight in the offseason and he said it has helped him in a lot of ways, including his shot. That is a major thing if you ask me because he shot below 30% from three in his career. 

He shot 7/12 from three in four preseason games, which is really encouraging. I'm not saying he will be lights out this season, but he could easily shoot around 35% from three, especially if you consider that he is now playing with Irving and Hayward and with so much attention focused on them for the opposing defenses, Smart could actually have a lot of open shots. 

Yeah, it really felt like he worked on his shot while watching the preseason games. The confidence is there and the arc is there as well. He has a chance to reach Covington/Ariza levels in value.

On 10/14/2017 at 9:53 PM, VaTerp said:

If someone could start a Yahoo request to get him SG eligibility that would be great.

How do you do that...because he will be playing both clearly....

3 minutes ago, Elcamino said:

How do you do that...because he will be playing both clearly....

I'm not sure otherwise would have done it.  Lol.

Someone did it for Draymond and there was a link on Yahoo where you could comment or vote.  But I couldnt figure out how to do it when I was looking at it.

• Like 1

Go here and submit a request to add SG via troubleshooting. I doubt it will work until he's played there. If he plays there regularly he'll get it within a few weeks. People have executed successful campaigns like this in the past, but here it doesn't seem all that likely.

Until he's played there?

Smart has always been a combo guard and is listed on most depth charts as their backup SG or at both guard spots.  RW's depth chart and Yahoo are the only one's I see where he's listed only as a PG.

He is the primary backup at both G positions in my view.  As generous as they are with position eligibility for some, giving Smart combo status seems like a no brainer.

Would you prefer Smart of Jeremy Lamb? I'm in a 14 team highly competitive league with 2 bench spots. Small decisions go a long way.

I know Lamb's success will be short lived once Batum is back but he's had a strong preseason also, starting, and getting high praises from the Hornets.

I have Smart but thinking about dropping him for Lamb. Thoughts...

2 minutes ago, sham242 said:

Would you prefer Smart of Jeremy Lamb? I'm in a 14 team highly competitive league with 2 bench spots. Small decisions go a long way.

I know Lamb's success will be short lived once Batum is back but he's had a strong preseason also, starting, and getting high praises from the Hornets.

I have Smart but thinking about dropping him for Lamb. Thoughts...

I have both in a 14 team league with 6 bench spots.

If I had to choose one it would be Smart.  Lamb gives you more scoring (short term) and better percentages.  But Smart gives you more of everything else. I'm hoping Lamb has a good start with Batum out but Batum may be back sooner than some think and Monk and Bacon have the potential to take some of Lamb's minutes.

I feel like Smart's role is much more solidified and like his chances to improve his scoring and dreadful FG%.

• Like 1

Good to see he's still not just "better in punt FG%" but a no s--- "treat him like Andre Drummond and you have to punt a cat if you have him" dude.  Never change, big guy.

3 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

All Celtics are shook up tonight, rightfully so.

Not reading much into this poor performance.

I take it you've missed the other 99% of his career games played.

• Like 1